EET v13.4 released

Own both old cd and digital versions, and ee editions. Always loved bg series.

Guess I'll wait for full BWS support to try eet.

Haven't played SoD yet. Is it worth it?

Really a hard question - if you followed the big marketing campaign etc...you may easily be disappointed - BUT, if you have realistic expectations you may agree to my view that SoD is not bad.

My VERY personal view is that it is a really worthy addition as a part of EET. If you intend to play the game as one combined campaign, then SoD is really the missing link and fun to play. It bridges the events between the defeat of Sarevok until the imprisonment by Irenicus in a sensible way (this is definitely a thing that was missing in old BGT). The contents is much better than anything else bean dog has added to the game.

There is a main quest (a bit linear) which you can do on a number of alternative paths - and some smaller optional side quests. One of the new NPCs is halways interesting, some of the overlooked older ones (especially Safana) become more interesting. The real quality is how the story of BG1 is extended and the upcoming BG2 plot already starts to evolve. This added layer below the SoD's quest itself is for me the real addition it provides to the trilogy.

Own both old cd and digital versions, and ee editions. Always loved bg series.

Guess I'll wait for full BWS support to try eet.

Haven't played SoD yet. Is it worth it?

Really a hard question - if you followed the big marketing campaign etc...you may easily be disappointed - BUT, if you have realistic expectations you may agree to my view that SoD is not bad.

My VERY personal view is that it is a really worthy addition as a part of EET. If you intend to play the game as one combined campaign, then SoD is really the missing link and fun to play. It bridges the events between the defeat of Sarevok until the imprisonment by Irenicus in a sensible way (this is definitely a thing that was missing in old BGT). The contents is much better than anything else bean dog has added to the game.

There is a main quest (a bit linear) which you can do on a number of alternative paths - and some smaller optional side quests. One of the new NPCs is halways interesting, some of the overlooked older ones (especially Safana) become more interesting. The real quality is how the story of BG1 is extended and the upcoming BG2 plot already starts to evolve. This added layer below the SoD's quest itself is for me the real addition it provides to the trilogy.

I agree Roxanne, SoD is good, and the only real complaints might be lack of content, and the fact that it's standalone, complete with a conflicting map of BG, rather than being simply integrated with BG, as EET is doing now.

My guess is that we'll be waiting well into next year for BWS support, or the proper implementation of IWD into EET, let alone the conversion of other mods. EET is playable, and if you avoid most of the tweaks, the game won't be broken.

We'll probably be playing the new Planescape Torment before BWS with EET and IWDee.

Can you elaborate the "avoid most of the tweaks"?

Why is BWS so hard to update for eet?

And why is there no actually faq for compatible mods? I read the Mod Compatibility List for EET topic, but would it be possible to actually create a load order for those mods? And copy some critical info from the BWS pdf (it's a rather huge doc)?

Can you elaborate the "avoid most of the tweaks"?

Why is BWS so hard to update for eet?

And why is there no actually faq for compatible mods? I read the Mod Compatibility List for EET topic, but would it be possible to actually create a load order for those mods? And copy some critical info from the BWS pdf (it's a rather huge doc)?

I have posted my well tested install order here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&page=24&do=findComment&comment=248059.

Note that this is just an example and only reflects the limited selection of EET mods still deemed to be useable without issue. (I have deleted several mods that were on the list from my install again since they may be technically feasible but bugged/not mature for use).

Not a single tweaks or fixes mod?

Fixes? Means that something is broken, right? At this moment EET is under test/development still while the bean dogs maintain the base game, so if something needs to be fixed there are people to do that (just report your findings there).

Tweaks? I tried EET Tweaks but was not really needing anything from it. I (personally) want to first get an impression of what the game provides by itself before I can tell what I find missing and to be improved by any tweak. But this is of course very subjective (and based on the BGT experience where the truckload of tweaks did no longer let you see the wood for the trees...).

Edited by Roxanne

May I ask some specific mod questions?

BP-BGT-WORLDMAP - Is this better than the default EET one?

NPCs mods - Is there any added npc actually worth the game, both in voice recording quality or story wise depth? Or you use them just for the quests?

About some mods you did not use:

Almateria's Restoration Project, aTweaks, Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET, EEUITweaks, Item Revisions, Spell Revisions, Sword Coast Stratagems, Tweaks-Anthology, Assassinations, BP Series Party AI.

Is there any problem with them, or you don't use them cause you don't need them?

Thanks for your time.

May I ask some specific mod questions?

BP-BGT-WORLDMAP - Is this better than the default EET one?

NPCs mods - Is there any added npc actually worth the game, both in voice recording quality or story wise depth? Or you use them just for the quests?

About some mods you did not use:

Almateria's Restoration Project, aTweaks, Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET, EEUITweaks, Item Revisions, Spell Revisions, Sword Coast Stratagems, Tweaks-Anthology, Assassinations, BP Series Party AI.

Is there any problem with them, or you don't use them cause you don't need them?

Thanks for your time.

It would probably be better to have this discussion in the other thread concerning the list itself..

Suffice to say, roxanne does not like to apply house rules (i.e. tweaks) to her game; she just likes to add new content.

There is nothing at all wrong with those mods, but I cannot speak to their compatibility with EET. aTweaks, IR, SR, SCS, and Anthology *should* all work fine.

Hopefully I'll get EET working soon and I can report back (since I like to use a lot of tweak mods).

Likes or not, she did post a set of mods and a load order that works with eet...

This is more a case of setting priorities. I have tried to explain my approach in another thread:

*One reason to do so is that in a first step the priority was to find EET-own issues rather than those possibly added by mods that change game rules or resources. This should be done at a point when the base-mod has sufficient stability.

(An example of what I mean here is maybe Item Revision - EET creates a *repository* of game items out of BGEE, SoD, BG2EE, with some overlap/duplication/inconsistencies. So before we can look at a mod changing this, we need to be sure about the baseline.)*

Before deciding on the use of tweaks/item changes/rule changes one should get to know what is the game you want to change and why. And the game in EET is NOT what we used to know from BGT (which I have played in all kinds of modded constallations ever since it was released).

Likes or not, she did post a set of mods and a load order that works with eet...

I only meant that roxanne did not omit tweak mods because they don't work. Many should work just fine.

*One reason to do so is that in a first step the priority was to find EET-own issues rather than those possibly added by mods that change game rules or resources. This should be done at a point when the base-mod has sufficient stability.

I don't quite get this. Changing EET does not, itself, tweak any rules. So there should be no intersection between it and tweak mods. Several BG1EE items get renamed by EET, which causes item revisions to miss them... but that just means IR will need a small patch for perfect compatibility. But even with those missed items, the game is perfectly playable.

Likewise, changing the values in xplevel.2da, or changing the effects of weapon style specialization, or adding new kits or spells, should not have any impact on EET. (In fact several of those "content mods" in Roxanne's list make all sorts of such tweaks, and they seem to work fine.) So I don't see any reason to shy away from such mods (personal grudges aside). The only way to discover exactly how compatible any of these mods are, of any category, is to play them!