Beta Testing Issues

Guest 311stylee

@jastey in your release both the bs-baldurans-seatower-veaob.5.zip and "Source code (zip)" files still contain the old face.ids file.  Maybe the others do too?  I can see the files you changed in your repo though and will just test downloading and replacing them manually. 

Guest 311stylee

Weird, it appears the conflict now involves Fishing for Trouble. I get the same warnings as before with: DLC + EET + Fishing + BST + Aura BG1 + EET End

But the following are fine (in this order):
DLC + EET + BST + Aura BG1 + EET End
DLC + EET + Fishing + Aura BG1 + EET End

Fishing's Face.ids file looks like yours did before your update (e.g. WSW instead of SSW) but it works with Aura BG1 just fine somehow. 

Guest 311stylee

Did some more tests.  The following don't work:
DLC + EET + BST + Fishing + EET End
DLC + EET + BST + Fishing + Aura + EET End

And these do work:
DLC + EET + Fishing + BST + EET End
DLC + EET + Fishing + BST + Aura + EET End

So maybe I can get by with the last install for now, installing Fishing for Trouble before BST.

11 hours ago, Guest 311stylee said:

Did some more tests.  The following don't work:
DLC + EET + BST + Fishing + EET End
DLC + EET + BST + Fishing + Aura + EET End

And these do work:
DLC + EET + Fishing + BST + EET End
DLC + EET + Fishing + BST + Aura + EET End

So maybe I can get by with the last install for now, installing Fishing for Trouble before BST.

Yes, the old face.ids provided in BST is the same as the one in Fishing for Trouble, so FfT is bound to produce the same error in an EE(T) install. You solved it by replacing the one in the game with the (correct) BST one by installing it after FfT. You could also replace the face.ids in FfT with the corrected one from BST vEAOB.5 to make it independent on install order.

11 hours ago, Lauriel said:

This looks like they're just copying the file over what's there instead of checking for then adding new lines where needed.  Not a fan of that...

Me neither. For BST, this will be improved for the release. For FfT, I'm tagging @AL|EN who maintains the mod currently.

Hi,

As you speak about face.ids, would it be possible to harmonized this file? It is not game breaking but it may leads to double entries in action.ids and warnings with classic game.

• As you know, in BGEE (also in SCS and ascension), its name is dir.ids and action.ids entries are for exemple: 7.CreateCreatureEffect(S:NewObject*,S:Effect*,P:Location*,I:Face*Dir)
  • In addition in classic BG2, this ids file (dir or face) leads to warnings: the BGEE denomination is not the same as the classic one. BGEE use SEE instead of ESE, SWW instead of WSW, NEE instead of ENE and NWW instead of WNW.

I am not sure if it will work as intended, but Would it be possible to add something like this dir.ids :

IDS
0 S
1 SSW
2 SW
3 WSW
3 SWW
4 W
5 WNW
5 NWW
6 NW
7 NNW
8 N
9 NNE
10 NE
11 ENE
11 NEE
12 E
13 ESE
13 SEE
14 SE
15 SSE

The strange things, in those warnings are that normally, classic bg should use integers for directions, not letters... but after installing mods that changes actions.ids by adding dir.ids or face.ids like in this mod, I've got warnings like WNW, ENE, ESE and WSW does not exits.

This is maybe why BGEE introduce a dir.ids. Normally in internationals conventions, you write ENE and not NEE.