SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Hello,

I'm doing a BG2:EE play through with beta 13 installed through BWS, with IR, RR and SCS. I had some observations. I see there is a more recent beta, but I'm unsure about updating mid play through and I don't see this stuff mentioned in the notes. (Although I didn't read the whole thread, it'll be faster to just type this out and perhaps it will be useful to you anyway.)

• The fire shield line of spells can proc from damage taken from another fire shield. I'm not actually sure whether this was always the case, but it doesn't seem right to me that I can cast acid sheath on myself, and then hit an immune enemy wizard who has an active fire shield with a melee attack and deal acid damage to them. This has a particular problem related to IR, the shield saving grace will deal magic damage to a Lich when you hit their fire shield and this makes those fights much easier.
  • The acid sheath spell appears in the level up spell list at level 5 twice.
  • In my game Imoen has somehow managed to learn acid sheath as a level 4 spell. (Don't remember when this happened.)
  • I found a Monster Summoning 8 scroll with no spell description
  • The banishment spell appeared to have no effect on the basilisks summoned from MS 9
  • The spell deflection line of spells do not appear to block the ice storm spell.
  • The Magic Fang spell appears to have no effect.
  • The firestorm protection radius around the caster seems smaller than the listed 10 feet to me, and doesn't apply at all to the spells first damage instance.
  • Improved Haste is now a mass haste in my game, counter to the +2 apr description in the V4 changes thread. Has this been updated in the latest beta? I was looking forward to this change, it's such a good idea I nearly stood up and cheered when I read it.
  • A priest of helm who casts holy power and then the seeking sword innate will have 2 apr, when the sword should give them three.
  • Detect Illusion seems to be blocked by GoI/MGoI, whereas Invisibility Purge is not. Could be intended? It's quite an advantage to the later spell.
  • Spell Deflection blocks allied healing spells. Could be intended/always worked that way? (It's been a while since I played this game and I never used those spells lol. The NWN style deflection is cool btw.)
  • It's hard to be sure about this one but it seems like the deafness affliction is stopping enemies from casting altogether, at least in some instances. Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it's an AI issue? It's making the holy word spell a bit of a win button.

Welcome on G3 :) and thanks for the feedback! ;)

The fire shield line of spells can proc from damage taken from another fire shield. I'm not actually sure whether this was always the case, but it doesn't seem right to me that I can cast acid sheath on myself, and then hit an immune enemy wizard who has an active fire shield with a melee attack and deal acid damage to them. This has a particular problem related to IR, the shield saving grace will deal magic damage to a Lich when you hit their fire shield and this makes those fights much easier.

It has always been like this and I'm not sure I can block it. If I do, then a creature under a fire shield-like spell would be immune to enemy shields as well, letting him attack them without fear of retaliation.

The acid sheath spell appears in the level up spell list at level 5 twice.

In my game Imoen has somehow managed to learn acid sheath as a level 4 spell. (Don't remember when this happened.)

I can't reproduce the first issue :undecided: while I can guess the second one might be caused by Spellhold Imoen cre getting FS (blue) by default, I'll check it.

The Magic Fang spell appears to have no effect.

The Firestorm protection radius around the caster seems smaller than the listed 10 feet to me, and doesn't apply at all to the spells first damage instance.

Are you sure? I'm sure plenty of testers used them just fine.

Improved Haste is now a mass haste in my game, counter to the +2 apr description in the V4 changes thread. Has this been updated in the latest beta? I was looking forward to this change, it's such a good idea I nearly stood up and cheered when I read it.

Yeah we still haven't decided which of the two solutions is best. Do you prefer the +2 apr to single target version?

Detect Illusion seems to be blocked by GoI/MGoI, whereas Invisibility Purge is not. Could be intended? It's quite an advantage to the later spell.

It's not fully intentional. I should probably make IP not bypass (M)GoI because it's supposed to affect the enemy rather than the caster like mage's Detect/See Invisibility.

Spell Deflection blocks allied healing spells. Could be intended/always worked that way? (It's been a while since I played this game and I never used those spells lol. The NWN style deflection is cool btw.)

Afaik I cannot do anything about this.

It's hard to be sure about this one but it seems like the deafness affliction is stopping enemies from casting altogether, at least in some instances. Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it's an AI issue? It's making the holy word spell a bit of a win button.

That might be because of SCS script checks (no cast if failure is 50% or higher). For this very reason I had to change KR's Wizard Slayer attack because its 50% spell failure was actually working as a 100%.

I found a Monster Summoning 8 scroll with no spell description

The banishment spell appeared to have no effect on the basilisks summoned from MS 9

The spell deflection line of spells do not appear to block the ice storm spell.

Fixed.

I'm probably changing MSIX anyway...

I'll check and fix if necessary.

I prefer Improved Haste to be a mass spell. It's more convenient, so to speak.

Bugs issue:

Detect Alignment can be picked as a starting lvl 1 spell, its description states it's lvl 2 spell - not sure which one is wrong

Jaheira starts with vanilla druid spells (including bless, cure light wounds) rather than SR's.

Divine casters have two more lvl 1 slots (Jaheira has 5 instead of 3) - is it a bug or a planned change?

Edited by Hoverdawg

It has been reported that SR is modifying some spells from The Grey Clan mod in a problematic manner:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-187?do=findComment&comment=592557

The only thing I did with these spells is made them act properly when "NWN style deflection" is installed.

Why these act different from 100+ other spells I included in that code is beyond me.

Anyhow, I've removed all code tweaking spells from mods of unknown origin, all megamods and similar; I don't know why I bothered with this in the first place. Replace the file in SR/components with this one.

It has been reported that SR is modifying some spells from The Grey Clan mod in a problematic manner:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-187?do=findComment&comment=592557

The only thing I did with these spells is made them act properly when "NWN style deflection" is installed.

Why these act different from 100+ other spells I included in that code is beyond me.

Anyhow, I've removed all code tweaking spells from mods of unknown origin, all megamods and similar; I don't know why I bothered with this in the first place. Replace the file in SR/components with this one.

I've incorporated this hotfix into the BWP Fixpack.

I have a irritating issue with Keldorn's sprite. It might not be related to SRs, since I have a lot of mods.

However, it has started when Unseeing Eye put Keldorn in maze and I used freedom on him.

Now his sprite is often showing an animation as in the screenshot below.

Is it possible to switch it off?

post-8679-0-07169100-1485027855_thumb.jpg

I have a irritating issue with Keldorn's sprite. It might not be related to SRs, since I have a lot of mods.

However, it has started when Unseeing Eye put Keldorn in maze and I used freedom on him.

This bug is still here? Lol...

Yea, it's possible via Shadowkeeper.

This bug is still here? Lol...

Yea, it's possible via Shadowkeeper.

Yeah, that was my first thought.

But what should I change exactly?

Open up save game, edit Keldorn, probably under "effects" tab. The thing you're looking for is something along "play visual effect" line or similar, probably one of the last effects listed there. Once you find it, delete it.

Open up save game, edit Keldorn, probably under "effects" tab. The thing you're looking for is something along "play visual effect" line or similar, probably one of the last effects listed there. Once you find it, delete it.

Yep, it was imprisonment effect.

Looks like it's gone.

Thx @kreso

I've identified the problem.

Look at the spell names from Grey Clan:

BW05SP04.spl

BW05SP11.spl

etc.

Look vanilla spell names

sppr304.spl

spwi305.spl

Deflection code creates a copy of the spell and names it /spellname+*D*/. Add one letter extra to Grey Clan spells and count them (BW05SP04D). Game cannot read the new spells, uses the original spell instead of a sub-spell and creates a perpetuum mobile looping effect which melts down Infinity engine. :D

Look at all the pretty colours:

non_zpsich7lsky.jpg

Fixed by renaming the spell:

fix_zps3w2yijnb.jpg