Mod Compatibility List for EET

On previous EET installs, mods like BG1NPC Project and BG Mini Quests and Encounters installed on BG1, then got imported into EET
I am using PI, as I have successfully before. This time, however, I get an error:

BGQE BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can't be imported to BG2:EE with EET

Should BG Mini Quests and Encounters (BGQE) no longer be imported with BG1, but installed into the main EET/BG2 section of PI?

I checked the ini for both BGQE and BG1NPC (which must install after BGQE), and both of them suggest placement in main EET/BG2 section of PI -- Quests and NPCs, respectively.

43 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Should BG Mini Quests and Encounters (BGQE) no longer be imported with BG1, but installed into the main EET/BG2 section of PI?

Yes BG Mini Quests and Encounters is no longer imported by EET and must be installed on BG2EE after EET.

You have the list of mods yet to be installed on BG1 here.

Bg1 NPC can be installed on both for compatibility issue mostly with Garrick Tales of Troubadour, I think.

AerieBG1 and Saradas_Magic_for_BGEE can be installed on BG2EE after EET if you want.

Verr'Sza BG1EE can also be installed on BG2EE after EET.

Edited by JohnBob

Finch too need to be installed after EET.

Yes, it's relatively new for most of them.

In fact, only these mods can still be installed on BGEE, but some (mentioned in the previous post) have been updated to be installed after EET.

DLCMerger !

Aerie for BG:EE
The BG1 NPC Project
The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack
BG1 Unfinished Business
Dark Horizons BG:EE
Drake NPC Mod for BG:EE
Drizzt Saga (BP-BGT Worldmap version)
Garrick : Tales of a troubadour
Margarita for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Rough World
saradas_magic
Sharteel NPC mod for SoD
Sirene NPC for BG:EE
Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
The Stone of Askavar (BP-BGT Worldmap version)
T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur
Verr'Sza NPC
White NPC for BGT/Tutu/EE

Edited by JohnBob
9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Btw if anyone wants versions of Drake, Rose, and Tenya that can be installed after EET, I’m going to upload them to Endarire’s Github account.

Vilain !

Btw two of them are on github already !

Edit : I'm dumb, so is the third, but for this one it's normal.

Edited by JohnBob
On 6/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, K4thos said:

I've reviewed mods mentioned by Endarire and can confirm all of them, sans BG1UB and ToB-Tourist, have EET native support.

mods added to native EET compatibility section:
- Adventures in Papperland
- Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in Shadows of Amn
- Bolsa Merchant
- Darron the BG2 Thief Guild Vendor
- Demon Summoning Ritual
- D's Odd Quest Mod
- Heart of the Wood (Item)
- Heroes, Thieves, and Moneylenders
- Hubelpot the Vegetable Merchant
- Improved Haer'Dalis Swords
- Jan's Alchemy
- Jini Romance
- Keyring: A Mod for the Orderly
- Kit Le Rôdeur de l'ombre (Shadow Ranger)
- Lore from Learning
- Luxley Family
- Quayle BG2
- Ratatoskr and BCaesar's Multi-Mod: All Things Mazzy, Clara (Human Hexxat) NPC, Darkside Anomen, and more
- Red Dragon Summoning
- Rjali NPC Mod
- Ruad Ro'fhessa Item Upgrade Mod
- Saradas Magic II
- Shuri Ninja Kit
- SoD to Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Item Upgrade
- Stuff of the Magi
- The Jerry Zinger Show
- The Longer Road
- The Slithering Menace
- Under-Represented Items
- Valerie NPC for Baldur's Gate I
- Weasels!
- Wilson Chronicles

mods removed from BG:EE compatibility section:
- Valerie NPC for Baldur's Gate I (has native support)

True, should have consulted it first, sorry. Looks like Garrick: Tales of a troubadour is the most glaring example of these install order problems, from the remaining 18 mods installable on BG:EE. As mentioned I'm planning to work on native patches for those mods. Already finished one for GTotT v1.26 and sent email to mirandir with request for its internalization (of course also offering support for these changes in case EET players will notice some problem). Updated tp2 file is attached to this post, in case someone would like to test it now.

Keep in mind that the patch is unofficial. If author won't be interested in its official internalization this file will be removed from here.

garrick-tt.zip 116.18 kB · 123 downloads

Just to check, is this patch supposed to be installed on top of the regular mod when the regular mod is installed AFTER EET? Thanks!

I have a feeling I've somehow missed an obvious answer, but when installing EET with PI, if I'm only using mods from the approved mods list, should I still run/install the checker (BGEE_to_EET_mod_checker beta 0.1), presumably at the end of the load order before the EET end mod?

Or is the checker only if you're using mods that aren't on the mod computability list and shouldn't be used if you're sticking to the list?