Tweaks Anthology v14 Released

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of nearly 200 components of cosmetic changes, house rules, and other tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed changes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

Version 13 features a major--and awesome--revamp of Unique Icons [Lava], thanks primarily to Lava, as well as some miscellaneous bugfixes.

Version 14 Changelog

"I can hit you over the head until you think that's what happened."

• Just an embarassingly dumb copy-paste meant that Unique Icons [Lava] was not doing anything on BG/BG2 games.

Version 13 Changelog

"No! My cheating unit malfunctioned! You gotta give me a do-over!"

• Instead of grabbing icons from other games, Unique Icons now features over 330 beautiful new icons from Lava and has been re-designated Unique Icons [Lava]. Check out the new documentation to see all of the changes.
  • Updates to the Polish and Russian translations, courtesy of m-architek and abalabokhin
  • Fixed a bug where a couple of components interacted badly with malformed kit ability tables
  • Fixed a couple of bugs with Friendly Random Drops; specifically a few drops were being missed due to a combination of factors
  • Fixed a bug with the Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn on EET; specifically the component was patching the BG2 dialogues of the EE NPCs instead of their BG dialogues
  • Updated the master armor list with an update to Grumbar's Defense
Edited by CamDawg
v14

Damn, I can't even imagine playing the game without those unique icons at this point. The creativity into them is amazing and even as a modder, I'll probably look at them for reference in terms of what kind of variety can be added. Epic work, Lava.

EDIT: And thanks Cam for the INI option to outright force these icons on top of everything. Coool.

Edited by Graion Dilach
2 hours ago, Leilu said:

Will it be possible to add a batch installation mode like SCS please?

I don't think it's feasible. Even if I could put together a 'default' list of components, Tweaks runs on a substantially larger number of platforms. What a no-reload Ironman player on BGEE wants is going to be radically different from a casual IWD2 playthrough.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Damn, I can't even imagine playing the game without those unique icons at this point. The creativity into them is amazing and even as a modder, I'll probably look at them for reference in terms of what kind of variety can be added. Epic work, Lava.

EDIT: And thanks Cam for the INI option to outright force these icons on top of everything. Coool.

What Graion is talking about is a 'hidden' option I added in the config file. By default, Unique Icons will only replace an icon only if it hasn't been replaced by another mod (or in some cases, the EE itself)--for example, BG2EE already provides a new Robe of Vecna icon, so you'll never get the one from Lava. If you want all of these icons regardless, just enable this option in cdtweaks.txt (or cdteaks.disabled.txt) at the bottom:

// The following variables will be used for "Unique Icons"
// This component will only install a new icon for an item if it's re-using an icon from another
// item. If another mod has already item it will be skipped. Set this variable to 1 if you want
// Tweaks to ALWAYS install a new icon even if another mod has updated it.
OUTER_SET always_install_unique_icons = 0

Set this to 1 instead of 0 and remove the '.disabled' out of the file name to enable Tweaks to enable these settings.

1 minute ago, CamDawg said:
2 hours ago, Leilu said:

Will it be possible to add a batch installation mode like SCS please?

I don't think it's feasible. Even if I could put together a 'default' list of components, Tweaks runs on a substantially larger number of platforms.

It's been 10+ years, but I used to install mods by using the weidu log from a previously completed install to make a bat file. I do not remember the process. 

If you look at your WeiDU.log it'll be full of entries like

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v13
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons [Lava]: v13

The first number is the selected language and the second is the component number. You can then use this information to mass-install components at the command line:

setup-cdtweaks --language 0 --force-install-list 10 170

Replace 0 for the language (0 is English) as needed and the component list (in this case 10 and 170) with as many components as you'd like. This is what I use when I'm testing as it saves me from having to wade through menus to (re)install a component.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

What Graion is talking about is a 'hidden' option I added in the config file. By default, Unique Icons will only replace an icon only if it hasn't been replaced by another mod (or in some cases, the EE itself)--for example, BG2EE already provides a new Robe of Vecna icon, so you'll never get the one from Lava. If you want all of these icons regardless, just enable this option in cdtweaks.txt (or cdteaks.disabled.txt) at the bottom:

So, if I want Unique Icons to patch all items from Item Revisions, I need to enable this option, right? 

I'll probably make that 'hidden' override an install-level option in a future version, but since there was so much anticipation for the new icons I didn't want to delay v13 or annoy my translators with some last-minute strings.