Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

May we get more kits for multiclass Druids, Mages, and Sors?  I like the notion of Druid/Specialty Wizard, Druid/Dragon Disciple, Druid/Magus, specialty Druid/Mage like Hivekeeper/Mage, and specialty Druid/Sor like Desert Druid/Sor.  Similarly, this goes for Paladin kit/Mage, Paladin kit/Sor, Ranger kit/Mage, and Ranger kit/Sor (like Inquisitor of Azuth/Mage or Paladin/Dragon Disciple or Ranger/Magus).

Thankee!

I'm under the impression that if you install the druid kits and the "convert NPCs to new kit components", Jaheira is converted to a Fighter/Forest Druid and she doesn't seem to be able to use scimitars anymore.

Note that I did install the fnp_multiclass mod, I don't know if it plays a role there (I couldn't install it because it complained about more than 255 kits)

I think the druid kits don’t have scimitar proficiency, they get flails and bows instead.

You can change this before installing by changing the item use code for each kit in faiths_and_powers/lib/kits_new_druids.tpa. After installing, you can edit weapprof.2da for proficiencies and the d5_u_… spell file mentioned in d5drfor.2da.

EDIT - clearly this is catching people by surprise, and I guess some players expect to be able to use Belm with druids. So as much as I personally think it is terrible, in the next update I’ll restore scimitar usability for druid kits. 

Edited by subtledoctor
1 minute ago, mickabouille said:

Would that fix an existing installation or would I need to reinstall?

Just new installs going forward.

For an existing game:

1) Edit weapprof.2da, find the column for Forest Druid, set the scimitar row to 1 (or whatever level you want)

2) Open d5drfor.2da and look for an entry with “AP_D5_U” and then a number. So “D5_U67” or something like that. 

3) Find that spell - “D5_U67.SPL” or whatever - in NI and edit the spell. It will have an opcode 181 effect blocking the use of scimitars. Delete this effect from the spell. 

Done. Jaheira can use scimitars now. (You’ll have to repeat these three steps for any other druid kits you want to use scimitars. Other kits have different columns in weapprof.2da and different “D5_U…” spells.)

4 hours ago, mickabouille said:

I guess this also overrides the tweaks anthology component "Change Equipment Restrictions for Druid Multi- and Dual-Classes"?

Even if this one is installed later ?

Yes. Instead of using that Tweaks component, you would edit the item use assignments in faiths_and_powers/lib/kits_new_druids.tpa before installing FnP. It’s not too hard to see what needs editing. 

I’ll look into adding code to Tweaks that will allow it to work from that direction as well. Tweaks isn’t updated very often though, do for now you’re better off controlling this via FnP. 

Also, worth noting: this discussion assumes that you installed the FnP “change priest weapon usability” component. If you don’t install that, then the Tweaks component will work fine. 

I tried creating a cleric and the game freezes in character creation, upon spell selection:

Spoiler

Baldr013.thumb.jpg.82ea58eb68a60568a908a57a9b54c8e7.jpg

Only one spell shows and the game becomes unresponsive. I don't know if it's a FnP bug or if it has to do with something else. Could it be the Dragonspear UI? Attaching my Weidu.log if that's of interest.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Quester

I've always had a tricky time getting sphere system mods to play nice with other mods (leaving may kits/classes in a state of no spells at all showing up), granted I haven't thoroughly tested/tried out any of the new combos (I think there are 5 or 6 sphere systems to choose from now).  My last install used the first option iirc (and I had to uninstall it).

I wonder if there could be an alternative to limiting spells that still integrated a sphere system in some way - something like "Cast spells belonging to your sphere at level * 1.5, cast spells not of your sphere at level * 0.5" - that way there wouldn't be any issues with invalid spell tables, but just "at cast" time checks on how effective the spell would be.

8 hours ago, Quester said:

I tried creating a cleric and the game freezes in character creation, upon spell selection:

Here I am installing and debugging and I didn't look at your picture. Yeah, you need to just memorize the one spell multiple times to move past that screen. Once the game starts, you can change your spells and then use a one-time innate ability to memorize the new ones instead. Then play as normal.

As far as the screen freezing and the  app becoming unresponsive: I've never seen  any behavior like that, and I don't think this mod could cause that. Could be the UI mod? Maybe it expects more spells to be available, or it tries to automatically populate the memorized spells, or something?

EDIT - yeah, looking at that picture again, I bet it's the UI. The way it lays out spells in that grid, instead of in a list, is quite different - and a bit weird! Like, what if you want to memorize one spell more than once? That UI doesn't seem to permit that. (And unfortunately, for various structural reasons for which there is no workaround, memorizing one spell more than once is required for this or any sphere system to work. Is that Pecca's UI mod? I would drop a note to him mentioning this issue, I imagine it shouldn't be hard to make it work.

EDIT 2 - maybe it actually works, but you/we just don't know how it works? Can you click that one spell multiple times, to memorize it more than once? Or right-click, or something like that? Pecca probably included some method to do that...

Edited by subtledoctor