Skills and Abilities Mod

Guest morpheus562

I’ve toyed with the idea of revamping Turn Undead. It is very frustrating that, while Bard Song is super moddable, Turn Undead is completely hard-coded. Imagine how cool it would be if you could use something like the Switch Song opcode to change the effect of Turning?

What I would do (still might do, if I get around to it) is disable the existing undead and make a whole stable of replacement divine toggle abilities. Systematize them - like the bard songs in Might & Guile - and then give appropriate versions to each kit. Lathander clerics could do False Dawn every round while active, harming undead and also a chance to blind living enemies. Talos clerics could do something like Static Charge, a chance to electrocute an enemy every round. Helm clerics could do True Seeing or something. 

And they could be upgraded or changed over time, or even let players learn more than one, like IWD/MnG bards. 

Sigh… it would be a pretty great addition to Faiths & Powers… there’s just not enough time in the day.

Edited by subtledoctor

@morpheus562 building on your rework of weapon proficiencies—have you thought about implementing true P&P Grand Mastery? The engine wouldn’t normally support it so it would require some wizardry on Bubb’s part, but I think it would be pretty awesome.

(Mad kudos if the aforementioned wizardry extends to the damage calculation and display in the character inventory / record)

In P&P, Grand Mastery was described in the AD&D Combat And Tactics handbook as giving 1 extra attack per round and increasing the weapon’s damage die size by one category.

No other bonus was mentioned, so you’d strip any extra bonus to attack, damage or speed factor present in the game for Grand Mastery.

The ApR is already there (well, half of it unless you used the True Grandmastery component from Tweaks Anthology) so the tricky part would be the damage die size increase, which would require enabling in the engine first (hence Bubb’s wizardry requirement.)

Edited by Andrea C.