SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

46 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Does IR change the Whistling Sword? In my current game with IRv4b10sd15 (that’s s mouthful) it is a bog-standard +2 weapon. IR really should improve it… but apparently it doesn’t. 

It does not. IRR gives it a "resist fear" aura, though I can't recall exactly what the idea behind it was (something in its lore?).

24 minutes ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus can protection from petrification scroll (spell scroll - blue one) be cast on anyone or only on the cacster (user) of the scroll? I thought anyone can be recipient of it but in my current game its automatically casted on the caster.

IR/R turns that scroll into Protection from Alteration, which offers protection against slow, polymorph, disintegration, and petrification. It may be used by all except for a Wizard Slayer, but may only target the one using it. In the original games, these scrolls could target other creatures besides the user, but IR changed them to always target the user. I don't know exactly why, but I don't really see the need to change it back.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

IR/R turns that scroll into Protection from Alteration, which offers protection against slow, polymorph, disintegration, and petrification. It may be used by all except for a Wizard Slayer, but may only target the one using it. In the original games, these scrolls could target other creatures besides the user, but IR changed them to always target the user. I don't know exactly why, but I don't really see the need to change it back.

i was talking about BLUE scroll (basically mage can learn it to memorize the spell, but it also can be used once): its name "protection from Petrification". When i try to use it it wont let me choose target, it automatically being cast on the caster. If we draw parallels with, for instance, protection from evil (blue) scroll - it can target other people. Also wording implies that it should allow targeting "this spell grants the recepient ...." and "area of effect : 1 creature" (not caster when its only for caster purposes).

4 hours ago, pochesun said:

i was talking about BLUE scroll (basically mage can learn it to memorize the spell, but it also can be used once): its name "protection from Petrification". When i try to use it it wont let me choose target, it automatically being cast on the caster. If we draw parallels with, for instance, protection from evil (blue) scroll - it can target other people. Also wording implies that it should allow targeting "this spell grants the recepient ...." and "area of effect : 1 creature" (not caster when its only for caster purposes).

Whoops, you're right - that's just an oversight, since it should be usable on anyone. The spell cast from spellbook can target anyone, but the scroll currently can't, will fix.

Hello, 

I just installed SRR on a clean version of bg2ee, and ran into an issue with the 'mage armor' spell. Selected it for a sorcerer PC, and it immediately begins casting it (Imoen does too, after casting stoneskin). However, although I do get an icon indicating it is active, it seems to have no effect, my AC is still 10. The AI script also keeps casting it, until it runs out of lvl1 spells to cast, so it doesn't seem to recognize it is active. 

21 minutes ago, Satrhan said:

Hello, 

I just installed SRR on a clean version of bg2ee, and ran into an issue with the 'mage armor' spell. Selected it for a sorcerer PC, and it immediately begins casting it (Imoen does too, after casting stoneskin). However, although I do get an icon indicating it is active, it seems to have no effect, my AC is still 10. The AI script also keeps casting it, until it runs out of lvl1 spells to cast, so it doesn't seem to recognize it is active. 

I'll need to take a look at spwi102.spl from your override. I can't see any obvious issue with the spell as it is right now, and I just tested it in my own install (on a Sorcerer even) and it seemed to work.

12 minutes ago, Satrhan said:

spwi102.spl 1.63 kB · 0 downloads

Here you go, thanks for taking a look.

Here's what the spell's effects look like in my game:

DLTCEP_bU7R6VEFlU.png

Effect 4 is your AC being set. Here is yours:

DLTCEP_1BVpgpQg6m.png

No AC is set, and additionally, you have unnecessary "protection from spell" effects added that are already taken care of by the "Remove: ..." effects. In oBG2, "Protection from Spell" is used to prevent the same spell (or similar spells) from stacking their effects by casting it multiple times (i.e. spwi102.spl will "protect" against spwi102.spl from being cast again while it's still alive), but in EE games, we have the new "Removal" effect where if you cast e.g. spwi414, spwi317, or spwi102, these spells will remove your currently active armor spell and replace it with a new instance. If you would like to do a changelog on spwi102.spl in order for to try to track down what other mods have modified the spell (just extract it to your game directory, run the .bat and type "spwi102.spl"), that would be helpful.

Here is a repaired version of the spell specifically for your game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/htfo3xv28lbwq8x/spwi102.spl Though I am unsure if this will prevent your Sorcerer's AI script from re-casting the spell over and over - if it doesn't, I wonder if the same issue would happen with a Mage that has it memorized multiple times.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Morgoth

Apologize for derailing the thread.

Bartimaeus, I remember you have published a changelog file after many tries where you said it took a lot of tries. Have you still got the changelog file? I m having some issues and it would be cool to have yours.

Log file path: WeiDU-FileChangelog\"spwi102.spl"-WeiDU-FileChangelog-2022-Aug-08.txt
[WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24700

Mods affecting SPWI102.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 18 (Revised v1.3.817)

It's a clean install otherwise, so no idea what could be affecting it.

7 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Apologize for derailing the thread.

Bartimaeus, I remember you have published a changelog file after many tries where you said it took a lot of tries. Have you still got the changelog file? I m having some issues and it would be cool to have yours.

I'm sorry, can you give me more context for what you're talking about? A changelog for what? Did you mean a weidu.log? If so, here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8dq8f9unynq0hcp/WeiDU.log It's made for BGT, but fundamentally, changing it to EET doesn't really do much...and this is my EET log, although it doesn't have as much (and isn't as thoroughly tested) because I made it for a multiplayer game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1cib21whh9ic77z/WeiDU EET.log (No, I don't know why almost all of the component names are set to question marks.)

7 hours ago, Satrhan said:

Log file path: WeiDU-FileChangelog\"spwi102.spl"-WeiDU-FileChangelog-2022-Aug-08.txt
[WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24700

Mods affecting SPWI102.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 18 (Revised v1.3.817)

It's a clean install otherwise, so no idea what could be affecting it.

Okay, weird. The last time spwi102.spl has been modified on GitHub was 10 months ago, long before 1.3.817 came out, so that shouldn't be it - our versions should be the same. Do you have any other mods installed? Not that it should really matter, because SR/R completely replaces the spell...always hate weird issues like this where there doesn't seem to be a clear reason why something is happening.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Morgoth

I'm reasonably sure you had asked one of the players of your mods to actually changelog a file. By changelogging I mean that by actually inserting the name of a file inside the "changelog", you get a report of which mods are touching that file.

Same work you are basically doing right now for

SPWI102.SPL: