SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

7 hours ago, Chosen said:

I made quick install to try "Mild petrification overhaul",but i dont it works right now. I think patch deletes petrification effect from dvbaspet.spl even for petrification=0 option but doesn't replace it with anything. Maybe an early loop end at line 81? I know It is not released yet so if it not finished you can ignore this.

Thanks! You more or less got it right: I forgot to move a few blocks above that END at line 81. Basilisks' petrification is only supposed to be changed if you use option 1 or 2, so they still instantly petrify if you use option 0. Should be fixed now.

3 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Is this the name of a mod? Or what mod is this a part of? :)

Just the name of a commit on GitHub for SRR.

1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Gian Spiders (when lay infect effect on target or throw web) say: "Your death if you dont keep still and quiet...." False string again, i presume.

Summoned Giant Spiders from MS4, or non-summoned found in the game world?

18 hours ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus i got a question about Mirror Image spell. If a mage is protected by Mirror Image it affects only enemy attacks right? Friendly creatures always can hit the original and ignore copies?

In BG2EE at least, not even self-targeted spells will pierce through Mirror Image (e.g. casting Flame Arrow on yourself after casting Mirror Image will likely have the flame arrow hit one of your images).

On 3/10/2023 at 8:04 AM, pochesun said:

non summoned one

SR overwrites Spiders' Web Tangle (SPIN683.spl), which...yes, does have the string you're talking about. Guess I need to freshly string it. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

In BG2EE at least, not even self-targeted spells will pierce through Mirror Image (e.g. casting Flame Arrow on yourself after casting Mirror Image will likely have the flame arrow hit one of your images).

I see. I was asking cuz i was fighting Drassus party and Drassus alwas could "find and hit" the original target ignoring copies. I have no idea why was that (maybe SCS gives him ability to discern copies or something). Also in the description of the spell its said that enemies can choose the real caster among all the images but remains vague for me what precondition for that are.

Also, i would like to make suggestion: increase the duration of True Strike at least for 1 round (from 3 to 4). Spell is very interesting and can be useful in many situations by different class combinations and do differnt cool tricks with it (ghoul touch combo for instance etc) but, from my experience, short duration really limits its usefulness: in game, especially on high difficulty with SCS often you have to maneuver on the battlefield and waste priceless seconds of that spell while in effect. I understand that for level 1 spell it cant be too overpowered for mid game (even in late game with long duration it could be super strong) but, in my opinion, it should last a bit longer than 3 rounds.

Edited by pochesun
On 3/11/2023 at 12:49 PM, pochesun said:

was fighting Drassus party and Drassus alwas could "find and hit" the original target ignoring copies. I have no idea why was that (maybe SCS gives him ability to discern copies or something)

There’s not really any facility to see through copies. Only thing I know of that affects images is Luck. If you have negative Luck then images don’t protect well. Positive Luck and they protect as well as Stoneskin. So watch out for enemies casting Chant or Curse or Malison

Edited by subtledoctor

Basically (in the EE), the attacker rolls 1dN where N is the number of images, and adds the defender's luck. If that modified roll is 1 or less, the real target is hit. If that roll is 2 or more, the attack hits an image.

Some spells (there's a specific flag for it) flat out ignore mirror images and always hit the original. This is generally used for area effects like Fireball.

The easiest way to get negative luck is fatigue. Did you, by any chance, travel shortly before the Drasus encounter and accumulate fatigue that way? Or maybe one of the two mages in that encounter cast a spell that inflicted negative luck on you.

14 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

There’s not really any facility to see through copies. Only thing I know of that affects images is Luck. If you have negative Luck then images don’t protect well. Positive Luck and they protect as well as Stoneskin. So watch out for enemies casting Chant or Curse or Malison. 

thx, i dont think Malison affects it though, maybe i am wrong. 

3 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Basically (in the EE), the attacker rolls 1dN where N is the number of images, and adds the defender's luck. If that modified roll is 1 or less, the real target is hit. If that roll is 2 or more, the attack hits an image.

Some spells (there's a specific flag for it) flat out ignore mirror images and always hit the original. This is generally used for area effects like Fireball.

The easiest way to get negative luck is fatigue. Did you, by any chance, travel shortly before the Drasus encounter and accumulate fatigue that way? Or maybe one of the two mages in that encounter cast a spell that inflicted negative luck on you.

thx, good to know that formula, i was not aware it calculated that way. 

I think i did traveled quite extensively before that fight and did not rest. I usually try to play with minimum rest and rest only in taverns :)  I think i might have accumulated fatigue and that explains it.

@Bartimaeus what would you say about my suggestion regarding True Strike i posted above? In case you missed it i repost it again here :

increase the duration of True Strike at least for 1 round (from 3 to 4). Spell is very interesting and can be useful in many situations by different class combinations and do differnt cool tricks with it (ghoul touch combo for instance etc) but, from my experience, short duration really limits its usefulness: in game, especially on high difficulty with SCS often you have to maneuver on the battlefield and waste priceless seconds of that spell while in effect. I understand that for level 1 spell it cant be too overpowered for mid game (even in late game with long duration it could be super strong) but, in my opinion, it should last a bit longer than 3 rounds.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:53 AM, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus what would you say about my suggestion regarding True Strike i posted above? In case you missed it i repost it again here :

increase the duration of True Strike at least for 1 round (from 3 to 4). Spell is very interesting and can be useful in many situations by different class combinations and do differnt cool tricks with it (ghoul touch combo for instance etc) but, from my experience, short duration really limits its usefulness: in game, especially on high difficulty with SCS often you have to maneuver on the battlefield and waste priceless seconds of that spell while in effect. I understand that for level 1 spell it cant be too overpowered for mid game (even in late game with long duration it could be super strong) but, in my opinion, it should last a bit longer than 3 rounds.

I think 3 rounds can arguably be too long. But I most likely wouldn't ever use it with a pure mage/sorcerer unless I had Melf's Minute Meteors up, which probably influences how I use it: with a mage- or fighter-thief that can have better HP/AC and multiple attacks per round with their normal weapons, 3 rounds is a pretty good chunk of time to get a +4 THAC0 bonus for a level 1 spell. Actually, that's part of why I left its duration alone - at level 1, your base THAC0 at 20 is trash and increasing it by 4 is helpful but you're still pretty likely to miss a lot of attacks, and your APR is going to be bad so the spell needs to be a few rounds long to be in any way worth casting. Compared to a level 1 1D4+1 Magic Missile, 3 rounds seems about right. But compared to a level 9 5D4+1 Magic Missile...well, if your character already has good physical damage output, True Strike being an instant cast at 3 rounds duration can still be a pretty good value if used against difficult to hit enemies - the issue is if your character doesn't, then the spell doesn't offer much. It's a bit difficult to get right later on in the game.

It's actually not terrible at level 1. It changes your thac0 to 16, which is good enough for a ~55% chance to hit a bandit or wolf, and a ~75% chance to hit things like gibberlings. That's a better to-hit chance than a fighter with 18/00  strength. Of course the fighter will have 3/2 APR and do more damage. But still, as far as the increase in damage output at 1st level, this probably edges out Magic Missile/Larloch's Drain/Shocking Grasp/Chill Touch. If you have one spell and are anticipating using in in one fight between Candlekeep and the FAI, it's not the worst pick.

Still, I remember when the duration was only one round. I kind of think this would be better as a proper, single True Strike. I.e. give you an automatic crit, once, and then go away. Unfortunately that is an EE-only proposition...

37 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

It's actually not terrible at level 1. It changes your thac0 to 16, which is good enough for a ~55% chance to hit a bandit or wolf, and a ~75% chance to hit things like gibberlings. That's a better to-hit chance than a fighter with 18/00  strength. Of course the fighter will have 3/2 APR and do more damage. But still, as far as the increase in damage output at 1st level, this probably edges out Magic Missile/Larloch's Drain/Shocking Grasp/Chill Touch. If you have one spell and are anticipating using in in one fight between Candlekeep and the FAI, it's not the worst pick.

Still, I remember when the duration was only one round. I kind of think this would be better as a proper, single True Strike. I.e. give you an automatic crit, once, and then go away. Unfortunately that is an EE-only proposition...

I personally use the shorter duration version that gives a +10 THAC0 bonus instead, but I have not included it in SRR. A guaranteed critical hit seems it could be...strong for backstabbing.

15 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I personally use the shorter duration version that gives a +10 THAC0 bonus instead, but I have not included it in SRR. A guaranteed critical hit seems it could be...strong for backstabbing.

I actually might like shorter duration but significantly more noticable boost to Thac0 even more. Worth considering to make it that way maybe.