Unearthed Arcana presents Scales of Balance: a post-hac tweak pack

The component
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO - Saving Throw Overhaul: v5.40

seems to mess up with the wand of summoning, by making it so that I always roll a save vs breath when using it.
If it succeeds, no monsters get summoned.
If it fails, monsters get summoned.

Edited by Morgoth

While I love YARAS, I think that enabling spellcasting in all armour (with speed penalties) devalues the "caster armours" too much. Would it be possible to make that optional, please?

Reread the readme: I assume that d5_YARAS_default is meant, instead of /Scales_of_Balance/ini/YARAS_default.ini? I don't see a YARAS_default.ini my zip?

I assume that you can opt to allow increasing enhancement bonuses to allow for a smaller Dex penalty by repeating the below block and adjusting it to

"PATCH_IF (%enchantment% >= 2) and then further decreasing, etc?

PATCH_IF (%enchantment% >= 1) BEGIN
          SET leather_dex =        0
          SET studded_dex =        1
          SET chain_dex =         2
          SET splint_dex =         3
          SET plate_dex =         4
          SET fullplate_dex =     4
        END

So if I added below this

PATCH_IF (%enchantment% >= 2) BEGIN
          SET leather_dex =        0
          SET studded_dex =       0
          SET chain_dex =         1
          SET splint_dex =         2
          SET plate_dex =         3
          SET fullplate_dex =     3
        END

+2 Fullplate would only reduce DEX by 3?

Edited by GawainBS
7 hours ago, Morgoth said:

The component
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO - Saving Throw Overhaul: v5.40

seems to mess up with the wand of summoning, by making it so that I always roll a save vs breath when using it.
If it succeeds, no monsters get summoned.
If it fails, monsters get summoned.

Checking the code ... aha.

Spoiler
//CHANGE WANDS_______________________________________________________________________
//
ACTION_IF !(MOD_IS_INSTALLED "item_rev.tp2" "0") BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_SIZE%~ > ~0x71~) BEGIN
	READ_SHORT 0x1c type
	PATCH_IF (type = 35) BEGIN
	  LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 savingthrow = 2 END

This component changes all effects from all wands to require a save - specifically, a breath save.

Later code in the component changes some wands to require different save types, or to have the "save for half" effect. The wand of monster summoning doesn't get touched again. But of course, summoning shouldn't require a save, especially since it "targets" the summoner.

8 hours ago, Morgoth said:

The component

Thanks for pointing this out, I see whete the error is. (And it’s totally crazy, I don’t know why that line is there… I can only guess it was used for testing and I neglected to delete it…)

7 hours ago, GawainBS said:

While I love YARAS, I think that enabling spellcasting in all armour (with speed penalties) devalues the "caster armours" too much. Would it be possible to make that optional, please?

Everything is adjustable. You can leave spellcasting alone, completely disabled, and only mess with DR and DEX and weapon speed, or whatever. 

37 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Everything is adjustable. You can leave spellcasting alone, completely disabled, and only mess with DR and DEX and weapon speed, or whatever. 

Is this done within the ini? Are there any noticeable differences between YARAS and the armor update found in Item Revisions?

15 hours ago, GawainBS said:

Thanks, found it. Does it matter that the file starts with d5? I got two YARAS ini files, both starting with d5 in the name. The readme says that there should be one without.

Grab any copy of that file, edit it to suit your preferences, name it “d5_yaras.ini” and save it. If you put a copy of that in your override folder before installing the mod, then SoB will defer to your chosen settings. 

19 hours ago, jmerry said:

Checking the code ... aha.

Reveal hidden contents
//CHANGE WANDS_______________________________________________________________________
//
ACTION_IF !(MOD_IS_INSTALLED "item_rev.tp2" "0") BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF (~%SOURCE_SIZE%~ > ~0x71~) BEGIN
	READ_SHORT 0x1c type
	PATCH_IF (type = 35) BEGIN
	  LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 savingthrow = 2 END

This component changes all effects from all wands to require a save - specifically, a breath save.

Later code in the component changes some wands to require different save types, or to have the "save for half" effect. The wand of monster summoning doesn't get touched again. But of course, summoning shouldn't require a save, especially since it "targets" the summoner.

❤️

17 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Thanks for pointing this out, I see whete the error is. (And it’s totally crazy, I don’t know why that line is there… I can only guess it was used for testing and I neglected to delete it…)

Great. I'm looking forward to scales of balance new version.

Edited by Morgoth
On 6/25/2023 at 1:27 PM, Morgoth said:

The component

Fixed.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:27 AM, NdranC said:

I've tried other classes and even checked the weapprof.2da and they are correctly set to 6 but I'm still unable to get them past 4 points. I think the problem might be in profsmax.2da. Mine looks like this:

Adding an extra level 10 with 7s on everything fixed the issue for me.

Fixed.

Subtledoctor,

Just a heads-up that v6.6 is showing up as "v6.5a12" in the log:

~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor System: v6.5a12
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #101 // IWO - Aesthetic & Enchantment Tweaks -> Standardize Enchanted Equipment: v6.5a12
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #102 // IWO - Functional Weapon Tweaks: v6.5a12