SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Pretty sure it does - I use BUT_ONLY all the time, even when it’s not called for, and I’m pretty sure I see these warnings when I don’t suppress them. I think the warning occurs just from evaluating the changes, even if nothing is ultimately changed. (I could be mistaken, though.)

Edited by subtledoctor

My recent playing of BG2:EE multiplayer has illuminated me to the fact that the netcode in the Enhanced Editions is utterly atrocious, and that it's actually quite difficult to do something as simple as cast curing spells on your own characters because the game has trouble calculating where characters will be and when in multiplayer; as such, I have implemented a settings.ini tweak (defaulted to off) that allows ranged curing from either a short (10), medium (20), or long (30) distance. I coded it in such a way that it wouldn't be dependent upon SR/R and should install on any game successfully and correctly update the relevant spells, so anyone not using SRR that wants it feel free to let me know and I'll add it to my Bart_Tweaks or something so it may be used independently.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest razelfragel

Fire shield and Mestil's Acid Sheath seem to damage attacker's appropriately, but I'm not receiving immunity to Insect Swarm, Summon Insects, Carrion Swarm etc. (tested by summoning a nymph with Call Woodland Beings and casting Summon Insects on a shielded character).

1 hour ago, Guest razelfragel said:

Fire shield and Mestil's Acid Sheath seem to damage attacker's appropriately, but I'm not receiving immunity to Insect Swarm, Summon Insects, Carrion Swarm etc. (tested by summoning a nymph with Call Woodland Beings and casting Summon Insects on a shielded character).

oBG2, BG1EE, or BG2EE? I am currently in the middle of an EET run with SRR installed and they protect against the correct spells.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/swog4plw5e1ae5p/Baldur_oFjJHetmjb.mp4

I could take a look at your SPWI418.spl if you like.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest razelfragel
46 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

oBG2, BG1EE, or BG2EE? I am currently in the middle of an EET run with SRR installed and they protect against the correct spells.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/swog4plw5e1ae5p/Baldur_oFjJHetmjb.mp4

I could take a look at your SPWI418.spl if you like.

Sorry BG2EE. I appreciate any help you can give, and if possible could you show me how to add that specific effect (immunity to insects) to other custom spells like ko'dezza's caustic shell from the mod sod2bg2?

Also I apologize but I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file to my post, I'm new to this forum and I don't see an attach file feature.

2 minutes ago, Guest razelfragel said:

Sorry BG2EE. I appreciate any help you can give, and if possible could you show me how to add that specific effect (immunity to insects) to other custom spells like ko'dezza's caustic shell from the mod sod2bg2?

Also I apologize but I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file to my post, I'm new to this forum and I don't see an attach file feature.

You are a guest (i.e. unregistered), so you can't. You could use another file-hosting service (e.g. Google Drive) and link to it like I did though...but such services would also require registration to use, so unless you already have access to one...

Do you have any familiarity with file editing? You'd need a tool like Near Infinity or DLTCEP...and also editing the file would only work on this very specific install, not any others (as the edited file could not be brought over from one install to the next).

Guest razelfragel

Sorry I forgot to mention the software I use to make game edits are NearInfinity and EE Keeper. Could you possibly post your file for fire shield and acid sheath? I could drop them in my override and troubleshoot from there. I have a lot of mods installed, many of them overlapping with SRR like tome and blood, which could be the reason why theyre not working as intended.

1 hour ago, Guest razelfragel said:

Sorry I forgot to mention the software I use to make game edits are NearInfinity and EE Keeper. Could you possibly post your file for fire shield and acid sheath? I could drop them in my override and troubleshoot from there. I have a lot of mods installed, many of them overlapping with SRR like tome and blood, which could be the reason why theyre not working as intended.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t6ig3hd3t4og7ts/spwi418.spl https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lcqtvw88gsbdfrv/spwi524.spl

The name and description of both spells will be wrong doing it this way*, and you must make sure that Mestil's Acid Sheath overwrites the correct .spl resource (it's spwi524.spl for me, but it could well be spwi527.spl or something for you instead). Beyond that, I can't say for certain whether there will be any other unintended effects...I'd keep a backup of your original files just to make sure.

*Your dialog.tlk, where all strings like dialogue, creature names, item and spell names/descriptions are located, will be different from mine, so you may get totally random strings for them instead.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus hello

I think Chromatic Orb got either description wrong or effects for colors applied wrong: White is correct, Auqamarine - Wound (bleeding) insted of magnetism effect, Red - blindness instead of Wound (bleeding), Green - correct, Yellow - Magnetism effect instead of blindness. Violet and Blue i have not checked cuz i am in BG1 :) but i think they are worth checking.

Also, please, could you tell me if Sanctuary + Blade Barrier combo works as intended (i think its intended:) If i cast Blade Barrier first then Sanctuary both spells should remain on the character. The reason i am asking cuz in my fight vs Bassilus he precast Blade Barrier, Free action and Armor of Faith and then in the midst of the fight he cast Sanctuary but it wears off in 2 secs or so. He casted it again later and same thing happened. I first presumed it was due to active Balde Barrier on him but then i googled and found people were talking about Balde Barrier + Sanctuary combo. I am not sure if its SCS thing with precast settings or maybe SRR changed it somehow, could you please test it and corraborate/refute my assumption. 

8 hours ago, pochesun said:

Also, please, could you tell me if Sanctuary + Blade Barrier combo works as intended (i think its intended:) If i cast Blade Barrier first then Sanctuary both spells should remain on the character. The reason i am asking cuz in my fight vs Bassilus he precast Blade Barrier, Free action and Armor of Faith and then in the midst of the fight he cast Sanctuary but it wears off in 2 secs or so. He casted it again later and same thing happened. I first presumed it was due to active Balde Barrier on him but then i googled and found people were talking about Balde Barrier + Sanctuary combo. I am not sure if its SCS thing with precast settings or maybe SRR changed it somehow, could you please test it and corraborate/refute my assumption. 

Blade Barrier's description:

Note that invisibility or invisibility-like spells and effects such as Sanctuary and Invisibility will not function on the caster when protected by Blade Barrier. Furthermore, cleric/thieves and cleric/rangers who cast this will not be able to hide in shadows until the spell expires.

In other words, SCS doesn't respect this limitation (understandable that it would have no knowledge of it): there's nothing I can do about it besides remove the restriction entirely, which I don't think is sound spell design. An artifact of the two systems clashing.

8 hours ago, pochesun said:

I think Chromatic Orb got either description wrong or effects for colors applied wrong: White is correct, Auqamarine - Wound (bleeding) insted of magnetism effect, Red - blindness instead of Wound (bleeding), Green - correct, Yellow - Magnetism effect instead of blindness. Violet and Blue i have not checked cuz i am in BG1 :) but i think they are worth checking.

They are indeed messed up - thanks, will fix.

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

In other words, SCS doesn't respect this limitation (understandable that it would have no knowledge of it): there's nothing I can do about it besides remove the restriction entirely, which I don't think is sound spell design. An artifact of the two systems clashing.

Thx for explanation. The more i think about it the more reasonable current Blade Barrier rule looks to me. It was just funny to see Basillus casting Sanctuary when he got Balde Barrier up :)