Beta Testing Issues

@jastey Thanks that helped! I always ended in the still locked compartments on the right and could not leave the area without cheating, but in the end everything worked out and the Fire Elemental has been send home! Two additional points:

The guard on top of the tower will create a different journal entry than everybody else (No „the“ in „Fire Elemental in the Seatower Storeroom“)

Could you please add a big blinking red arrow to point at the barrel? You have no idea how often I overlooked this thing (despite pressing Tab...). Or maybe just tell me to get glasses...

I will keep a save from before the quest (and from before entering the tower), so if you want me to do some testing to help you figure out what went wrong, let me know!

@Ser Thomas thanks for the info!

Tat's a kind offer, but I am clueless what would have gone wrong. I need to have a look at whether the script uses a wrong door name, but since it's all custom areas I wouldn't know why it didn't work for you on BGT. I think I tested this for BG:EE were it worked, and I know of some BGT players who also finished the quest, so 🤷‍♀️

I'm enjoying the beginning of this mod immensely - especially as the only person the cook would talk to in my party was the dwarf 😆

I've struck a problem with the Fire Elemental. I figured out I needed to fireproof the barrel, but I can't get the fletcher to do this even though I have the potion of fire resistance. I saw in the readme I need to finsih the Feathers for the Fletcher quest first, but I can't get her to give me this quest. She says she could use some help if I am willing, but I don't have any response to that in my dialogue choices.

Edited by kiwidoc_again
5 hours ago, kiwidoc_again said:

I've struck a problem with the Fire Elemental. I figured out I needed to fireproof the barrel, but I can't get the fletcher to do this even though I have the potion of fire resistance. I saw in the readme I need to finsih the Feathers for the Fletcher quest first, but I can't get her to give me this quest. She says she could use some help if I am willing, but I don't have any response to that in my dialogue choices.

Sounds like a bug. Noted.

Prison entry: yes, we will be thinking about something. I guess a description in the journal entry as to how to reach it would be a good start.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've gone back to the beginning and made sure I talked to the fletcher before doing anything else, and this time it worked fine. Maybe its the order I was doing things, or maybe I missed my chance earlier being in such a rush.

Safana's been picking every pocket she can - thanks for the nice surpise!

Edited by kiwidoc_again
43 minutes ago, kiwidoc_again said:

Maybe its the order I was doing things, or maybe I missed my chance earlier being in such a rush.

I'll address this in a later version. Order should not lead to problems, there seems to be an oversight in the dialogue. Thanks for the report!

43 minutes ago, kiwidoc_again said:

Safana's been picking every pocket she can - thanks for the nice surpise!

Although my attention was brought to this topic before (i.e. to add nice pickpocket items to quest cres) I'm not aware we added anything in particular on purpose (yet). So whatever you found is probably because I forgot to clear the inventory after copying a cre, haha. If you find anything that looks like an oversight please let us know.

Also, thanks for the kind words!

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

Although my attention was brought to this topic before (i.e. to add nice pickpocket items to quest cres) I'm not aware we added anything in particular on purpose (yet). So whatever you found is probably because I forgot to clear the inventory after copying a cre, haha. If you find anything that looks like an oversight please let us know.

Also, thanks for the kind words!

I WAYYYYY prefer catching rabbits to herding cats :) And I like Betsy as well - when I was at med school I refused to kill the white rat we'd used to do psychology experiments.

The fletcher had a composite bow +1 - a nice catch but not too nice, in that it's not nearly as powerful as the +2 version and you have to buy that.

btw a very minor but rather funny typo - the mum calls the girl at the well sweaty (as in covered in persperation) rather than sweety.

11 minutes ago, kiwidoc_again said:

the mum calls the girl at the well sweaty

Oh - lol!! Not all texts were proofread yet. Thanks for the info! I won't do an emergency update for that although that typo is really hilarious! EDIT: can't see it in my local copy, so it should be already corrected in the current version.

Thanks again for the kind words.

I've run into another small problem. Even though I've cleared the elemental and got the ale, I still can't get into the locked areas in the Inn's wine cellar.

I have a suggestion to make. If a quest involves something that is accessed well before you can actually enter the tower some kind of hint about keeping the object would help. I've long since killed the sea troll be the shipwreck, and I can't go back to Davaern's as it is now flooded, so I can't complete the liquor quest and the wich quest. This is irritating, and is one of the few places where the actual storyline of a quest bugged me. And I can't find a bloody winterwolf anywhere :(

Edited by kiwidoc_again

@kiwidoc

-the stalls in the storeroom are not accessble in the open beta, they will be in the v1.

-the plum liqueur is not at Daveorn's, it's in Ye Olde Inn (SW Baldur's Gate or AR1113 in BG:EE). The old readme description was wrong.

-item code for the sea troll thingie is "bswnchft". What exactly would help you in the item description to make you keep it? My naive assumption was that people would hold on (or stow it accordingly) to items that seem to have a purpose, e.g.the gland's description is "[it] is said to exceptionally protect metal against water". In v1 there will be more trolls, and now that I think about it, another troll could be spawned at the same area after receiving the quest from the winchman in case the first one was already killed. That's a good idea I think.

Me again :) Isall of the  confronting the slaverssection available yet? Firs t time through I got Shucks brother back by buying him, and then rold the comander he was a witness when I reported the slavers. However when I looked at the readme I saw you could work with the lavers. I tried working with the mugglers, but never got called to see Leonhard. If I went uncalled for buying the brother was my only dialogue tree option - anything else wouldn't work.

To work with the slavers you need to finish the brother quest (either bying him free or waiting too long), and you also need to work for the smugglers. After finishing all smuggler quests, there should be a messenger in one of the city areas (and from v. eaob.6 this includes the Seatower area) I think two days later inviting you to Leonhard.

It should be possible to do most of the slavers stuff parallel: you can tell the commander, work with the commander, get the gold for Shuck's brother from the commander, and work with the salvers all in one go.