SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

2 hours ago, pochesun said:

Hello, i was away for a while.

what is Source release v4.19rc1 ? :))Β 

also i have an idea. I found 1 tweak from bg tweak interesting: "disable hostile reaction after charm". I was wondering if its reasonable to implement it in SRR?

4.19rc1 is the latest version of the official version of SR.

"Disable hostile reaction after charm" was one of the very first things I ever did in SRR, to my memory - always been a part of it. However, you'd be forgiven for not noticing given that I don't think I ever changed the description of charm spells to make note of it, I think mostly because that tweak didn't either.

Edited by Bartimaeus
22 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

here's what I was able to gather from the change-log of IR. I don't have IRR.

TO DO LIST

V4 - Beta 10 (20 June 2017)
- Obsidian Ioun stone tweaked not to allow going below 0 HP

etc etc...

I can say that under TO DO LIST, there are things I definitely don't have in my game, and below that the version says 2017. Maybe Mod Installation Tool used the latest official version, but there are unofficial ones that fixed lots of things, including this one?

I don't know anything about the to-do list or any of that. All I know is, the last version of IR was uploaded in 2017 as you said. Yes there is an unofficial version that fixes lots of things, it is the one I linked to, I uploaded it in 2021 and AFAIK it cures every bug that was identified in the IRv4 thread in the four years between 2017 and 2021. (You can see the bugfixes inΒ the commit history, and yes the Marek Potion fix is there.) I don't know what the Mod Installation Tool is, but next time you install a game with IR, use my version of IR instead of G3's version.

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

"Disable hostile reaction after charm" was one of the very first things I ever did in SRR, to my memory - always been a part of it. However, you'd be forgiven for not noticing given that I don't think I ever changed the description of charm spells to make note of it, I think mostly because that tweak didn't either.

This is interesting.

That is one of the ToBEx engine changes. You mean that SRR allows for it without ToBEx?

3 hours ago, Salk said:

This is interesting.

That is one of the ToBEx engine changes. You mean that SRR allows for it without ToBEx?

Uh...no, because both SR(R) and IR(R) automatically install ToBEx if it's not already installed, while the EEs already have the functionality, so it's just a matter of actually using the correct mode/type with the charm opcode, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Salk said:

Yes, of course.Β πŸ™‚

I misunderstood the ""Disable hostile reaction after charm" was one of the very first things I ever did in SRR part...Β :beer:

Understandable: from what I know, ToBEx enables it for use but doesn't actually do so, so you would have to use BGT Tweaks (or SRR) to make use of it. There is probably at least one other mod or two that also makes use of it, I would imagine.

Edited by Bartimaeus
16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Yes there is an unofficial version that fixes lots of things, it is the one I linked to

Wonderful! Thanks! I downloaded it now.

next time you install a game with IR, use my version of IR instead of G3's version.

Just to be clear. I download IR, then copy your fixes (files and folders) over IR, then install?

You can see the bugfixes inΒ the commit history

One fix says "ammo stacks = 80 in EEs". That won't conflict with my settings of 120, right?

There are two problems I discovered with IR:

Malakar's Companion looks like a short sword and has 1d8 instead of 1d10. Cleric's staff +3 doesn't seem to hit as a +3 weapon. I couldn't hit adamantite golem.

Β 

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Understandable: from what I know, ToBEx enables it for use but doesn't actually do so, so you would have to use BGT Tweaks (or SRR) to make use of it. There is probably at least one other mod or two that also makes use of it, I would imagine.

I used to install the BGT Tweak component for it because I didn't know you took care of that inside SRR. One thing to remove from my installation list then.Β :beer:

2 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Just to be clear. I download IR, then copy your fixes (files and folders) over IR, then install?

No - it is not like Bart's IRR project. My fork is IR - just a better version of it. So you don't need IR at all, just download and install my version.

One fix says "ammo stacks = 80 in EEs". That won't conflict with my settings of 120, right?

Just to make this crystal clear:

• BG1 ammo stacks were 20
  • BG2 ammo stacks were 40
  • EE ammo stacks are 80
  • IR was designed for BG2 so it sets default ammo stacks at to 40
  • My version of IR will change that to 80 if it detects being installed on an EE game

I don't know how you change stacksΒ  to 120 - I would guess with CDTweaks? But the same rule for my version of IR holds for the base version: you can change the stack size to whatever you want, as long as you do so after IR is installed.

Malakar's Companion looks like a short sword and has 1d8 instead of 1d10.

It's a wakizashi, not a katana. IR wakizashis do 1d8 damage and have the straight "short sword" equipped appearance.

Cleric's staff +3 doesn't seem to hit as a +3 weapon.

Indeed! Good catch, its enchantment value is only 2. I'll fixΒ  this ASAP.

Edited by subtledoctor
5 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Cleric's staff +3 doesn't seem to hit as a +3 weapon.

Indeed! Good catch

How did you confirm that so quickly? Do you ctrl+J around the game? Or do you just go to ToB, console in the staff, console in the golem? Or is there an .ini that you check?

On 11/22/2022 at 1:59 AM, Bartimaeus said:

4.19rc1 is the latest version of the official version of SR.

So, as far as i understand, now i have to instal 4.19rc1 and then SRR on top of it (with all required files being overwritten) instead of SRV4 and the SRRΒ on top of it (with all required files being overwritten)? So basicaly i never touch SRV4 ever again?

I would like to clarify what "hostile reaction" means :)Β For instance, i tried to attack a merchant and then i cast charm on him/her and then, after charm effect expires, that merchant will not have "red" circle and will behvae the same way he/she behaved before i attacked?

Also, wanted to ask about BG1 NPC Project. I wanted to try it but i dont know how it will behave with SCS, IRR and SRR. Does it have any conflicts with those? Also, whats the best order to install it if i use SCS, IRR, SRR and very limited components of CDTWEAKS (Tweaks Anthology)?Β 

Edited by pochesun
15 minutes ago, pochesun said:

I would like to clarify what "hostile reaction" means :)Β For instance, i tried to attack a merchant and then i cast charm on him/her and then, after charm effect expires, that merchant will not have "red" circle and will behvae the same way he/she behaved before i attacked?

No, their reaction is whatever it was before you charmed them. If it was neutral, then they're neutral; if they were hostile, then they're hostile. In other words, the automatic hostile reaction is disabled. While hostile -> neutral charm would be an interesting idea, it's not something the charm opcode can accomplish by itself and would take some scripting trickery. It wouldn't be a desirable change for me due to sequence-breaking that it would cause, and the fact that charm isn't really supposed to have a lasting effect once the duration is over AFAIK.

19 minutes ago, pochesun said:

So, as far as i understand, now i have to instal 4.19rc1 and then SRR on top of it (with all required files being overwritten) instead of SRV4 and the SRRΒ on top of it (with all required files being overwritten)? So basicaly i never touch SRV4 ever again?

Either version as a base works fine, it should not make any difference, but yes, you can switch to 4.19rc1 and never touch the old version again, :).

19 minutes ago, pochesun said:

Also, wanted to ask about BG1 NPC Project. I wanted to try it but i dont know how it will behave with SCS, IRR and SRR. Does it have any conflicts with those? Also, whats the best order to install it if i use SCS, IRR, SRR and very limited components of CDTWEAKS (Tweaks Anthology)?Β 

Sorry, I have no idea, as I haven't ever used the BG1 NPC Project. Actually, I think I did install it once, but the writing style didn't even remotely try to stay in the style of the BG series and it was very jarring for me, so it got yanked pretty early. I don't really see why there would be an issue, though. Install order from original post:

On 9/7/2018 at 1:30 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Your general install order (excluding ToBEx/BG2 Fixpack/1pp/BGT if you're playing an Enhanced Edition game) should look something like this:

1. ToBEx
  2. BG2 Fixpack
  3. Baldur's Gate Trilogy
  4. Ascension
  5. BG1UB (and other BG1 content mods)
  6. Unfinished Business
  7. Quest Pack (and other BG2 content mods)
  8. Rogue Rebalancing
  9. 1pp (EXCEPT for the "Smart Avatar & Armour Switching" component)
  10. Item Revisions (main component)
  11. Spell Revisions (main component)
  12. Infinity Animations (main component)
  13. Spell Revisions (secondary components - key here is to be before SCS if you're using it)
  14. Item Revisions (secondary components - key here is to be before EET_END if you're using it)
  15. Anthology Tweaks
  16. Sword Coast Stratagems
  17. atweaks
  18. polytweak
  19. Infinity Animations (secondary components)
  20. 1pp/Anthology Tweaks ("Smart Avatar & Armour Switching" component / "Avatar Morphing Script")