SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

@Bartimaeus hello again :) 

I been playing with new charachter (Dwarven Defender) in BG 1 with stats 18/17/19/18/7/16, he gained level 2 and checked his Saving Throws (10/14/13/15/14), then i compared those with Vikonia (level 2) ST (10/14/13/16/15). I seemed to me a bit weird that those are almost identical though Dwarf, in theory, should have bonus from Constitution and "Shorty ST" bonuses. I thought maybe i missed something but then i compared those ST with ST progression table: Viki got it right but i found that Dwarf did not quite match it. I decided that maybe i miscalculated something or did not quite understand the progression table and how bonuses apply, so i goggled a bit out of curiosity (just in case) and suddenly came across this thread 

The author of this thread  claims (another post in that thread) that Spell Revision Mod somehow messes up with ST progression (there is "revised_saves" foled). I really dont know what to make out of it. Maybe you could refute or corroborate my assumption. If i am wrong (i would happily be) could you point out how those bonuses from Constitution and Shorty bonuses should apply. Thx beforehand.

SR changes saving throws, so I guess they will be “messed up” if you compare them to the wiki or something. But it is a mod making changes intentionally, so it is not really messed up. 

Any given .CRE file may or may not have saves that match the save tables; but once they level up in-game, their saves automatically snap to the proper values according to the .2da tables. This means that recruiting Viconia and using her as a point of comparison is not value, because her saves could be wrong. You need to level her up once and then look. (Also she is a cleric and so has different saves than a fighter? So the comparison is useless anyway.)

You can just look at savewar.2da and savecndh.2da. The game automatically sets your saves to those values when you level up. SR can modify those tables at install time but once you’re in game, SR is not capable of making your saves deviate from those values. So it can’t really mess up save progression even if it wanted to. (Unless by “mess up” you just mean it sets those tables to values you don’t like.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Latest IRR and this time I used settings. ini provided with it

ERROR Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1807 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    1807 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Not_found
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the IR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] because of error.
Using Language [English]
weidu_external/lang/english/ubsetup.tra file not found. Skipping...
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 307657 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Item Revisions by Demivrgvs

C:\BGT\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: No translation provided for @2627
ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Item Revisions - Installs all items (not fully compatible with EE new shaman class) (Item Revisions) was not installed due to errors.

28 minutes ago, Hubal said:

Latest IRR and this time I used settings. ini provided with it

ERROR Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1807 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    1807 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the IR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] because of error.
Using Language [English]
weidu_external/lang/english/ubsetup.tra file not found. Skipping...
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 307657 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Item Revisions by Demivrgvs

C:\BGT\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: No translation provided for @2627
ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Item Revisions - Installs all items (not fully compatible with EE new shaman class) (Item Revisions) was not installed due to errors.

Thanks, fixed: meant to write "2626", instead wrote "2627".

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I don't know much about SR's modified saving throws, since I disable them via the settings.ini switch I introduced in SRR. I would advise everyone playing SRR (and IRR) to check their settings.ini before installing (and for SRR, all those switches are explained in the readme).

In current version of SRR modified saving throws are set to 1 as default in settings.ini. and they got modified in my current installation. I never knew that feature was introduced in SRR tbh. Is there any table of modified ST to compare those with the old ones?

7 hours ago, pochesun said:

In current version of SRR modified saving throws are set to 1 as default in settings.ini. and they got modified in my current installation. I never knew that feature was introduced in SRR tbh. Is there any table of modified ST to compare those with the old ones?

The SR save tables are here. You can compare them to the base tables in NI or, I guess maybe the wiki might have them?

Hi. What I'm about to report doesn't come from SRR, so I'm sorry for off-topic but I've no idea what the culprit is.

Upon entering the upper floor of the Thieves' Guild in Athkatla, the Short Sword of Backstabbing +3 (+1 bonus to backstabbing) turns to a mundane Short Sword +3. The only way to prevent this is to drop the sword and go up to Renal without it, picking it up on the way back. This might be because Renal is supposed to give you a sword like that as a quest reward.

Upon googling, it seems my SS of Backstabbing is modified because the original sword apparently gives no other bonuses than +3. Hmmm.

Maybe all that should be chalked up to a heavily modded game?

7 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Hi. What I'm about to report doesn't come from SRR, so I'm sorry for off-topic but I've no idea what the culprit is.

Upon entering the upper floor of the Thieves' Guild in Athkatla, the Short Sword of Backstabbing +3 (+1 bonus to backstabbing) turns to a mundane Short Sword +3. The only way to prevent this is to drop the sword and go up to Renal without it, picking it up on the way back. This might be because Renal is supposed to give you a sword like that as a quest reward.

Upon googling, it seems my SS of Backstabbing is modified because the original sword apparently gives no other bonuses than +3. Hmmm.

Maybe all that should be chalked up to a heavily modded game?

IR/R gives the Short Sword of Backstabbing a backstabbing multiplier bonus. I have no clue why the sword would randomly turn into a Short Sword +3. It really happens just from entering the room?

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

It really happens just from entering the room?

Yes. I've tried it a few times. I'll test it again when I'm done with this playthrough (game version is 2.5) and do a fresh trilogy modded install with updated versions. Thanks for the headsup that it's IR. Maybe I'll have to install IRR next time to fix it :)

5 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Maybe I'll have to install IRR next time to fix it

That’s not what he said? IR and IRR are identical in this regard.

The original Short Sword of Backstabbing was just a +3 sword. (Just like the Whistling Sword was a simple sword +2… dunno why Bioware gave short swords such short shrift.) Some mod is scripted to give you a “Short Sword of Backstabbing” as a reward there, but maybe it only wants you to have one? So maybe it takes yours away and gives you a replacement, thinking it will be identical and not realizing your version is the modded IR one. It’s not IR doing this, though, it is some other mod in the stack. 

EDIT - this mean that other mod is not using the normal .itm file for its Sword of Backstabbing… why? Maybe it’s some mod that upgrades it?

Hi @subtledoctor. As far as I remember, I got this SSoBS from Slythe in BG1. So since then, it's been very useful to me because I have a F/T. I kept it throughout SoD.

Thanks for mentioning that the Whistling Sword is also something more than just +2. In my playthrough it's just that mundane version and I was wondering why the name. I'll google what the modified version does. IR/R should fix that, though, so I don't know what's troubling my installation, and I'm also not an expert to figure it out. My version is also outdated (2.5) so maybe on a new install, things will fall into place as they are supposed to. :)