Please Help Me!

This bug is killing me! I installed an EET version of BGEE and the quest Hamster Dilema refuses to conclude!

Minsc does note initiate dialogue showing the new hamster after talking to vendor, and he leaves, go to FAI and i go there, and talk to him, and he leaves!

No Hamsters in inventory! 

Please help!

i'll attach an WEIDU log, but i already unistalled alll of them and only left EET! I startrf a new game, after unisntalled each one of them, and the bug still persist! there's no culprit except for EET!

i read in the Beamdog forum that maybe the first component of Unfinished Buisiness of BG2 (the kidnapping of boo) may be the culprit, i unisntalled that too, and it nok work!

the only solution is the EET causing the bug, please fix it! i'm using the lastet version of the mod!

Only in BG1EE solo, the dialog kicks in!

WeiDU.log

sorry for the double post, but its confirmed...

i reinstalled both bg1ee and bg2ee and the following mods: bg1ub and then eet and then bgqe and tweaks anthology.

get out candlekeep, go to beregost asap, down to nashkel, east to carnival.

talked to merchant, and misnc does not initiate dialog. waited 2 banters (1 hour);

after, unistalled everthing, installed only bg1ee, modmerge, bg1ub, bgqe, cdtweaks, repeat the process until carnival

talked to merchant, waited 2 mins, and minsc initiate dialog.

dont know what to do.

please help

Edited by MarciusVetrack

@jastey I think I've run into an issue with the component "Brage's Sword". I'm currently not on my gaming computer, so this is all from local memory (the one between the ears), and therefore perhaps a bit imprecise.

Environment: EET, current bgqe, installed after bg1npc (don't know how that happened...), no "Brage's Redemption". Charname is CE, with strong tendencies for murder hobo style.

I completed the quest the nice way at first, just for the experience (my own, not charname's XP), up to what I guess is the optimal ending for Brage (take back your sword and use it, you sissy... erm, sorry, murder hobo just called... - oh, and Borda is obviously dead, anyway; should have taken a clue from what happened to multiple dozens of Xvarts).

But when I now return to Nashkel with Brage's (dead) body, the quest "Brage's guilt" or whatever it's called, cannot be resolved. Laryssa was allowed to stay alive (think of dessert), I answered Brage's riddle, and then let him experience the answer first hand. When I return to Oublek, he first takes Borda's letter, then Brage's body, then I get a journal entry that I need to find Brage for questioning or some such. If I drop off the body at Nalin's, Oublek wants proof from Nalin that the sword is cursed, but cursed Nalin doesn't care.

The journal entry for the original Brage quest gets resolved and closed, the new one rests in limbo. I even console-teleported to the bandit camp (while not even having completed the Naskel mine quest), to get Borda's letter, which makes no difference.

I didn't try the subtle evil approach of handing over the wrong sword, because subtlety is so much not the way.

If this report somehow might give cause to trust my sanity, to my defense, I spent way too much time with Xzar in one hell of a party. 'Tis might have been disturbing to my demeanor.

Edited by Lurker
21 minutes ago, jastey said:

@Lurker If I understand correctly, you killed Brage at the first meeting, brought his dead body to the town, and the mod's quest to prove his innocence kicked in?

Yes, that is what it looks like if I returned the dead body to the temple. There's a different journal entry for returning the body to "the garrison", which really means Oublek. Then the quest stalls; Oublek has an reply option "About Brage...", with no further content, after also handing him over the letter. Nalin just has his default priest dialog, and shows no interest in any of the swords.

EDIT: If it's of any relevance, I had killed Borda and so acquired both the letter and original sword before the encounter with Brage.

Edited by Lurker

@Lurker Thanks for the report. I am highly surprised anything kicks in with Brage dead, but - well, what noob did code that quest to make such a great oversight?!

What I can tell you is that proving his innocence in retrospect was not a planned quest path. I see that it would make sense, especially if you have both letter and sword, but I'm dreading implementing this on top of the normal quest path. - Will look into it.

4 hours ago, jastey said:

What I can tell you is that proving his innocence in retrospect was not a planned quest path. I see that it would make sense, especially if you have both letter and sword, but I'm dreading implementing this on top of the normal quest path. - Will look into it.

Well, the quest already seems very complex as it is, especially when considering cross-mod compatibility and so on.

From my current charname's point of view, proving Brage's innocence is of no concern, obviously. Especially considering that Brage has no one left who'd care... (But I really hate unresolved quests in my journal... *sad face*)

But providing another, more tragic resolution would really make sense, for a more nuanced player. Like:

• lawful stupid / low wisdom charname killing Brage "for justice" OR low int charname doesn't solve the riddle and has to fight him
  • returning Brage's dead body (does it matter if garrison (no more hanging required) or temple (why not raise him, since body isn't chunked), or is it just player preference?)
  • later getting the letter from the bandit camp, causing regret, confronting Borda, clearing Brage's name (or even paying for his resurrection)
    • Laryssa should care if still alive

Hmm, which brings me to the point, that my evil charname could still be confronted by Laryssa (still alive) after all of this, and mock her out of spite or also just kill her...

Perhaps it might help if you'd draw a quest path, just for better visualization; makes me wonder how Brage even deserves all of this effort. ;)

Bug here with brage's sword too, I finally found Borda near the Xvart village (last seen west of Nashkel, yeah it's west, but it's very far and very unprecise !!!), got a journal update to say that I should search Borda for proofs, and I find the letter, the original sword +1 which was intended for Brage instead of the cursed one, so I get everything but I don't get any journal update here. I get back to the temple, and Brage doesn't react, no new dialog here, nor the priest.

eet, installed bgqe after bg1npc.

Oh well, I'll just give up on this quest then, I hate visiting the xvart village anyway, I agree with the village chief, we are monsters if we come here, so the best solution is not to go !

1 hour ago, zelurker said:

Bug here with brage's sword too, I finally found Borda near the Xvart village (last seen west of Nashkel, yeah it's west, but it's very far and very unprecise !!!), got a journal update to say that I should search Borda for proofs, and I find the letter, the original sword +1 which was intended for Brage instead of the cursed one, so I get everything but I don't get any journal update here. I get back to the temple, and Brage doesn't react, no new dialog here, nor the priest.

eet, installed bgqe after bg1npc.

Oh well, I'll just give up on this quest then, I hate visiting the xvart village anyway, I agree with the village chief, we are monsters if we come here, so the best solution is not to go !

Talk to Oublek about Brage with the letter from Borda in your inventory.