Release v4.19rc1

30 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

If any NPCs have Fire Shield Blue in their spellbooks at 4th level, it will become the AI-only version of Acid Sheath. The “Update NPC Spellbooks” is meant to handle things like this. (Same issue presents with nishruu/hakeashar, maybe one or two other things.)

Thank you, I did install the update NPC spellbooks component.

I will delete the level 4 version then.

@Trouveur80

Patch is commited. Only the minimal testing was done (check that it installs on a clean BG2 EE install) and I have not had time to check the other mismatched refs, but I *think* I can automate most of the drudge work without having to go through every single spell in NI -- it will take a bit to work through it though.

@mickabouille

The latest patch introduces a new string ref, at the end of arcane.tra. Most likely more will be added, I just need to first write a crawler through all the spells to dump the needed info.

1 hour ago, grodrigues said:

The latest patch introduces a new string ref, at the end of arcane.tra. Most likely more will be added, I just need to first write a crawler through all the spells to dump the needed info.

OK, I better wait until you're ready.

// 22000 already taken up in divine.tra. Sigh.

One way to avoid this kind of problem would be for example to decide something like 0-99 999 arcane.tra and 100 000-199 000 divine.tra. Or whatever.

Obviously not before release because that's long work (and likely to cause breakage).

Could also use utf8 for tra files at the same time :)

2 hours ago, grodrigues said:

@Trouveur80

Patch is commited. Only the minimal testing was done (check that it installs on a clean BG2 EE install) and I have not had time to check the other mismatched refs, but I *think* I can automate most of the drudge work without having to go through every single spell in NI -- it will take a bit to work through it though.

@mickabouille

Thank you, I will make a clean install and try it. 🙂

I would say that there is approximately zero chance of the official versions of SR or IR ever bringing back the Haste opcode in any capacity, so if the kit is completely dependent upon it, well... Well, I suppose someone would be better off making a mini-mod that reverses it and restores the broken Haste opcode.

Edited by Bartimaeus
43 minutes ago, Endarire said:

Apparently, Spell Revisions changes haste and its derivatives (improved haste, Oil of Speed, Boots of Speed, etc.) to not function with the Swiftblade proficiency from Skills and Abilities.  What would be involved in having these work well together?

S&A will have to adapt to the SR versions of Haste. SR very intentionally does not use the actual haste opcode in its spells, because it applies a number of effects beyond what the spells says. (Faster poison application, faster regeneration, etc.) So "make Haste work the way Skills & Abilites expects it to" is not an acceptable solution.

I expected Haste would set some kind of state or stat, but I just looked and apparently it does not. The way I see it, S&A has three options:

1. Instead of looking for the Haste opcode itself, look for opcode 142 (display portrait icon) with the Haste portrait icon
  2. Look for any spells that apply both an op176 movement speed bonus and an op1 APR bonus (since only Haste-type spells will include both of these together)
  3. S&S can come later and apply a stat or spellstate to all Haste spells, and then its Swiftblade effect can look for this stat or spellstate

Realistically, the best solution is probably a combination of #1 and #3, or #2 and #3.

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I would say that there is approximately zero chance of the official versions of SR or IR ever bringing back the Haste opcode in any capacity, so if the kit is completely dependent upon it, well... Well, I suppose someone would be better off making a mini-mod that reverses it and restores the broken Haste opcode.

Neither of those is really necessary.

3 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Neither of those is really necessary.

Well, that's good, because the Haste opcode is ludicrous. I was not aware of the nitty-gritty details behind how it worked, just saw morpheus saying "well, then don't install SR" and "I'll disable the kit from installing if SR is detected", :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, that's good, because the Haste opcode is ludicrous. I was not aware of the nitty-gritty details behind how it worked, just saw morpheus saying "well, then don't install SR" and "I'll disable the kit from installing if SR is detected", :p.

Yeah he's overreacting a bit, there.

My understanding is, this isn't a kit, but a proficiency you can put pips into. The whole proficiency revolves around giving you extra bonuses when Hasted (as if being hasted didn't already give you enough OP benefits!).

He can easily abstract this away from the haste opcode. Something like:

1. find all applications of the haste opcode
  2. find all combined applications of [op176 + op1] or [op126 + op1]
  3. find all applications of the Haste portrait icon
  4. assume all those amount to something like Haste and are deserving of the Swiftblade benefits
  5. so add an op328 effect applying a custom spellstate to all of the above
  6. make the Swiftblade benefits apply any time someone has the custom spellstate
1 hour ago, Endarire said:

Project Image: Since the spell mentions losing concentration via taking damage as breaking the spell, if concentration checks are enabled and the caster takes damage but succeeds on a concentration check, what happens to project image?

It's not a concentration check. I think the spell just applies a contingency that fires when the TookDamage() condition is satisfied. Or maybe the Hit() condition. At any rate, it's nothing to do with spell interruption, there is no check.