SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

SCS spellcasters (with the exception of those who are deliberately scripted to always ignore invisibility, e.g. liches and powerful fiends) do not properly react to creatures hidden by stealth/Invisibility + Non-Detection even after casting a Detect Invisibility or True Seeing that grants them opcode 193

It's possible that SCS scripts effectively implement nondetection on their own by just ignoring someone who is nondetectable. That would be a shame because it would prevent spell mods from doing interesting things with the spell (see above). If it uses a stat or state to make that happen it can be removed, but probably only after SCS is installed. :down:

34 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

Share share share. You're putting it under your misc mods? Let's see what Bart is gonna say/do

I just added it to my current game to playtest, then if it doesn't mess things up I would put it in TnB's Revised Invisibility. This would make the cloak amazingly strong... but maybe the cloak deserves to be special? In my current game I am only adding it to the cloak, the spell itself is still "Protection from Divinations" and still just blocks your invisibility (and blur/MI) being dispelled, the spell won't stop people with op193 from targeting you.

I presume Bart wouldn't use such a thing because it would only work on the EE games. But of course he is welcome to do whatever he likes. Brainstorming is for everyone's benefit!

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

This has been more or less my experience every single time I've tested this. While this is...weird, convoluted, and certainly less than perfect, if you have stealth/Invisibility + Non-Detection running, Lavok instead directs his attention towards non-invisible characters, and thus it practically works as intended. If you're playing a solo character...I can definitely see this looking a little glitchy and being less than ideal, but I don't really have any avenues to fix it and it's "mostly" harmless. If there are people who have contrary experiences, I would very much like to hear about them - perhaps the circumstances I keep testing have been too narrow (for the record, this is the first time I've tested specifically Lavok; Tolgerias and his cronies were another, while I don't remember what was the last).

I'll test this out later on my BGT install.

Just to make sure I understand the behavior correctly. SRR non-detection states: 

"the wizard makes the recipient undetectable by spells such as Detect Invisibility, Invisibility Purge, and True Seeing"

and

"specific creatures affected with Detect Invisibility or True Seeing will still be able to target the recipient with spellcasting through their improved invisibility for as long as those spells are active, assuming the recipient has already revealed themselves"

Also, after a quick check, Lavok, unlike other liches, doesn't seem to have "Invisibility detection (193)". This might be different on your install. On mine it's not on either of his .cre's nor on any item he carries. BTW I've also noticed spellcasters trying to melee.

Assuming we're just facing a regular spellcaster without this opcode the expected behavior should be:

Any wizard with detect invis/true seeing would not be able to detect you until you commit a hostile action. At that point they would be able to target you with anti-magic spells only as per SCS rules. Creatures with op (193) would presumably not need detect invis/true seeing, but the latter targeting rule (only anti-magic) should still apply? Or maybe (193) allows targeting with any spell, I can't remember.  

Bart, this probably doesn't need to be said, but I noticed in your misc. files SR settings.ini you had "anti_magic_spells_pierce  = 0". I assume SCS corrects this behavior, but maybe not since it states in the readme v34 under Non-Spell Revisions changes:

"Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" and "These changes are made only if you are not playing with Spell Revisions."

I set this to 1 in my own game just to be safe.

1 hour ago, FixTesteR said:

"allowing the wearer to became"

Guess this is why typos happen - thanks!

Dav just straight up revealed Monty. I tried it two or three times. And then he started to attack him in melee, since at that point, Dav was out of spells. Monty's invisibility was due to Hide in Shadows. Is HiS different from spells II or I? Maybe that's the culprit. But I can't say if the problem is with the cloak or DI spell. This is where your help would be indispensable.

If Montaron was the only character in his line of sight, that probably figures. I wonder if you can backstab a creature if it can see you like this while it's currently targeting someone else.

To be honest, given how many issues it's caused over the years while just being overall pretty sketchy, I kind of just wish Non-Detection wasn't in these games. SD probably has the right idea in replacing it with a "you can't dispel illusions" concept instead.

Would it be hard to modify PfMW myself? I'd need NI and maybe change one line in the code?

SPWi611.spl, remove all but one of the #120 opcodes (Protection from Weapons), change it to type 1 and enchantment level 0.

54 minutes ago, WanderingScholar said:

Also, after a quick check, Lavok, unlike other liches, doesn't seem to have "Invisibility detection (193)". This might be different on your install. On mine it's not on either of his .cre's nor on any item he carries. BTW I've also noticed spellcasters trying to melee.

No, he does not, but in the scenario that I laid out, he was granted opcode 193 after casting SRR's True Seeing. Liches and certain other types of creatures (such as glabrezu) are supposed to be able to always see through invisibility, hence why they do not care. Meanwhile, Lavok's behavior even after getting opcode 193 does not include targeting invisible characters with spellcasting until the invisibility has been broken even when they have a 193 opcode active.

54 minutes ago, WanderingScholar said:

Bart, this probably doesn't need to be said, but I noticed in your misc. files SR settings.ini you had "anti_magic_spells_pierce  = 0". I assume SCS corrects this behavior, but maybe not since it states in the readme v34 under Non-Spell Revisions changes:

"Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" and "These changes are made only if you are not playing with Spell Revisions."

I set this to 1 in my own game just to be safe.

The idea in SR is that you're supposed to use Detect Invisibility or True Seeing in order for your mage to be able to target improved invisible characters. However, SCS's spellcasters as they are right now would be hamstrung by that limitation, and instead allows its spellcasters to forcibly use anti-magic spells (such as SW) on improved invisible characters; those settings are there just to allow the player to play by the same rules (or just make spellcasting battles less complicated).

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hi! Again, I know this is SR/R, but awhile ago, in my other installation, Marek's antidote didn't work. @Bartimaeus sent me an itm file for it and when I drank it, that made my quest complete and I was healed. Only the protagonist had to drink it, though you're always given 10 potions.

This time, the potion Marek drop doesn't work again. I still have Lothander's half. They don't combine. I had all my party members drink it, yet no Journal change. Should I EEKeeper in Marek's potion? Should I try finding the itm file @Bartimaeus sent me over a year ago? Is this a problem with IR?

Thanks, guys.

42 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

Hi! Again, I know this is SR/R, but awhile ago, in my other installation, Marek's antidote didn't work. @Bartimaeus sent me an itm file for it and when I drank it, that made my quest complete and I was healed. Only the protagonist had to drink it, though you're always given 10 potions.

This time, the potion Marek drop doesn't work again. I still have Lothander's half. They don't combine. I had all my party members drink it, yet no Journal change. Should I EEKeeper in Marek's potion? Should I try finding the itm file @Bartimaeus sent me over a year ago? Is this a problem with IR?

Thanks, guys.

Assuming you're playing an EE game, you're just supposed to drink "Marek's Potion of Antidote" to cure the poison. The item code is potn47; if you use that and it still doesn't work, let me know.

I have this potn47 item in these four folders:

EET_Fix, item_rev, override, weidu_external\cdtweaks

If you stick this into your override and use it, does it it work? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bvyfqgvc9xr6hvz/potn47.itm One other thing I wonder is if there might be some small difference between BG1:EE-only games and EET games that is complicating matters...

Edited by Bartimaeus
41 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

If you stick this into your override and use it, does it it work?

YES! Exactly like the last time on my old PC. You helped me back then, too. I didn't have this file after switching to a new PC. Thank you. After pasting it into override folder and starting up my game again, the existing two potions of Marek changed in looks, they became exactly as in my previous playthrough, and after drinking it, the quest was completed. It seems my installation always needs your file.

@subtledoctor, here's what I was able to gather from the change-log of IR. I don't have IRR.

TO DO LIST

V4 - Beta 10 (20 June 2017)
- Obsidian Ioun stone tweaked not to allow going below 0 HP

etc etc...

I can say that under TO DO LIST, there are things I definitely don't have in my game, and below that the version says 2017. Maybe Mod Installation Tool used the latest official version, but there are unofficial ones that fixed lots of things, including this one?

Anyway, I now have to keep Bart's file!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

EDIT: Thanks for saving my no-reload EET playthrough, Bart.

EDIT: One thing I remember, though, is that your version of Marek's antidote doesn't heal any other poison, so the other nine uses can only be sold or dropped.

EDIT: Or drunk for the kicks.

Edited by FixTesteR
11 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

YES! Exactly like the last time on my old PC. You helped me back then, too. I didn't have this file after switching to a new PC. Thank you. After pasting it into override folder and starting up my game again, the existing two potions of Marek changed in looks, they became exactly as in my previous playthrough, and after drinking it, the quest was completed. It seems my installation always needs your file.

@subtledoctor, here's what I was able to gather from the change-log of IR. I don't have IRR.

TO DO LIST

V4 - Beta 10 (20 June 2017)
- Obsidian Ioun stone tweaked not to allow going below 0 HP

etc etc...

I can say that under TO DO LIST, there are things I definitely don't have in my game, and below that the version says 2017. Maybe Mod Installation Tool used the latest official version, but there are unofficial ones that fixed lots of things, including this one?

Anyway, I now have to keep Bart's file!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

EDIT: Thanks for saving my no-reload EET playthrough, Bart.

EDIT: One thing I remember, though, is that your version of Marek's antidote doesn't heal any other poison, so the other nine uses can only be sold or dropped.

It doesn't? It casts POTN20.spl, which is the same .spl resource that the Potion of Antidote casts to cure poison so it should...well, whatever, I really don't know crap about non-Revised IR after all these years of using IRR given all the differences between the two, and this POTN47.itm is made for IRR, so I'm not gonna sweat it, :p. Glad it fixed your problem.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

You know how there is a nice webpage showing differences between vanilla and SR? Is there anything similar for IR vs IRR?

Not really, no. I think the second post of the IRR contains a kind of list of changes to items as well as the text of the original post before I wiped it which details some more generalized changes, but it's pretty wildly out of date.

Edited by Bartimaeus