Release v4.19rc1

3 hours ago, grodrigues said:

As far as b) as the current SR maintainer, I am a bit wary of making such corrections in SR, because they would have to be systematic, as opposed to some one-off fix.

The fix of adding the required spell.ids entries for the wild mage spells is simple and can easily be made into a mod installable before SR -- it is *not* a good idea to fold them into your copy of SR. If you need help doing it, just holler.

It's out of SR's scope to do it. I understand. Thank your again for your time.

On 10/20/2022 at 3:28 AM, subtledoctor said:

My advice is this: decide what purpose you want new spells to play in your game. If you want added spells to be a seamless part of the experience, something that you can use against enemies and that enemies can also use against you - if you want your new spells to be "fair" in this way and be treated by the game just like the original set of spells is - then you should prioritize SR and IWDification. These are the mods that are used by SCS AI. This is a conservative way to add spells to the game.

On the other hand, if you are modding the game because you want to see crazy stuff that was never contemplated by the base game, and just want to play around with shiny new stuff in the game, then you should look at different mods like MiH or SoD Item Upgrade etc. These are more creative and maybe have more... let's say flair... but they will make for more one-sided gameplay. Which is fine! Just depends on what you want out of the game.

Just for clarification and to make it clear about new spells:

- If you just install a new spell from any mod, the new spell can't be used by the ennemies ? I wasn't aware about that. In a R&P perspective, it is quite unfair.

- A mod like SCS will make spells from SR an IWDification usable by ennemies.(i guess SRR is also included?)

16 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

Just for clarification and to make it clear about new spells:

- If you just install a new spell from any mod, the new spell can't be used by the ennemies ? I wasn't aware about that. In a R&P perspective, it is quite unfair.

- A mod like SCS will make spells from SR an IWDification usable by ennemies.(i guess SRR is also included?)

Adding a spell to your game doesn't make other spellcasters suddenly have it in their spellbooks, or know what they do or how to use them or their level of effectiveness relative to other spells. SCS 'knows' SR and IWDifcation enough that if those mods are installed at the time of SCS being installed, SCS will use spells from them (yes, including SRR which SCS does not see as being distinct from SR).