Release v4.19rc1

Well, I think the discussion is over now. Note if you must know however, the French spelling is a nightmare for the French themselves, not only for the children but for the adults too, a real science by itself…But I've something to say to you - to put an end to this pointless conversation -  about my language : NEVER insult a French Canadian (from Québec) about the language of Molière, it's the best manner to take a clout…

NB: we have no problems to understand French of Belgium and Switzerland, and personally I'm very happy to know that the famous Belgian humorist Laura Laune - my favorite one  - have sung an horrible - and hilarious ! - song about France…

Ah crap, this guy again? Thanks for the reminder Bart, I thought that sounded familiar

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Given how inconsistently letters are used in English, it might prove helpful for those learning the language if it did have them, though

Also - you  just totally blew my mind. As I'm trying to teach my kid to read and we're dealing with letters making different sounds and how that complicated learning via phonics... and yeah, other languages actually have markings to deal with junk like this! Seems so civilized.

5 hours ago, Prof Errata said:

Well, I think the discussion is over now. Note if you must know however, the French spelling is a nightmare for the French themselves, not only for the children but for the adults too, a real science by itself…But I've something to say to you - to put an end to this pointless conversation -  about my language : NEVER insult a French Canadian (from Québec) about the language of Molière, it's the best manner to take a clout…

NB: we have no problems to understand French of Belgium and Switzerland, and personally I'm very happy to know that the famous Belgian humorist Laura Laune - my favorite one  - have sung an horrible - and hilarious ! - song about France…

Dutifully noted, though I admittedly have very little patience for people who take undue pride in their (arbitrarily decided at birth) nationality and the related issues that come with it. But then again, probably just a hair less than half of the population of my own country would have very choice words for me indeed for my thoughts and feelings regarding said country.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Ah crap, this guy again? Thanks for the reminder Bart, I thought that sounded familiar

Hey, maybe I'm just a big ol' jerk with a little too long of a memory. So not counting today...

2017 December (weidu itself):

2018 January (BG2 Fixpack):

2018 February (Tweaks Anthology):

2018 August (IR):

2018 August (Tweaks Anthology):

2018 September (Tweaks Anthology):

2018 September (TBL):

2018 September (BG2 Fixpack):

2018 September (Tweaks Anthology)

2018 September (SCS😞

2018 October (TBL):

2019 January (TBL):

2019 Feburary (SCS😞

2019 April (TBL):

2019 June (SR):

2019 July (SR):

2020 Feburary (SRR):

2020 Feburary (SR again after I said "haha, no, never" in the SRR thread):

2020 April (IM10_Simd0):

And the list keeps on going, but I don't want to read any more than that. Hey, uh...hey, maybe...maybe stop doing that.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Also - you  just totally blew my mind. As I'm trying to teach my kid to read and we're dealing with letters making different sounds and how that complicated learning via phonics... and yeah, other languages actually have markings to deal with junk like this! Seems so civilized.

Yeah, you'd think it'd be a learning tool even for young native speakers. The multitude of sounds that letters can make in English is not at all conducive to getting a grasp over the language, and never mind loan words. You could phase out using them as you get older. Heteronyms can also be a problem where diacritics would be helpful. Read vs. read, as an example: one of them is pronounced with a short E, one with a long E...there are certain sentences where you can't accurately distinguish between heteronyms and the sentence is ambiguous as a result. Eh.

Edited by Bartimaeus
48 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

though I admittedly have very little patience for people who take undue pride in their (arbitrarily decided at birth) nationality

Jesus, maybe it's the two glasses of wine but that's two epiphanies you have inspired tonight. I've always been proud of my nation, but it springs from feeling fortunate to have been, by sheer chance, born in a good there.  It honestly never occurred to me to distinguish that from others - to think that the nationalistic pride of some people springs from actual feelings of superiority.  Huh.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:15 PM, grodrigues said:

Yes, for Waves of Fatigue; it has a 139 opcode to display "Fatigued". As for the lich I would have to look into it, as it may be using a SoD copy of some vanilla spell and thus is not touched by SR.

Here are some more :

SR-BGEE-strings-bugs.jpg

Report-4.jpg

Report-5.jpg

SR BGEE strings bugs 2.jpg

Edited by Trouveur80
17 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I don't know what the  heck "Unholy Fireball" is. You can ignore it I think.

"Unholy fireball" is a version of fireball used by the Death Knight (I think, have to double check).

17 hours ago, Prof Errata said:

So what I need to know in fact if the number - and the types - of SR arcane spells could be modified yet - one more one less here and there ? - by the modders of this section before the final release (soon ?), even if we have now a release candidate available now;

Am not sure what you are asking here; I personally have no ideas for any major spell changes. Any major spell change usually goes through an RFC and whoever is interested can chime in, but all the examples up to now have been in the "fixing some perceived shortcoming" camp -- for example, see Avenger's Cone of Cold -> Confusion or RFC: Chaos and related issues: berserk -> feeblemind in chaos

Finalized, stable releases with everything pristine and in order, is a chimera. It *may* be a good ideal to strive for, but it's not a realistic one.

As a general rule, I tend to be very conservative and view my role as maintainer as receiving what I have inherited and hand it down in a better shape, but I am not totally opposed to more radical ideas. Just make as clear a case for them as possible (and bear the brunt of the work?).

12 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Jesus, maybe it's the two glasses of wine but that's two epiphanies you have inspired tonight. I've always been proud of my nation, but it springs from feeling fortunate to have been, by sheer chance, born in a good there.  It honestly never occurred to me to distinguish that from others - to think that the nationalistic pride of some people springs from actual feelings of superiority.  Huh.

Being aware of and thankful for your circumstances is always a good frame of mind to occupy. Thinking of how different and how much harder your life would likely be if you were born at most any other different place/time in the world and throughout history should naturally induce such a feeling...as well as at least a little empathy for the others that were not blessed with your fortune, who from birth have always been on the outside looking in for one reason or another. Though that's also no reason to ignore that we can also strive for better, that we must strive to at least prevent the kind of encroachment that will inevitably makes things worse.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, grodrigues said:

Ooof... I never encountered this rash of mismatched string references in my latest EET run, so I have to assume that either BG EE has different string refs or some mod in your load order is borking them all.

Will look into it.

Just in case here is my weidu.log :

/ Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~LEUI-BG1EE/LEUI-BG1EE.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) - Core component: 4.5
~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4.19
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4.19
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4.19
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4.19
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4.19
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4.19
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time: v4.53
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #80 // SoD - Stat-based observations and quest options from Lauriel's Themed Tweaks Mod: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Main Component: Tracking System: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #10 // Consistency Changes to Game Dialogues: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #20 // Officers Are Aware: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #30 // Give PC Informed Reply Options: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #40 // PC Can Tell the Officers: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #50 // Add Officers Reactions: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #60 // Additional Info Points: 0.7 (Beta)
~SODRTD/SODRTD.TP2~ #0 #70 // Add Additional Communication with Officers: 0.7 (Beta)
~C#SODBOABRI/C#SODBOABRI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Scene at Boareskyr Bridge will be Acknowledged: Add NPC Reactions: v2
~C#SODBOABRI/C#SODBOABRI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add Description Text to Original Scene at Bridge: v2
~C#SODBOABRI/C#SODBOABRI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bridge Scene has Different Choices: v2
~C#SODBOABRI/C#SODBOABRI.TP2~ #0 #3 // Add Stat Changes to Choices at Bridge: v2
~C#ANOTHERFINEHELL/C#ANOTHERFINEHELL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Another Fine Hell - Optional Ending for SoD and BGII Closure: Alpha_220923
~C#ANOTHERFINEHELL/C#ANOTHERFINEHELL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Get the Hells Out - Quest Option with Extended BGII Content: Alpha_220923
~C#ANOTHERFINEHELL/C#ANOTHERFINEHELL.TP2~ #0 #2 // PC's and Imoen's chest in Palace should have their content: Alpha_220923
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sentrizeal's Wizard 4 Missing Animation Fix: v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Sentrizeal's Elven Ranger Avatar (Female): v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Sentrizeal's Elven Ranger Avatar (Male): v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sentrizeal's Elven Ranger Weapon Fix: v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Sentrizeal's Human Gladiator Avatar (Female): v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Sentrizeal's Human Gladiator Avatar (Male): v1.3.1
~SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK/SETUP-SENTRIZEAL_AA_PACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Sentrizeal's Human Mercenary Avatar (Female): v1.3.1
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install all Hidden Gameplay Options at once: 3.0

On 10/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, Bartimaeus said:

I apologize that my language has borrowed one of the words from yours and transliterated a widely accepted variant without the pointless* diacritics, but that's the way she goes.

For the record, the Oxford spelling includes the diacritics on both café shop and dejà vu atleast. Was surprised on them myself as well during 2006 when these terms came up in the New Headway series. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/spellcheck/english/?q=deja+vu It could be a British vs American thing though, I never learnt American.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, subtledoctor said:

• Mestil's Acid Sheath replaces Fire Shield: Blue, whichis a 4th-levelspell, which is why you see it among the 4th-level files/.tra refs. But in the game, it makes it available as a 5th-level spell for balance and lore-friendliness reasons. Both files exist because some NPCs will use the 4th-level version, but for your purposes  you only need to deal with the 5th-level version.
  • Dimension Jump is a spell that has some files and strings in the base game, and SR maybe started to do something with it? A long time ago? But I don't think it is actually added now.

Hello, with V4RC19, I just found a scroll of Dimension Jump in SoD.

Also, Dynaheir have the level 4 and the level 5 version of Mestil's Acid Sheath in her spellbook. The one that should be available to my party is the level 5 right ?

3 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

Dynaheir have the level 4 and the level 5 version of Mestil's Acid Sheath in her spellbook

If any NPCs have Fire Shield Blue in their spellbooks at 4th level, it will become the AI-only version of Acid Sheath. The “Update NPC Spellbooks” is meant to handle things like this. (Same issue presents with nishruu/hakeashar, maybe one or two other things.)