SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

1 minute ago, subtledoctor said:

My understanding was that SCS will actually make these spells able to target improved invisibility, regardless. In other words SCS will override preferences set here. 

Only if SR is not installed, I believe is what DavidW said, because it assumes that SR has already done it.

I am planning a new playthrough with SCS and SRR. Is IWD spells from SCS is compatible with SRR? I don't want to overwrite SRR spells or confuse the AI but I want to try out divine IWD spells. Related question: Is this a good time to make a large mod install? If there is known game breaking problems with mods and 2.6.6 I can wait until they are resolved. 

Edited by Chosen
10 hours ago, Chosen said:

I am planning a new playthrough with SCS and SRR. Is IWD spells from SCS is compatible with SRR? I don't want to overwrite SRR spells or confuse the AI but I want to try out divine IWD spells. Related question: Is this a good time to make a large mod install? If there is known game breaking problems with mods and 2.6.6 I can wait until they are resolved. 

Compatibility should be no different than with regular SR. Which is to say it should work, but I don't know exactly how perfectly.

SRR is good to go with 2.6.6, and while I believe there are so minor outstanding issues with the latest version of SCS, they are ultimately minor issues.

Funny and probably harmless bug: when casting Charm Person and Dire Charm on people, the line "glittergold guide your eye on your travels" pops up in the combat log. Not present when using the Domination spell.

This is on BG1EE+SOD, game version 2.5. There shouldn't be compatibility issues with 2.5 and the new SRR version, right?

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think most of these have been caught

No.

One could go throught the .tp2/.tpa codes, and check if the descriptions, and other stuff has been rewritten in the mod so it reflects any game at any stage. Cause if you rewrite the strings that are already the same as the ones you assign, the weidu can assign the old values.

Say like from line 19 of the main component:

// Scroll of Restoration
// adscroll.itm still copied over in case someone wants to CLUAConsole it for use on an old save game
COPY ~spell_rev\shared\adscroll.itm~     ~override~
  SAY NAME2 @100402
COPY ~spell_rev\shared\adscroll.bam~     ~override~

What about name1, identified_desc, unidentified_desc etc strings. It's not like they could not be(yes, double negative) copied from the existing dialog.tlk and placed to the mods .d & .tra files, and be done.

And the best thing is, when this is done in English, WITHOUT any existing translations, YET ! They can be done correctly, in the other languages. With a little more work, and a whole lot of knowledge.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, DMF said:

Funny and probably harmless bug: when casting Charm Person and Dire Charm on people, the line "glittergold guide your eye on your travels" pops up in the combat log. Not present when using the Domination spell.

This is on BG1EE+SOD, game version 2.5. There shouldn't be compatibility issues with 2.5 and the new SRR version, right?

It is a BG1-EE specific issue because string references are different between BG1 and BG2 and SR was made for BG2, but it's odd: I thought I already fixed a couple dozen of these a few months back...or so I thought.

Ah, I figured it out. The specific issue with Dire/Charm Person is that I've outsourced the effect that displays the string to a secondary spell, so it's attempting to patch the base spell when it needs to patch the secondary spell. Thanks, will fix.

(e): Now fixed.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hey, I've been having a strange issue with summoned monster AI. Monsters will be summoned and stand still as if their script is hung. On a clean BGEE install SR v4b18 monster AI works just fine but the SRR version of the DV******.bcs files all hang. I can't see anything in the script that seems wrong, and the changes are super minor anyays. The weirdest thing I noticed is that just by recompiling the file in NI the script will start working again. So... out of my league, figured I'd pick your brain.

19 minutes ago, Relay said:

Hey, I've been having a strange issue with summoned monster AI. Monsters will be summoned and stand still as if their script is hung. On a clean BGEE install SR v4b18 monster AI works just fine but the SRR version of the DV******.bcs files all hang. I can't see anything in the script that seems wrong, and the changes are super minor anyays. The weirdest thing I noticed is that just by recompiling the file in NI the script will start working again. So... out of my league, figured I'd pick your brain.

Install the debug tool and play, to see what it gives you in the scripts, then open the files with Near Infinity and detect where the reported script goes off.

So the test I ran was using dvmelee, dvranged, and dvhobsha from the monster summoning 2 spell in SRR. Before running stutterdebug all summoned monsters do nothing. after installing stutterbug the 3 scripts run flawlessly. But I was accomplishing the same thing by decompiling and recompiling the files in NI to get them running (made no changes to the script)

4 hours ago, Relay said:

Ugh, again? It's probably an issue with GitHub itself. I've had issues with it blowing up script files in the past due to automatic format/return carriage type changes that it makes that you can't see from just looking at what's in the text. I'll try to take look and figure it out.