Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

Cool, hope the bonus shows up on your account. Judging by the outrage it is starting to create on the Bio boards, they are gonna fix the bug that allowed existing subscribers to use the referrals for bonuses. No hurry on Thorian, I estimate April-May to finish the first generation of characters. I am kind of inclined to paly at least one token male.

The SW site is down for me, so I can't click the referral link or post my own, but I'll do that later/today or tomorrow. Woo! ...In truth, I can't get SW to run for me right now, either. It keeps giving me maintenance errors, even though I can see that the servers are up for other people. Which should have meant today was a prime modding day, but instead after I finished my work I spent my time writing bad SWtOR fanfiction. I fail.

I've never gotten to the point where I meet Torian/Thorian/Mando Guy, so I don't know how he is (but he uses my Chiss Agent's emokid hairstyle, so I think I partially love him already), but Mako's romance unfortunately has issues with it that are in common with Watcher Two's romance. To be specific, Mako rejects your character all through Act 1 and is only willing to start something romantic in Act II/III. But to get that romance going, you have to flirt with her a few times. So it leads to your flirting with her, getting rejected, you flirting with her, getting rejected, and all the while you feeling like you're creeping on this young girl (seriously- Mako has one of the younger sounding voices in game, and the male BH has a gruff 'guy in his late 30's' sounding voice making it sound like there's a large age difference) who just wants you to take the Bounty Hunting seriously and get back to work and be left alone. Then all of a sudden in Act II it's a complete personality turn about for her, and it's sort of like... "...Does she just like because (Act I finale spoilers), because she totally wanted nothing to do with me earlier?". I don't think it's the best written male romance.

I was reading someone's rant on how Quinn was a complete sociopath only after your female Sith Warrior so he could get force sensitive children. It's interesting how different people have different interpretation of the characters. Quinn's romance is probably the most problematic in the game, from the 'stand back and think carefully about your choices in life, Sith Warrior!', but as it's a video game and not real life, it's all good fun.

...Still, Vector remains my favorite romance, although I don't always like the Agent's dialog responses with him.

When Vector comes to you with his connection to the Hive turned off, there's no real option to ask him what he wants in that situation. You can be like 'OMG Let's have sex now while you're normal', 'The guy I love isn't human so go back to being kiliky', 'or 'AHHHH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYES FREAK'- none of them the greatest choices. I don't know if he turned off his connection to the Hive because he wanted his first time with the Agent to be private, or because he thought that was what she would want, and that left me with a long pause of being unsure what to say to him. I think I ended up with the 'guy I love isn't human' and having him go back to the black eyes, but that little part still bugs me. I just wish I could have asked him what he wanted rather then making it all about the Agent. Mmf.

I'm only remembering two LS choices Kaliyo approved of off hand, both on Nar Shaddar. One involved an alien criminal, the other a mysterious figure who knew bits of her past. Kaliyo is DS to the core, but once you get Vector, he's LS to the core. For the practical agent who shifts around from DS to LS, you have to keep changing who's with you after Alderran to max out on points. Kaliyo, the key is to promise her she can have fun, and snark at everyone you see- especially people in authority to you.

Though I'm like Kuylok. As soon as I get a companion, I go to the companion gifts vendor on the fleet and buy everyone their favorite item in rank one, and then their favorite item in rank two till it stops giving me max points. I usually don't get them up to 6000, though- more like 5000. That means it's a lot easier to max out their affection. I also give them the fancy gifts I get from my Diplomacy or whatever skill I have, and occasionally buy from the GTN. Someone was selling blue tier 5 courting gifts for less then 3000 a pop. Gave them all to Doc, and now he really likes me. Much more then my Jedi Knight likes him, I think. I'm still unsure about the romance, but I'm going to take him around so I might as well go for it.

(And honestly, why wouldn't I do the romance on any character? The only time I would consider not doing it is on a BH, where I've heard that if you don't romance either Mako or Torian, they hook up, which would probably be cuter then any romance with either of them would be, but I've heard then they just break up, so what's the point?)

Thinking about rushing my BH to 15 so she can participate in bounty week, although my agents and trooper would probably have fun with it, too. It's not glamorous enough for my Smuggler, and I think my Sith and Jedi Knight would find it a bit beneath them. (My Jedi Councilor is level 1, and has no personality yet. Just Miralian tattoos and red hair.)

Also if Quesh did involve Hunter for the Agent, then Quesh had to have been awesome and I'm just misremembering it, because Hunter is my favorite love-to-hate character in this game. Ah, Hunter. I love you, I hate you, and I really wish I could have just teamed up with you and we could rule the galaxy together. That should have been how Act 3 ended. The galaxy would have *cried* after we were done with it.

Checking forums before bed, quickly. :) Me interested in bad SWTOR fanfiction! Link, please. :)

RE: Links. Me and Domi are probably out of the running with referral links - I mean, people can click on our links, but we've already been "referred", so I'm not sure our links can't give bonuses to anyone(though if you're on Red Eclipse and I get 600 Cartel coins because of you, I'll happily mail you back anything from Cartel Market worth about 300 coins, np). @Twani - I think you might be out of the running, too, since you've already used a free subscription week, but I might be mistaken.

(Grrrrr! about Mako/Torian thing. Will investigate this tomorrow and write more about romances).

Got a few bounties tonight. Yay, bounty week rocks!

Okay, I did get the referral bonus, so I promptly created all the leftover characters I wanted to play, just need to build them into the legacy structure.

Twani, thanks for the hint on Maco. I started all my BH and saw her in a preview. She basically channels Imoen. So, I decide to take my chances on the baby Mandalorian.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try to click the referrals anyway, my paranoia was just in terms of re-subscribing.

I dunno if I can manage the LVL 15 for the bounty week... I feel like I am taking a class or something in learning this game!

EDIT: yep, I am in for a link too. I am putting my gal's letters on the fan-fiction.net (after the angst KOTOR2 fic, lol), so far I am up to 5 of them.

Mako, Vette, and what I've seen of the Councilor girl all strike me as 'HELLO I AM YOUR LITTLE SISTER FIGURE WEE' (Vette even lampshades it, specifically telling the female SW she's like an older sister to her). Ashara only escapes it by being too darn crazy ('Hello, Darth Nox! We and your Dark V ways are totally reforming the Sith! Let's ask the Jedi Council to marry us!') to be a little sister figure, and Kira only escapes very very slightly by having a bit more brass then those other girls usually do (that girl's got ambition, I'll give her that). But Bioware seems to love that trope, because far too many of their girls fall in to it. Then again, they seem to like nerdy science guys, too, as well as complete bloodthirsty maniac guys. Yet none of them are romancable. Hm.

Female BH has a better voice, anyway.

No links to fanfiction until I finish it (if I ever finish it). It's more me trying to figure out how I could have two Agents running around doing the same quests after what happens in Act III of the Agent's story. I'd like to see your letters, though, Domi. :)

I still can't get a referral link to work, so meh on it. That's okay. All I need Cartel Coins for is to buy Teek, really, and I'll get her eventually. Hurray, a female who is not romancable. They exist!

About referral links: you have to turn on the option "get e-mail, notifications, etc" from Bioware, from what I know. If that doesn't help, then, yeah, it's probably a support ticket.

I also get the error on the site, but it helped to open other pages, and then return to my account page in a day or two(and CTRL-F5).

It's kinda strange how quick you forget the character once you haven't been travelling with her for a while. I mean, I travelled with Vette all the way to Balmorra, and now after all this time with Quinn and chatting with others, I barely remember what Vette looks like. Same goes for Mako, maybe even Khem and Kaliyo(a little); and I never even travelled with Elara Dorne, nameless Wookie and so many others. I almost wish we were forced to do long quests with other companions, so we don't forget them. Though we kind of have to, if we want the achievement "killed 1000 enemies with X in party", but it's not the same.

(I vote to add Kira to little sisters, because you totally have to save her on Ord Mantell, and she looks up to you, and she's, well, very, very, VERY Imoen-looking. Though she seems to come into her own after Chapter 1).

Because I'm a nasty, nasty person, I found a link to Domi's letters, so here you go: https://www.fanficti...-Dearest-Sister

(so nice! speaking of crystals, I went and bought a mint-green crystal from GTN for my Consular. It's very lovely).

Speaking of Torian, I always imagined my Bounty Hunter to be very young(17-19 maybe), but the voice gives her away - a bit too low. And she calls Torian kid. Hmm. Still, who says she can't be eighteen herself? So there!

Anyway, I read about Mako and Torian(most of these threads with angry girls saying: "What? My best friend and my boyfriend? I'll toss them both out of the airlock!" which is, well, kind of fair(I never liked romances that had an option to romance some other character - feels too much like unfaithfulness)), but I think I'll just not approach Mako until things are well in hand with Torian.

As for romance, yeah, I plan to choose the romances for all of my characters, though I'm still not sure on the Consular - Iresso is just so not her kind of guy, and his default customization doesn't win him any favors, either.

Maybe she'll just stay single together with Tharan.

During the bounty week I always play Vector and my agent for dark bounties, so I got a little reminder of how sweet their pairing and romance is. And then I get my Sith Warrior out for light bounties, and she even got a King Bounty by herself on lvl48! All because of Quinn, I tell you. :D And finally, Trooper for Republic king bounties(with help from friendly 55s). I think kingpin bounties are doable, just 1) very hard; 2) other guys of higher level queue up while you do it, so you naturally almost always get help.

I don't take Jedi Knight/Consular to the Bounty week, either, because, yeah, Jedi don't do that kind of thing. Surprisingly, my Smuggler doesn't either - after all, she's Han Solo in a skirt, so SHE could be one of these bounties. But my evil girls enjoy it, and my trooper thinks it's her duty.

(With Vector and his eyes, I've gone with the option that brought me the most approval result(and coincided with what I wanted) - "guy I love isn't human". I assumed it was what he wanted. Besides, severing the connection to the Hive for too long can kill him, so I am not sure it's great to have sex and think: "Will I die in an hour? In two hours?" That's scary, I really didn't want that for him.)

As for Hunter, I started liking him from the very first meeting, buying drinks and exchanging snarks at Nar Shaddaa. And then suddenly on Hoth he's in full psychopath mode, "Hey! How are you, Hunter?" - "ONOMATOPHOBIA DO AS I SAY!!!" Gosh. But I admit, I panicked on Quesh - hey, I killed everyone, where's Hunter? Oh, there you are. (and, yeah, gonna kill him without any remorse or hesitation. I'm a Darth Jadus girl, I'm a Watcher X girl, I'm definitely a Vector girl, but I'll never be a Hunter girl. Besides, he's a she, so... yeah. NO MORE LIES (poof).)

My letters from Vector and Quinn will disappear in 10 days. I don't want them to! Please, Bioware, don't delete them! Waaah! (cries)

As for Quinn, heh. I love how naturally the romance progresses. He likes my Sith Warrior at first, his admiration is almost childish(when he talks about her achievements on Balmorra), then he's very pleased when she notices and likes how he saved the day("hate to burst your bubble, Jedi"), and then, afterwards, on the ship, he's already in love("you're a wholly unique woman"). I think he's totally in love by Tatooine, and man, did I want to smack that Jedi Master when he referred to Quinn's feelings as bad/inappropriate("a result of self-loathing"). Didn't smack him, because that Jedi Master proved to be a complete jerk on his own(just look what he's done to his apprentice!), so I didn't need to add to that. I don't think any children are possible for the Wrath, though - which is probably a pity. But still my favorite romance.

With Vector, it's kind of fun to see how many jealous options there are in his conversation - an option to be jealous of his ex, Anora(sp?), that girl from another Nest, to be jealous of the Nest itself... But strangely, I used none of them. Vector is very wholesome, very light, very... reliable, I think. Even chars like Lokin and Kaliyo rely on him. And I think my Agent relies on him without hesitation. I never saw any cause for jealousy.

(And Vector CAN be darkside and badass, albeit very rarely. Let's kill them all and give this place to the Killiks! - Sure, I was just about to suggest that...)

Gifts on GTN are WAY overpriced, especially Technology, Weapons, Trophies, Cultural Artifacts - in other words, just what you need. Courting gifts are a dime a dozen, but since I always take my romanced companion with me anyway(which assures 10000 affection), I don't buy them. If I receive them as quest rewards, I just give them to my Jedi Knight for Doc later. But I started doing some Diplomacy rounds for gifts(cheaper, and my Agent needs Dark Side points), and my Sith Inquisitor even has some prototype gift fragments for later use. Heh. I wish there were reusable gifts!

(Ashara is a REAL problem. Her gifts give her ~12 affection, giving her approval via conversations would interfere with my Dark Side Inquisitor's psychosis role-playing, but I do wish to see all her story, dammit!

Really don't know what to do about her).

I think playing Dark Side Agent in class quests is more enjoyable. I have to take light side in most of non-class quests, though, because you get "dark=dumb, light=reasonable" way too often. Not so in Agent class ones, I think - both the light side choice and the dark side choice are equally interesting, and I feel pretty badass when I blackmail people or do something else nasty. Sometimes I don't, though, and go light side just because it feels _right_ to me, even if a DS voice in my head tells me to execute some guy (whistles innnocently)).

Alright, we got out Jedi duo to level 15. I was seriously annoyed that my Counselor did not get an adoring option from the cute Smuggler she so deftly cut up during a cutscene (is it too much to hope for that one of the romances utilizes similar set up with the female PC taking care of her love interest gravely wounded in the little toe?) I mean, my Jedi should look the closest thing to the angel stepped down from heaven to him, and all I get is "thanks, mate..." My hubby gets the whole squad adoring him for his heroic actions... ah, well. At least I am starting to get into the stage when a magic user doesn't need to be endlessly saved by the big tank. In fact I had to dash across half the Black Sun territory with the Deliverance when my hubby got bored and run into one of the Mandalorians. I told him I was re-equipping darn Fess. Good fun.

I forgot to post yesterday, I found your comments on Quinn's baby-hopes hilarious. On one hand, I do adore the medievalish attitude of the males who consider the progeny to be a worthy goal and augmenting their manly manliness thing, on another... What the heck? Does he nurse the dream of the proud parental moment of being slayed by his own issue? Seeing the Sith philo and such?

Anyway, i am home today, but baking, baking and baking for my annual Food Bank sale. Hope to get through the last batch quick enough to get all the baby characters parked in cantinas (so far only the Bao Dur's evil twin of an Inquisitor Blight Dur is through killing worms and enjoying the extended stay in the Academy cantina). Love the voice for the male Inquisitor by the way. So, I ended up with those 2 being the only males, heads of the clan, and the rest - females. If I can manage to catch up Dusk Fell to the good girls today, that would be super. Oh, well, just get the Angel Kisses done, and then a few dozens of to roll and decorate, and I am through.

I think Quinn wishes he were Sith. I mean, I suppose almost everyone in the Empire wishes that, especially Empire patriots, but Quinn practically falls all over himself whenever a Sith is around and can't wait to talk about children. To be fair, if Quinn had been born with the right amount of midclorins or whatever the hell they are (eyeroll), he would have made an excellent Sith. Now, despite his description saying he's not a bootlicker, he's... very, very devoted to the Sith Warrior, be the Sith Warrior female or male, love interest or not, empire-loyal, jedi wanna be, or complete psychopath. With one tiny issue.

I actually don't remember Vector bringing up children (can he even have children?) but Corso was all YAY BABIES and my Smuggler was like... "ahahaha no, dream on, Riggsy". Then again, you could have Risha be their godparent and you'd end up with the cleverest (if bitchy) little brats around (I think my Smuggler would prefer it the other way, though- Risha have babies with some guy who meets her standards, and my Smuggler will be their godparent and teach them the art of joyriding spaceships). On the other hand, the creepiest has to be dark side Jaesa's male romance where she basically is like "I WILL GIVE YOU MY WOMB AND YOU MAY STUFF IT WITH BABIES". Seriously, girl? Seriously? But we all know DS Jaesa lives in her own world of blood and crazy.

I now can't log in to my account at all on SWTOR.com. Which, uh, means i can't cancel my subscription if I so wanted to. This is sort of worrisome. On the other hand, apparently they're giving away an ugly green speeder to every subscriber next month. I already have the collector's edition speeder that I use on all my characters, but hey, free speeders! Finally my kids will have some variety.

Kira is sort little sisterish, I suppose- but... I don't know. I've come to like her when I don't like the Mako/Vette crowd, and seriously, this is a girl who talks about becoming supreme chancellor. With her ambitions, she actually reminds me more of Nalia then Imoen. And Nalia and Imoen look a lot alike, so...

I don't mind a romance interest choosing someone else to love if my character shows no interest in them- I mean, no one should be single forever, waiting on the one chance my character will show them regard. But I have no interest in love triangles. (In BG terms, I don't mind Kelsey or Gavin going after Imoen if I reject them/play male, but I don't want to be fighting with Haer'Dalis over Aerie- if she can't decide, then can just have him, because I'm not going to sit there ever patiently for her to make up her mind.) I don't know. I'm sort of interested in Torian, so I probably wouldn't let a Mako/Torian romance happen. On the other hand, if I ever made a male BH, I can't imagine him with his voice romancing Mako with her voice (I'd feel like a creeper), so I might encourage a Mako/Torian romance just to see what it's like. They're basically both idealistic kids, and I sort of think it could be cute.

I'm not sure any romance could be less my type then Corso (though Doc isn't really my type, either), so I'm actually sort of curious on what Iresso is like. I know next to nothing about him besides his codex entry and his tv tropes entry. My councilor has a long way to go, though, and I'm definitely not playing a Jedi Councilor right after a Jedi Knight- the trooper will go between them, as will perhaps an Empire-side character or two.

(Poor Hunter. I feel bad for 'em. Best opponent my Agent ever had- which, of course, is why he had to go. But I sometimes imagine my Agent now taking on the code name Hunter and bringing chaos to the gallery in his name, as a twisted tribute to the only person who was ever on the same level as her.)

That's one thing I hoped the same-sex added romances would add and they didn't. C'mon, 'male' Hunter's been flirting with you since day one (though he sort of flirts with male Agent's, too). Just because you find out he's, well, not who you thought he was doesn't mean the spark might not still be there, especially since the female Agent already has so much sexual tension with Kaliyo. Let her have the goodbye kiss, too, before killing that one person who almost got the better of her. Bah, Bioware, you make me sad. :(

Yeah, Vector is funny. There's a lot of options to get jealous around Doc with his parade of ex's, and I took some of them, because Doc is... Doc... and you never really get the impression that he's not flirting around (in fact, I get the impression he doesn't like Kira much specifically because she doesn't put up with it). But Vector? Trust him completely. Once he's in to my Agent, he's in to her. There's nothing to be jealous about.

I liked the LS Agent choices, because I often felt like I was doing good for the empire, regardless of what I was specifically told to do- and always my superiors would grudgingly be like "Okay, okay, you solved the problem even better then expected, geez". But I'm looking forward to going DS Agent with little Aanan. I think he's going to try out bounty week with Kaliyo: she'll probably enjoy it. If she isn't on the bounty list herself, anyway...

The male Inquisitor does have a good voice, though I like the female Inquisitor, too ("Murder and Mayhem await!"). Actually, truthfully, I like almost all voices but the male BH (too old sounding for supposedly being a young gun competing in the Great Hunt for the first time) and neither of the Jedi Councilor's impress me too much (the male's puts me to sleep, and the female's is all over the place- sometimes she's really good, sometimes she's entirely too emotional, and sometimes she's as boring as the guy). I really like both Agent's voices, though. They both sound so delightfully Above You And Well Aware Of It.

I'm looking at a foot of snow coming down on me tonight, so I may be losing power for a while. Bah. Trying to work on my own writing, bad fanfiction, modding, and video game playing all at the same time. We'll see how well that works out for me.

It's rather warm in here, though we had snow yesterday. Hope you'll still get electricity, Twani! SWTOR Modding awaits!

And hope your baking went well, Domi. :) 'Tis probably tasty, mmm... (dreams)

It's the third day of the Bounty Week and I've already maxed out my reputation cap (for the week), so now I just pile the reputation trophies to use them next week. Sent a contract as thanks to the person who helped me to do the Coruscant alive bounty(my baby trooper died three times! I should have unlocked the kingpins on my Sentinel instead). Bounty week is fun(AND it gives dark side points), it's just so addictive I can't do anything else. :) Okay, trying the new kingpin Alderaan contract tonight!

I did have time to spend an hour or two on Alderaan with my Jedi Consular, and promptly got three hundred unarmed hostages killed because of me(yay, 150 dark points! 100 more points, and I'm getting my orange eyes) I'm starting to think my Jedi Consular is really a coward ruled by self-preservation: each time she's asked to risk her life, she replies: "What, are you crazy?" And Tharan immediately agrees with +19 affection points, so I think we're a perfect pairing. :)

(I guess she was expecting to be that wise person with books, maybe doing diplomatic stuff from time to time. Not working in the field 24/7!)

Yesterday I wanted to play Bounty Hunter on Taris, but I just wanted to play Jedi Consular on Alderaan more. I think I can "sort" my characters as "interesting/not so interesting" now. (The exception is Sentinel/Mara(Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior) - they are my "mains" and they are VERY easy to play, so I'll still be playing them first to "check out the field" for other characters).

So, my order is:

EMPIRE

1) Agent

2) Inquisitor

3) Bounty hunter

REPUBLIC

1) Jedi Consular

2) Scoundrel

3) Trooper

Voices... I love all the female voices, but Agent's probably my favorite. Ah, Hawke! :D Other voices are great, but they are more of character voices, not my personal voice. Inquisitor's sounds a bit like a cat, though - that's fun. And FemShep's voice got great nostalgic value. Other voices... well, it could be much worse. I thought I'd never get used to my Consular's voice, but I did in the end.

I'm definitely not a children person, but I kind of like how every romance concludes with a marriage proposal - that's good. I think Andronicus' proposal was the best. ("No ring, no wedding!" - "Don't ask me how I got it") Then again, you ARE kind of the big deal, with lots of people in the galaxy wanting to woo your character, so they(your romance interest) would be fools not to propose. I do believe that my romance interests propose because they love my character, though. Vecror, Quinn, Andronicus, and then Aric, Corso, Torian, Doc(still not sure about Iresso. I know his character's secret, but, alas, it's a very boring one).

My own favorite game romance ever(not counting the mods) is Garrus. Garrus, Garrus, Garrus. One of these days I'll play Mass Effect again. (Anders from Dragon Age 2 deserves a special mention, too).

Now, despite his description saying he's not a bootlicker, he's... very, very devoted to the Sith Warrior, be the Sith Warrior female or male, love interest or not, empire-loyal, jedi wanna be, or complete psychopath. With one tiny issue.

A reeeeeeally tiny one. Nothing to talk about.

Quinn certainly wishes he were a Sith. As does Talos, and, well, mostly everyone in the Empire. ("Yeah, sucks to be you", says my Inquisitor smugly). I think Quinn's pretty light side, so with a light Side Sith warrior as his wife, and Light Jaesa as the child's guardian and teacher(Jaesa specifically says she's all for it) they have all the chances to raise Light Sith children(and Warrior/Jaesa can very well prepare them for Korriban).

I saw Dark Jaesa's romance, and I must say, I was jealous - looks like a perfect Sith dark romance(we girls get Malavai, who's perfect, but no dark jedi-jedi romance. Then again, there's no light jedi-jedi romance, either - I haven't seen Nadia yet, but she's a Padawan, it's not the same. Though there's Kira for boys, we girls don't get much Force action. :) ).

I think I agree about Kira - she's more like Nalia than Imoen now after Act 1. She comes close to being pretty dark, though - saying that some people deserve death, and going for power(okay, better her than Governor Suresh, but I'm afraid she'll become a Darth Kira in no time).

And yay, a new speeder next month! Just around a double XP weekend! (By the way, Domi, huge thanks for your speeder, because it's 110% speed and excellent protection - my lower level characters now move faster, and strangely, Sand People don't knock them off the speeder anymore, like they did with my New Year/snowflake speeder).

Bought a power crystal from GTN(Cartel Market one) yesterday. Turns out my damage dealers and healers benefit from Power more than from Endurance(though it's maybe not true for low-level chars - 410hp is a lot. Alas, power crystals are more expensive than endurance ones - it's 500000, but I felt it was kind of necessary, so I went and spent it).

Speaking about new companions: I'm going to unlock HK-51 myself when I reach high levels, but what about Treek? I read she's either available at legacy level 40(1000000 credits + 700 for a collections unlock) or through 2100 Cartel Coins and 700 Cartel Coins for a collections unlock to unlock her for all characters. I've got Legacy Level 20 now, so it's a loooooooooong way off. Um, is it worth 2100(2800) coins? I've got the coins, I'm just wondering - a good healer + tank would be nice, I just don't know if she's interesting enough.

EDIT: Treek's contracts probably should be available on Galactic Trade Network, both Legacy and Cartel Coins(careful not to mix these up). Will check it out tonight.

And a newbie question: many guides and forum posts use "LOS" = Line of Sight. What does it mean? Especially when used as a verb, i.e. "group members can LOS (line of sight) the crates on the nearby pillars." It's used quite often, so I'm not sure what is meant by that expression.

No idea about LOS. Argh, work computer can't paragraph!!!! Anyway, I parked all the baby characters in the Cantinas, and had my hands free to start pulling Dusk Fell, the Agent out of the stupid area with no rapid transit. Hoped to get her to Lvl 15 so she could use the speeder, but no such luck yet. They did a great job on Lord Jaduth. Now, let's see, whom would I prefer to please, my boring superior officer or a charismatic and enigmatic Sith Lord? Getting some "I am dark, not stupid," points, and kindda starting to get a hang on the gals personality. It will not hold if Vector is all that and wants his girl sweet. Kindda hit and miss with Kaliyo, sometimes taking hits with her. Wish the characters indicated at the more confusing points what will please them. The LS/DS stars are cheesy, but darn helpful insight into BioWARE's convoluted logic!

Since there are no paragraphing for me, I am just going to double-post to avoid the wall of text Obsidian-style. I am actually annoyed by you gals saying it all gets to a proposal. I am a sucker for a on-the-road romances with high passions not targeting the quiet life afterwards. I wish some where like that. I am still laughing my head off about Sith baby-making plans, dunno why. I just find it ultimately hilarious, but that's me, a mom of a 7 yo who told me that despite starting a more age-appropriate game (Wizard 101 or something, that she thankfully can actually operate without mom doing more involved quests) she had scheduled time for Atton (Saturday, apparently). I am kindda keeping fingers crossed that Vector is Mical with better char dev (dunno why, but I am having those modder pangs about Mical not getting a fair treatment). I am going to play more with Riggs after I get Dusk Fell on a speeder to pull Tishujen to 15th level as well. The shared game goes very fast, we basically need to finish off the Black Sun, and get into the Justicair territory. I am annoyed that my husband now has Kira and the droid, and I am still stuck with Fess (FOREVER). I like Riggs custom 2 I have on him right now (has a John Snow vibe), but I am still pining for getting the 7th one, if I ever manage to figure out where the heck the customization vendors are. Argh. I am also looking forward to the challenge of letters that match a character voice and are under 100 words long.

Now, let's see, whom would I prefer to please, my boring superior officer or a charismatic and enigmatic Sith Lord?

(jumps up and down in excitement :D )

Nonononono, you don't have to say yes to the proposal. You can say no, and from what I see, some chars get a bit disappointed, some are actually a bit relieved, and your relationship is still okay and romantic(and it's the last-but-one dialogue anyway).

EDIT: Also, quiet life? For Inquisitor/Agent/Bounty Hunter/Sith Warrior? MYAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hold on, you'll get to Nar Shaddaa and Tharan is cute! And he's got Holiday! And you can use your husband's T7 in the meantime.

I think there're lots of character customizations on Belsavis, but it's a loooooooooooooooong way away. If there're other vendors, I'll be interested to hear about them, too!

(okay, going home. yay, more gaming!)

Line of Sight is basically your ability to see the mob and it's ability to see you. So let's say you're fighting a mob that has a charge up ability. I was just on Hoth with my Jedi and my Inquisitor, so what comes to mind are the White Maw Pirate Captains and their 'terminate' ability, which will knock half the health off a Sentinel. Usually, the correct response to those charge up abilities is 'interrupt', but let's say their jerkass cheaters who have more 'terminates' then you have interrupts (which is actually the case). If you manage to back away and hide behind a pillar, their 'line of sight' to you will fail. That means his terminate is wasted, as he can't see you to use the ability on: he'll activate it, but do no damage.

Another example comes from either Taral V or X or whatever it was or the Maelstorm Prison. You fight an Imperial General who 'charges his cybernetic eye'. When he has that buff on him, he does triple damage or something ridiculous. The best thing to do when he has that buff up is run in circles around the stacks of crates, always keeping crates between you and him. As long as he doesn't get a direct line of sight on you, you can run around in circles around those crates and not take any damage from his abilities, as he has to pause to activate them.

As more spoilery example:

Remember back when you made a deal with Darth Jadus? Well, me and Vector decided to tear him a new one, instead. There are four pillars in that room. Whenever Jadus started using one of his charge up attacks, I would immediately go and hide behind the pillar. That way, he was forced to target Vector with his ability, not me, as he couldn't see me. And then I could just heal Vector. That's the only way I made it through that fight: I was a bit low level for it, and he was tough.

Basically, you need LOS to do damage, and the mob needs LOS to you to do damage. In some cases, the best thing to do is get out of LOS by using crates/pillars if the mob is using a charging attack that will do a lot of damage/incapacitate you and you can't for some reason interrupt it.

Snow dumped around a foot on me, and it's said we'll have another foot on the ground tomorrow morning. And I have no bread or eggs, alas. But I do have meat and alcohol, so I think I'll get by. >.>

I adore the Garrus romance, too. He reminds me a bit of Aric, but Aric's a bit more serious. Was fond of Anders and Fenris, too, though, although as I was generally MAGES YAYYY tease Carver FOREVERRRR, Anders often fit me better. (I actually liked both female romance interests too, though, which is rare- usually Bioware's girls make me twitch a bit, but Isabella was just fun and confident and totally BFF material and Merill was adorable crazy, and I sort of like adorable crazy.) There aren't many female characters in SWTOR I'm too interested in romancing... Kaliyo, Dark Jaesa (who just seems like she'd be fun in a 'this relationship is fantastically unhealthy and ridiculous'), Risha (who is my bitchy best friend), and maybe Ashara (who seems like she might be her own variety of adorable crazy). For Ashara, as my Lord Aavi will never get affection with her (12 affection gifts, hmph), I made a little Twi'lik boy Inquisitor who's now hanging around the cantina. (Thinking about making a male DS Warrior to romance Jaesa, but I'm not sure the Smuggler was interesting enough for me to do it again.)

Thoughts: my female Inquisitor is totally DS, and he'll be totally LS. Yet I think he'll avenge himself on Harkin when the time comes for it, as Harkin just went too far and pushed too many buttons, while my female Inquisitor soon-to-be-Darth-Nox will let him live. 'He taught me well,' she'll think, 'and in truth, I harm him more by being alive and being the most powerful Darth in existence then I could ever torture him dead.' I can't wait to steal Xalek from him, though. Who's going to be my little crazy Kalesh? Who's going to be my little crazy Kalesh! You, yes, you are! /like a person talking to their cat

Besides Belsavis and the fleets, you can also get character customizations on Taris, Balmora, and Ilum (I hate Illum- there's this elite mob near the end of the quest line, and even at 52, my Agent just can't beat him- tried him with Lokin, Vector, and Scorpio multiple times, and each time I end up dead, grr). I tend to use the default customizations save for with droids, though I'm really tempted to change Doc- just not in to guys with facial hair, sorry world. Unfortunately, the only customization that takes away his facial hair gives him this weird facial tattoo. While I don't mind tattooed guys, I don't think it fits Doc.

Kuylok's way of playing a Jedi Councilor sounds far more fun then my "Yes I obey all LS commands and love the LS wee!" way. Hm. Maybe I better get that DS Trooper out in to the wilds. For the Republic! Just not democracy!

Aanan and my Trooper played a bit with the bounty hunting. (I tried making the jumps to go meet the Cartel Sniper, but couldn't quite make them. I am so bad at the jumping game. I like hunting down datacrons, but I suck at jumping to get them.) Aanan and Kaliyo had more fun with, though I admit I was a bit confused when the questgiver told me I was hunting an Evoci and I ended up beating up a Twi'lik. Then I figured the Evocii must be the Kingpin bounty for Hutta. While I was on Hutta, I also decided to complete all the heroic quests for the achivement, and grab my blue matrix datacron in the heroic area. This amusingly led to me deciding Aanan MUST CLEAN THE WATER FOR DS POINTS YAYYY ("Murder!", a twi'lik shrieks at me), leading me to tell the questgiver that it was the most entertaining bloodbath involving water cleansing he had ever been a part in. Even more amusing, that was my last heroic quest on Hutta, which led to the achievement kicking in naming me the Hero of Hutta- after I've just destroyed the Evocii's spirit and hopes of standing up to the Hutts and gotten the Heartless title and after I've just caused the murder of countless settlers. Truly, the Hero of Hutta. They're probably building voodoo dolls out of him.

Yeah, Andry gets all sad if you turn down his proposal, sadly. I watched a video of it and felt bad for him. Andry's sort of hard for me to wrap my head around my Sith Inquisitor marrying- he's a non force-sensitive pirate, she's a Lord who's steadily on the track for Darth-hood- but I'll probably go along with it anyway. I'm not sure she really loves him, but she wants children she can torment and drive crazy and eventually set on the path to world domination!

On the other hand, I regret having accepted the marriage with my Smuggler to Corso. Corso would have been disappointed, but he would have gotten over it, and I'm not sure my smuggler is really ready to truly settle down. As she says earlier to Baodwarr Dumb Wookie Name, "Life debt? That sounds like slavery. Or worse, marriage. No thanks." Maybe once the galaxy is at peace again, she might be willing to settle down and see if her children turn out blue or human, but right now? The galaxy still needs the best damn Chiss Smuggler who's ever Smuggled.

Oh, other stupid moments of my Chiss siblings: my Jedi Knight, on Hoth. "Chiss? Those freaky blue aliens?" YOU'RE CHISS, YOU IDIOT. Then, Republic Official jerkass: "It's just as well. I don't think the troops would like having a Chiss around base." WELL SEE IF I EVER HELP YOUR STUPID BASE AGAIN, YOU RACIST NUMBSTICK. I hope the Talz eat you. I hope the Talz eat everyone.

(On those other side, those little elephant people on Hoth are adorable. Don't remember their name, but they're so cute!)

Speaking of Dark and Kira...

I'm pretty sure she approves of a DS choice on Hoth- a complete ambush of Imperial Troops who have been nothing but helpful to you so far. Whenever I so much hinting they may betray me, she was dancing in points. On the other hand, T7 gave me 70 some approval when I said "No, we're not going to ambush people who have been helping us", and I try to always please my adorable droid. Get him a lightsaber upgrade!

I know I will never get the money needed to unlock Treek via Legacy (and leagacy level 40 is pretty far away- I'm like 22), so I'm probably going to Cartel Coin her. I'm just deciding who could use her the most. She's a healer companion (who can tank, but tanks are a dime a dozen), so obviously she doesn't make sense for my BH or either of my operatives, or even my Trooper. My Juggy has Quinn. My new Inquisitor is going Shadow and healing route, as I actually do like playing healers. My smuggler certainly could have used him, but now her and Guss are BFF's. My Inquisitor is about to get Talos. Maybe my new Sith Warrior, as he'll probably not be using Quinn as much as I'll have already seen all his comments with my Jugg? Hm. Then again, maybe Aa'lynne will get her just because Aa'lynne is the Legacy Head and controls everything in my Legacy (which is what my fanfiction is about, really: her spying on other characters and trying to influence them).

I don't really get all the fuss about HK, myself, but... T7 is just too adorable for me not to love. He clearly things my Jedi is the best and greatest person in the world, and considering everyone else snarks at her, it's a nice change.

(Amusing: my uncle used to play this game, and I'm trying to get him to come back and play with me again- he has four level 50's, though they're two troopers and two Jedi Knights (...he liked trying both classes). He likes to call Jedi Companion 4 'Sergeant Psychopath', and Jedi Companion 5 is 'Lord Evil'. He really liked both the Kira and Elena romance, specifically Elana's, but said Vette was ridiculously annoying and as he went LS with his SW, that left him no romance options. So there's some guy opinions for you.)

Now I need to go read Domi's fanfiction. :3 :D

Okay, first, Domi: I loved your letters. So sweet! I like both of your characters very much. And good warnings on that strange Corso guy... he's a strange one.

Working on my fanfiction, I started sketching out the basics of all my characters (so far, I still have one slot left- no idea who will go there, maybe another smuggler). I, er, thought I'd post this here: this is information on all my characters, and their basic personalities. As I understand reading about other people's characters isn't the most interesting thing alive (and I'm also double posting), I'm putting this stuff in a spoiler block, but there's nothing really too spoiler about it (nothing beyond the prologues): I'm trying very hard to step around spoilers for Agent's act III, which is the only thing I'd be tempted to spoiler. So, um, anyone could read this if they wanted to. If they're insane.

First, my legacy: last name Leedal. Leedal is the name of an Air Aspected Dragon-Blooded House in the Exalted pen and paper RPG, which is one of my true loves. I just thought it was amusing to use it for my characters, and amusing is as amusing does, I guess. It's not very 'Chiss', but all my characters names start with double aa's and aren't Star Warsy anyway, so what the big deal.

Aa'lynne, Agent/Op 52. She's the unquestioned 'leader' of the legacy, and the oldest of the four Chiss siblings (I bought the apperance pack, and I'm tempted to give them all purple/pink hair- even Aanan). Despite generally choosing neutral reactions throughout her journies, she still ended up Light III (a part of that likely because of Vector's influence), and Keeper always warned her about idealism. Aa'lynne is no longer an idealist, though: she's a pure realist. She's also, unfortunately, an utter control freak. All three of her younger siblings (and many of the others in the Legacy) ship's are bugged by her, and she remains forever watching and interfering. What she doesn't do much anymore is act: she considers herself a ghost, Empire-loyal but now forever removed from the Empire she has to protect from the shadows. She loves Vector, and considers Temple her protege, and even cares for Kaliyo, Lokin, and even Scorpio- but she'll sacrifice all of them for the Empire if she felt she had a need. She's a very pragmatic light. She's considered to have 'completed' all but Makeb in my fanfiction, but because I have two Agents, I switched things around. To be non-spoilery, Act I agent is about fighting terrorists, Act II agent is about going undercover, and Act III agent is about fighting a conspiracy. Aa'lynne had a completely different Act I (she was on Hutta to help start the Gang War, for instance, and she was on Alderran weeding out some undesirables in House Thul's allied Houses when she met Vector), did some undercoverness in Act II but most of it is going to Aanan, but Act III was her and her alone: she was the one who dealt with Hunter and the crazy.

Aamiie (Smuggler/Gunslinger, 48) is the second oldest of the Chiss siblings, and is an irrelevent do-gooder with tendency towards snark. As a non-force sensitive, she was put in to the Imperial Military at age of majority, and she absolutely hated it. Aa'lynne got her out of it and brought her a ship, and Aamiie then flourished. Unfortunately for Aa'lynne, she flourished putting her talents to use for the Republic, not for the Empire. Aamiie is relatively loyal to the Republic- she doesn't think they're the greatest thing ever, but she works for them and thinks they're far better then the Empire and she supports them and is technically on their payroll these days- and probably the most level-headed of the group. She holds great affection for her crew, and if I do male my last slot of a smuggler, he'll probably be her little protege. Currently, Aamiie's problems are domestic: having defeated her mortal enemy, she now finds herself trapped in a marriage she agreed to on whim but is in no way emotionally ready for. It's not that she doesn't love Corso- she does, in a way- it's that she's terrified of commitment and his talk of children and futures and things that don't fit in to snarking and joyriding her way across the galaxy.

Aaliah (Jedi Knight, Sentinel, 41) is the only one of the four siblings born force sensitive- rare for a Chiss. Aa'lynne, upon discovering this, said 'no way in hell is any of my siblings going to go with Sith training and possibly be weeded out and killed', and basically smuggled her to Corosaunt and then to Tython. In return, Aamiie and Aanan both think she's dead. She's still in contact with Aa'lynne, though, and often goes to her elder sister with the slightest problem (every other day, Aa'lynne gets holocalls of 'DOC FLIRTED WITH ME AGAIN WHAT DO I DO HELPPPPP'). She is aware of Aamiie and Aanan, though not of Aanan's current job, and she thinks Aa'lynne is just your average Imperial Citizen rather then an Intelligence Agent- someone she needs to eventually save and rescue. Currently, events in her life at the end of Act II have put her full of conflict, and Doc is not helping at all. She's a bit naive and selfish, at times, but she generally means the best.

Aanan (Agent, Operative, 20) actually joined Imperial Intelligence out of admiration for his eldest sister, although Aa'lynne refuses to acknowledge that and considers his decision a mistake (she wished he'd just serve in the military, maybe become a Grand Moff, stay out of trouble...). He's demeanor is more like Aamiie, though: he projects an aura of casual irrelevance and friendly distance from the world. The truth? He's the family idealist. He just believes that the Sith are truly protectors of Imperial Society, and great- oh so great. Fantastic, really. He's fanatically loyal to the Empire- perhaps even more then Aa'lynne- and he and Aamiie are no longer on speaking terms, despite being close as children. Despite an idealistic nature, he doesn't trust easy, and tends to keep most people at a distance. Aa'lynne is currently sort of sneaking her crew to him, in order to support him as he goes on dangerous terrorist fighting missions.

Aalis (Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, like 11 or 12 or something) is Aanan's only real friend- Aa'lynne and Aamiie have been calling her Aanan's girlfriend for years, although that's not official (in truth, they experimented as teenagers, basically looked at each other and said 'that's sex?' and decided they were better off as friends). She's actually republic born, and just a few years older then Aanan. She enlisted in Republic military as soon as they would let her, but found herself outcast: her superiors loved her for following orders, but all she ever seemed to do was follow orders, and her fellow troopers whispered 'sociopath'. She deserted, and found herself instead trying the path of a Bounty Hunter, trying to prove her way in to the Great Hunt. She is perhaps slightly sociopathic: orders, she knows what to do with, people, not so much, but she's not totally on the spectrum: she can feel true emotions and bond to people, although currently Aanan is the only one she really cares for. She's unsure of what to think about this Mako kid who's tagging along with her now... (For being so close to Aanan, she's basically been 'adopted' in to the Leedal household, and uses the Leedal name.)

Aalli (Trooper, Commando, 15) is Aalis's twin sister, though they don't talk (and don't look anything alike, as one is an Imperial Zabrak and one is a Republic Zabrak :)) Aalli entered the military when Aalis did, but unlike her sister, she was a stand out and a legend in her own ways: she was quickly promoted to Special Forces even at her young age and sent to Ord Mantell. Aalli is a Republic loyalist to the core, and nothing stands in the way of her vision of the Republic and Republic victory. Because her sister 'defected' (a BH doesn't technically work for the Empire, but Aalli sees the desertion as a betrayal enough), Aalli feels she needs to prove herself twice as hard, and has no quarters for betrayers and people who turn their back on the Republic. This makes her very easy to manipulate in to hunting traitors by General Garza... (She does not use the Leedal name, though Aaliah might be interested in her when they finally meet.)

Where things get confusing: Aa'lynne ran in to a completely crazy Sith Inquisitor on the streets of DK one day, and decided she needed an eye in the Sith. So she (with some help with Temple) found a force-sensitive twilek slave and made sure he was sent for training. That is Aathan (Just an Inquisy, though he'll go Sorc, like, level 4 or something), who is technically the 'adopted' child of her and Vector (who was all for helping an alien slave, not quite aware what his wife was planning). Though, uh, it hasn't happened yet, he will eventually go on to become Lord Zash's apprentice. So far, he's humble, desperately out of his league, enjoying freedom very much, and usually sarcastic as a defense measure. (He does use the Leedal name, as he was legally adopted.)

Unfortunately, he's not the only apprentice to Lord Zash.

Lord Aavi (Inquisitor, Assassin, 38 or something), is completely bug-freakin insane (and the character who I do 'DS = automatic push' with). She is also unfortunately, very, very powerful. Lord Zash had a vision of an apprentice, but wasn't sure which of them was the correct one, so she took both. Aavi, unfortunately for Aathan, was the right one. Right now, as Lord Zash isn't the most careful Master with her apprentices, Aathan's sort of in the 'care' of Aavi. They travel on the same ship, and do the missions for their Master together or seperate: depends on what I think is the most interesting goal (if DS has a more fun solution, Aavi did it, if LS had a more fun solution, Aathan did it). Aavi is the reason Aa'lynne was so intent on getting a spy in the Sith Order, because if she is the future of the Sith, the Empire will crumble. Aavi does not care a whit about that, though. Aavi's primary concern is always herself, with her boyfriend and her dear morose monster getting tiny tinges of curosity at times, but probably never true love or care. Aavi is, um, actually pretty one dimentional, but look, pieces always need villians and DS on an Inquisitor is so much fun. (Needless to say, she doesn't use the Leedal name.)

Lord Aavi has a rival, though, and that rival is someone Aa'lynne has taken an interest in. Aashleen (SW/Juggernaut, 25) is one of those rare examples of an honorable Sith: she can be cruel, she can be difficult, she can be bloodthirsty, but above all she is honorable and she takes her duty very seriously. Aa'lynne has her bugged and identified for future purposes: she occasionally offers herself as an ally, hoping Aashleen will one day become much more powerful and remember those who helped her along the way. Unfortunately, at this point in time, Aashleen is extremely loyal to the Sith and her Master Darth Baras, and is somewhat wary of Imperial Intelligence. She has, rather surprisingly to me, a philosophy similiar to Qyezen Fess: there are strong and weak. SHe is strong, most other people are weak. That does not mean the weak don't deserve protection, though, and she looks after them (them including Vette, a little sister figure, and Quinn, her sort of prospective boyfriend at this point) and protects them the best that she can. She has strangely been 'adopted' of sorts in to the Leedal clan, though she herself is suspicious of it and only uses the name when it's of use for her.

Unforthately for her, Darth Baras didn't really want 'honorable' on his list of potential students, and thus Aaspin (my ugliest character ever) (Sith Warrior/Maruader/like, 11 or something), fresh out of the Academy, has been raised. In all honestly, his whole purpose of existance is 'romance dark Jaesa', so he's not really that well developed yet. More unfortunately for Darth Baras, while he is admitedly far darker in temperment then Aashleen, he has his own code of honor as well, paticularly when it comes to other Sith and even Jedi (Force Users in general, really). But he eagerly awaits his time to kill his Master's more senior apprentice and take her place... (Obviously not using the Leedal name.)

And then there's Aaline. Councilor, level 1. Not much to say about her yet, but Aaliah will soon take an interest in her and draw her in to this crazy family plot of doom and disaster.. as for now, though, Aaline is sweet, innocent, and has a weakness for one thing- knowledge. Even if that knowledge is the darkest of dark.

Hm, I talk a lot. That's why people shouldn't babble about their own characters: they go on for ever. ;)

I'm still writing and playing around with fanfiction, but... it's probably going to spoil Agent finale. So, um, everyone play Agents. Agents are the best!

Archived