SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

12 hours ago, Hubal said:

Is it ok to install SCS divine spells and SRR spells together?

I do believe it is supposed to be possible to mix SR and SCS's IWD spells, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't also be possible with SRR since it's fundamentally the same, but I can't guarantee perfect results - if you see strange stuff, feel free to report them here. From what I understand, this will also currently result in SCS favoring its own spell system instead of SR's (i.e. with just SR/R, SCS balances what it has spellcasters memorize around which spells are good in SR; with SR + IWD, it instead ignores SR's changes and balances it around vanilla + IWD). Installing SR first means, I believe, that SCS shouldn't try to duplicate IWD spells that SR already handles - if you do see any duplicates, that should definitely be something reported.

What I might suggest is finishing your install to the exact point where the SCS IWD spells are installed but not going any further, and then making a max level cleric, druid, and sorcerer to see if there any obvious problems that need to be solved.

Edited by Bartimaeus

In my experience they can be used together perfectly well, and SR should be installed first. (Mostly because if you install SCS/IWDification first, you'll get the IWD version of Cure Moderate Wounds which is out of step with the SR Cure Wounds progression.)

As noted about SCS AI, if SCS v34 finds IWD spells it will use those against the player, but will ignore SR. This is generally a good thing, because IWDification adds a lot of new spells and we want the AI to use as many spells as possible, right? Whereas SR mostly just changes existing spells, and does so in ways that can be used equally well by the AI. SR does not add as many new spells as IWDification. AFAICT the biggest things the AI will miss out on are Battering Ram, Icelance, Sound Burst, and Mind Blank on the arcane side; and Faerie Fire, Fire trap, Gust of Wind, and the Regeneration spells on the divine side.

Given how many spells IWDification adds - and especially given that SCS AI will make particular changes to and use of some IWD spells like Entropy Shield and Sanctity of Mind - I think SCS is erring on the right side here. If @DavidW wanted to try to add combined SR+IWDification support back into SCS in a limited way to maximize effect and minimize effort, we could probably give some help or advice. (In particular, just giving AI priests access to Faerie Fire and Gust of Wind, and giving AI wizards access to Sound Burst and Mind Blank, would go a long way toward spicing things up.)

Back on topic: the only other weird SR+IWD spells+SCS interaction I'm aware of is where SCS v33 stripped out the SR spell icons from a few spells and substituted the vanilla or IWD icons. I don't remember if this has been fixed in SCS v34. But if you see stuff like:

• Animal Summoning 1
  • Animal Summoning 2
  • Animal Summoning 3
  • Animal Summoning I (green)
  • Animal Summoning II (green)
  • ...etc.

Then this is probably what is happening. I just collected the SR .BAM files and dropped them into my override folder to overwrite the SCS changes. I'll attach the set of relevant .BAM files if you see this issue.

SR_bams.zip

Edited by subtledoctor
19 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

In my experience they can be used together perfectly well, and SR should be installed first. (Mostly because if you install SCS/IWDification first, you'll get the IWD version of Cure Moderate Wounds which is out of step with the SR Cure Wounds progression.)

I wonder how SRR impacts this, given that SRR has Light, Medium, Moderate, Serious, and Critical cause/cure wounds spells.

19 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Back on topic: the only other weird SR+IWD spells+SCS interaction I'm aware of is where SCS v33 stripped out the SR spell icons from a few spells and substituted the vanilla or IWD icons. I don't remember if this has been fixed in SCS v34. But if you stuff like:

SRR handles spell icons a little more safely than SR does/did - new spell icons that SR adds are added with the "DV" prefix instead of the "SP" prefix, so they don't overwrite original spell icons and also won't get overwritten by other mods, so I would think that this issue does not apply to SRR+SCS unless SCS also changes the actual .spls to use the old icons...if it does, there's probably not too much I can do about it since I don't really think it makes sense to go back to the no prefix system.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I wonder how SRR impacts this, given that SRR has Light, Medium, Moderate, Serious, and Critical cause/cure wounds spells.

I don't follow. SR of course has all that stuff as well. The only new one is the 2nd-level spell, which is added by both SR(R) and SCS/IWDification. In this case, unless you have radically altered the way SR works, the first in wins. So if you install SCS/IWDification before SR(R) then the game will end up with the IWD version of the 2nd-level spell, and the SR(R) versions of all the other spells. This is pretty jarring since the IWD 2nd-level Cure spell only cures 11 hit points, while the 1st-level  SR(R) Cure spell can heal more than 11 hit points, never mind the 2nd-level Cure spell. Point being, just install SR(R) first to keep the SR(R) versions of that spell - and Sunscorch, and Icelance, and Vitriolic Sphere, etc.

16 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I don't follow. SR of course has all that stuff as well. The only new one is the 2nd-level spell, which is added by both SR(R) and SCS/IWDification. In this case, unless you have radically altered the way SR works, the first in wins. So if you install SCS/IWDification before SR(R) then the game will end up with the IWD version of the 2nd-level spell, and the SR(R) versions of all the other spells. This is pretty jarring since the IWD 2nd-level Cure spell only cures 11 hit points, while the 1st-level  SR(R) Cure spell can heal more than 11 hit points, never mind the 2nd-level Cure spell. Point being, just install SR(R) first to keep the SR(R) versions of that spell - and Sunscorch, and Icelance, and Vitriolic Sphere, etc.

Sorry, I was more or less just thinking aloud about SRR having 5 levels of Cure/Cause/Regenerate wounds (as opposed to SR's 4) and whether that would muck up anything with SCS's IWD spells - wasn't meant as a rebuttal to anything you said there, more just thinking perhaps I have made a few changes that might affect the behavior of these mods working together.

(e): I guess six if you also want to count the "Mass" versions of those spells - same difference, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus
32 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Ah. No, base SR has 5 Cure Wounds spells too, plus Mass Cure and Heal. It’s the unmodded game that lacks one at 2nd level. 

I was certain that SR only has 4 - am I crazy? Well, let's find out...I just installed SR onto an otherwise unmodified BG2EE game, and then checked against my current SRR ToBEx game.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/md56qze8ujq9yab/Baldur_8OxBWvYeZw.mp4

Four levels for SR, five for SRR it seems to me. Not that it really matters too much, but hence why I was thinking of a few differences like this being potentially confounding between the two versions. I'm pretty sure I moved Polymorph Other down to 4th level for druids as well...but SCS probably doesn't use that even for the "just SR" setup, so it probably doesn't matter.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Interesting! I honestly never noticed that SR has been deprecating Cure Mortal Wounds at 5th level. I mean, it's there -

1502	CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS
1502	CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS_DEPRECATED

...but SPPR502 gets the exclusion flags for both clerics and druids, so nobody gets it by default. Not realizing this, my sphere systems add "CLERIC_CURE_CRITICAL_WOUNDS" at 5th level where it is expected to be, and because SR does not remove it from the .IDS table, it shows up in games with my sphere systems.

Eh, you learn something every day. Anyway, I guess I'll leave it, this way my sphere systems will work with SRR.

4 hours ago, Hubal said:

Do you know what is the exact chance that Summoned Death Knight or Fiend will attack the caster?

This is what the script of the creature has to say about it:

IF
  Global("DeathKnightControl","LOCALS",0)
  OR(6)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),18,INT)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),18,WIS)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),18,CHR)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),20,LEVEL)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),20,LEVEL2)
    CheckStatGT(Lastsummonerof(Myself),20,LEVEL3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    FaceObject(Lastsummonerof(Myself))
    Wait(2)
    LeaveParty()
    ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY)
    SetGlobal("DeathKnightControl","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
  Global("DeathKnightControl","LOCALS",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #15
    Wait(2)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,12663)
    Enemy()
  RESPONSE #85
    Wait(2)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,7841)
    LeaveParty()
    ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY)
END

From what I can tell, it seems to suggest that if the summoner is level 21 or more, or if one of their Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is 19 or more, it's automatic allegiance. If none of those conditions are true, then you have a 15% chance of it going hostile.

Edited by Bartimaeus
5 hours ago, Hubal said:

@Bartimeus How many APR a fighter 13/ druid  X will have APR with Flame Blade etc

?

I'm not sure how APR works in the vanilla game, to be honest. I use a ToBEx-only(?) tweak...

WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.99

...that changes how APR is granted. In a normal game, it might be just 1, whereas in my game, it would be 2. I've considered implementing @subtledoctor's tweak that adds +1 ApR to magically summoned weapons, but it doesn't seem like a good fit with the ApR tweak I already use, whereas it would be a good fit for other players that don't...so the natural thing seems to instead point people towards using that if they want it instead.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus hello. Regarding.... 

[./override/sppr313.spl] loaded, 202 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on sppr313.spl
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/spcaco.eff] loaded, 272 bytes

in my SCS thread.

I tried to fresh install SCS without SRR and it got no warnings then installed it with SRR and it got this warning. I searched a bit and found it could be somehow connected with clerics using Holy Smite spell in certain situations but i am not 100% sure.  You posted that its not big deal, i just report this in case you find this info usefull :)