EET v13.4 released

Roxanne, you are awesome. I downloaded DLTC and after messing with things a few minutes I got it to work. I needed to do two things for this to work. First, I edited the script bd0108.bcs and I just removed Dynaheir's dead checks.

I then ran C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_Deaddynaheir","Global",0) to undo the *ahem* unfortunate gnoll event so that I would be able to interact with her.

After this, when I got to the third floor, Minsc and Dynaheir spawned, as would have happened if I hadn't killed Dynaheir. It's also "my" Minsc, 19 STR, equipment, XP and everything, I didn't have to do anything special for this, so I assume it's EET keeping continuity. Dynaheir got a boost to 200k XP, while Minsc, who was already above this, didn't get anything.

I want to thank you for taking them time to help me with this, you made my day. Hamsters and Rangers everywhere rejoice!

Roxanne, you are awesome. I downloaded DLTC and after messing with things a few minutes I got it to work. I needed to do two things for this to work. First, I edited the script bd0108.bcs and I just removed Dynaheir's dead checks.

I then ran C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_Deaddynaheir","Global",0) to undo the *ahem* unfortunate gnoll event so that I would be able to interact with her.

After this, when I got to the third floor, Minsc and Dynaheir spawned, as would have happened if I hadn't killed Dynaheir. It's also "my" Minsc, 19 STR, equipment, XP and everything, I didn't have to do anything special for this, so I assume it's EET keeping continuity. Dynaheir got a boost to 200k XP, while Minsc, who was already above this, didn't get anything.

I want to thank you for taking them time to help me with this, you made my day. Hamsters and Rangers everywhere rejoice!

Final hint - you do not need to kill Dynaheir, just leave her on the third floor, go down all the stairs - just before you go outside, kick her from the party (game saves, you are outside, she is gone). You will not re-visit THIS version of Three Kegs again in EET, so this should work without bug.

SoA item import

Not sure where to report this observation and I cannot find the discussion already held on the issue.

I just did the SoD to SoA transition using RC 7.1 (according to EET changelog nothing was changed in this respect, so I think this is still valid).

I have no item import mods/tweaks installed, just pure EET in that respect.

I find none of the former BG1/SoD items anywhere in Irenicus dungeon. (Personally I do not care, but other players might...)

I have checked with NI for the relevant actions and found that

a) Global("TakeImportItems","AR0602",1) is set

b) The former items have been transferred to the K#ImportContainer in ar0602, and there they still are.

c) from the Script block in ar0602.bcs only some actions from the Global("TakeImportItems","AR0602",0) block have been executed

- ActionOverride("Malaaq",MoveBetweenAreas("AR0601",[345.591],SE)) NOT, the djinni is at the usual place in AR0602

- NONE of the item shuffling actions was done.

It may be related to the issue I described in this post. We probably have to wait for a new patch from Beamdog to get it fixed.

I think it is another issue (if at all) - maybe just a misunderstanding I had.

Because

MoveContainerContents("BD6100*K#ImportContainer","AR0602*K#ImportContainer")

seems to have worked. My old stuff IS in that container....only the container is at a non-accesible point, far outside of the tunnels.

Maybe there is a component to grab it from there that I have not found.

I've just noticed that Minsc lost Boo during the SoD/SoA transition in my current run (using EET-RC7). I tested it with an older RC6 installation and Boo was missing there as well. I never noticed it before since I didn't use Minsc as party member. Both games are heavily modded though, so it could be a mod incompatibility.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Edited by argent77

Party inventory is supposed to be stored in an inaccessible container (as it's done in your case), so that (tweak) mods could potentially make use of it. The amount of money is also stored in the global variable "K#ImportGold", so a mod could restore it as well.

Isee

I've just noticed that Minsc lost Boo during the SoD/SoA transition in my current run (using EET-RC7). I tested it with an older RC6 installation and Boo was missing there as well. I never noticed it before since I didn't use Minsc as party member. Both games are very heavily modded though, so it could be a mod incompatibility.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Yes, - with RC 7.1. I am still in Irenicus Dungeon, Minsc in party, no Boo (just noticed it due to your post). I did not have *real* Minsc in SoD party, only the one that you just meet with Imoen for the transition scene. I have no save of this to check if that (Cutscene-)Minsc had a Boo.

Another issue I've noticed is that reputation will be reset before the final trial in SoD. This action robs you of an option to follow the good ending if you had a high reputation.

Which option do you refer to?

I just went through this part a day ago and I tried several variations to end SoD. Did I miss one?

Are your options at the trial not dependent on which actions/subquests you did in the campaign before?

Helping the sick soldiers at the camp

Poisoning or not the crusaders

Freeing the blind Bhaal priestess or not

Positioning the explosives in the barrens

etc

Edited by Roxanne

Many options refer to certain decisions you made during SoD, but some options depend on other conditions:

If reputation is 17 or higher you can also select the following option:

My deeds are well known throughout the land. Many call me "hero." Surely that speaks to my character.

If Charname is a paladin (s)he also has the following option:

I am a paladin, a holy warrior. My god still blesses me with divine power. Were I guilty of this crime, that would not be the case.

Edited by argent77

Many options refer to certain decisions you made during SoD, but some options depend on other conditions:

My deeds are well known throughout the land. Many call me "hero." Surely that speaks to my character.

I am a paladin, a holy warrior. My god still blesses me with divine power. Were I guilty of this crime, that would not be the case.

Thanks - but those are just dialogue options, they do not add an additional way out of BG, right?

Still - it seems to be a bug, question is it EET doing it?

Edited by Roxanne

Thanks - but those are just dialogue options, they do not add an additional way out of BG, right?

There is no additional path, but afaik you need three or more positive arguments to unlock the good ending.

Still - it seems to be a bug, question is it EET doing it?

The change is caused by EET which adds a couple more blocks to bdcut61.bcs, including the reputation reset.

The change is caused by EET which adds a couple more blocks to bdcut61.bcs, including the reputation reset.

I agree, this is not the best solution.

The reset is quite extreme.

The trial surely scratches on your reputation (like -3) but even the best character is severely loosing here.

Edited by Roxanne