Welcome to the EE Fixpack

CamDawg

The Enhanced Edition Fixpack (EEFP) is a community project aimed at fixing bugs in the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. Since these games are still being actively supported, the plan is to provide fixes for issues on the latest patch of these games with the goal of getting them into a future official patch. There is no current release but the first beta is being coded.

To that end, we've had a discussion about what we're trying to fix (tl;dr primarily developer intent), maintaining a list of issues that would have to be fixed by Beamdog at the code level, examples of an idealized bug report, and a FAQ to get started. Like the BG2 and IWD Fixpacks, we're also committed to being transparent--there are no hidden workrooms and the project is on Github. One of the goals of the forum is having robust discussions about what to fix and the best way to fix it, and player input on these issues is critically important.

That's the main takeaway for players: you can help! The easy one is providing bug reports--no, you don't have to write up something as formal as the idealized bug report, but it would be helpful--and discussing issues in the forum.

Very nice to see it, after all while I love quests and NPC mods its hard to enjoy the game fully with bugs.

A question: What is the best order for installing EE Fixpack? Should it be among the first mods installed or by the end akin to tweaks?

2 hours ago, CamDawg said:

If you have a BGEE+SoD game from Steam or GOG, DLC Merger is the lone exception that should be installed before it. Otherwise EEFP should be the first mod in the order.

Thanks for answering!

3 more questions if I may:

1) Applying it first should be done to all games (BGEE/BG2EE/PST/IWD) and not just BGEE, right?

2) Also will there be a list of fixes posted somewhere?

3) Do you plan to make some restorations too?

Good luck guys!!!

Edited by Abdal

Quoting Ye Olde FAQ for the EET/install order questions:

On 3/29/2022 at 7:06 PM, CamDawg said:

Can I install this on a game in progress?

The EEFP, at the end of the day, is just another mod. (First time modding the game? We've got a tutorial for that.) As such all of the usual caveats of mod installation apply: installing it on a game in progress will probably result in issues. In terms of install order, it should be installed first with the sole exception of BGEE+SoD games from Steam or GOG that require DLC Merger first.

What about EET?

Ideally you'd install EEFP on both of your BGEE and BG2EE games before merging them. However, at present the EET installer will reject a BGEE installation if a mod is installed that it doesn't recognize. Until EET updates, the current recommendation is to use EEFP only on the BG2EE game.

And yes, by first, it means first on all of the games.

23 minutes ago, Abdal said:

2) Also will there be a list of fixes posted somewhere?

3) Do you plan to make some restorations too?

Yes, we'll have full BG2FP/IWDFP-style documentation once we start nearing a release. It takes me a long while to complete so I usually wait until we're closer to having a release locked in.

We've talked about restorations, and given that there's no strong consensus they'll likely be decided case-by-case.

8 minutes ago, yota13 said:

2. When will other languages be added besides English (for translation)?

It's been built with translations in mind--everything's already tra-ified--so it can be translated just like any other mod. Better in many respects: the way the tra files are set up, other languages can basically include (or exclude) whatever strings they feel need to be updated regardless of whether or not they're in the English translation. I'll make another thread specifically for translations and explaining some of the features we've built in. 

Guest Morgoth

I have a request: 

When you turn into the slayer, only one of your party member comments on <charname> becoming the slayer. But I think that's a bug! Everyone in the party should comment. Would you kindly fix it?

2 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

When you turn into the slayer, only one of your party member comments on <charname> becoming the slayer. But I think that's a bug! Everyone in the party should comment. Would you kindly fix it?

That doesn't sound like a bug to me, but an implementation you don't like. I don't like it either though.

Guest Morgoth
1 hour ago, RoyalProtector said:

That doesn't sound like a bug to me, but an implementation you don't like. I don't like it either though.

All I know is that I always get the same two responses whenever i play that sequence.. I m pretty sure that in over 20 playthroughs I've done i've never seen all the dialogues written by the developers. Is that intended? Thats why I think it is a bug.

Firing all available NPC responses would require to rewrite or rephrase a number of lines. Otherwise, some of them would sound out of place. From what I can see in the dialog file, some of them are also intentionally made mutually exclusive (mostly romance interests).

Always getting responses from the same party members is more of an engine restriction, as they have to be evaluated in a predefined order. Randomizing them would greatly complicate the dialog structure and makes it basically impossible for mods to add their own responses.

Guest Morgoth

The issue is that most of the time you are going to be in a romance so it s fine (in this case) if only your lover tells you something.

But it gets odd that if you are not in a romance, the dialogues that are going to be fired seems to be always from the same npc.

And its not like what is happening is a common occurence ... It's odd that only one of your party makes a comment on that.

Don't want to start a new thread for such a minor thing, but I've noticed that no time passes between leaving Brynnlaw with Saemon Havarian and getting ambushed by the Githyanki, whereas the narration screen says you get ambushed on the 4th day of the voyage. BG2EE V2.6.6.0 with EET V13.4.