I think the spider egg quest should be from this MOD, so I would like to report here...

Spoiler

After the egg hatched and I killed the spider, I found that my charname is still equipping the egg and I still can show the egg to Halbazzer and Thalantyr and to get the egg of the frozen spider. The order of how I did the quest:

1) Got the egg

2) Find Thalantyr, but unwilling to pay the money, walked way.

3) Egg hatched, killed it

4) Found out that I still got the egg equipped after some time because the dialogue option to ask for Thalantyr's help is still there.

Edited by marcnivar
18 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

I think the spider egg quest should be from this MOD, so I would like to report here...

Thanks, there were other reports about egg-hickups as well. Which vrsion of bgqe are you playing? I was hoping I fixed it in the current version 25.

This is PROBABLY not a bug, but I am absolutely stumped on the Brage's Sword quest. I got to the part where the seller of cursed potions points me to a merchant who likes the black lotus tent; I've been in there (and out of there) and not found him in that area, nor elsewhere in the carnival, nor in various areas "west of town" (which is where the NPC says he went). Haven't combed every square inch of the game so I may just be missing him, or he spawned somewhere I'm already done exploring. Any hints?

Gotcha! I hadn't explored that yet. I encountered him, fought him, got (and read) the letter on his body, and got (and identified) brage's sword. However, the quest only partially advanced in the journal - it says that I should search his body for evidence, even though I already did. Talking to Braga and the Priest of Helm gives no dialog options, even though I have the letter, Brage's sword, and the Berserking Sword in my inventory. It's worth noting that I have the Brage's Redemption mod installed, but it was after in the load order as instructed! Let me know if it's helpful to provide any logs.

Edited by Aerothorn

While on the topic of Brage and Borda... When killing Borda the first time I encounter him in the Xvart village, everything seems to play out properly. But if I leave Borda alive (just tell him I'm not interested in his wares), and then later on pick up Brage, I can't get Borda to respawn at the Carnival.

Looking at brages_sword_bgqe.tpa, there seem to be scripts added to the Xvart Village and the Lotus Tent, but I can't find .BCS files for either of those in NI. I do see something added to the Carnival script, but it relies on Global("C#q13Brage_FakeMerchant","GLOBAL",8), which is an unset variable in my game.

Setting that variable to 8 does get Borda to respawn at the Carnival right away.

BGEE+SoD 2.6, MQ&E 25.4

Edited by Thels
15 minutes ago, Thels said:

but it relies on Global("C#q13Brage_FakeMerchant","GLOBAL",8), which is an unset variable in my game.

Then you are not on the quest path to get the hint about where to find Borda yet. It should start with Larissa in front of the Nashkel temple. She should give a first hint where to investigate for cursed items.

To be precise: Global("C#q13Brage_FakeMerchant","GLOBAL",1)  should be set after meeting Borda but letting him live. 🤔

Yeah, for some reason that didn't get set. Perhaps I walked off the Xvart Village map without actually letting Borda leave my line of sight, therefor not triggering that initial point. I tried again, making sure to give him enough time to walk out of line of sight, and then it worked just fine! That's a cooler way of going around things than to kill Borda on sight, so I'll go with that route, instead! :)

10 minutes ago, Thels said:

Perhaps I walked off the Xvart Village map without actually letting Borda leave my line of sight, therefor not triggering that initial point.

Oh, good point. I'll try to think of something smart to cover that. Thanks for the report!