The Gate Project

Hello !

I have transferred some mods from this Github account 11jo to this one The-Gate-Project in order to separate translations and Fork from updated mods and avoid any confusion.

Here is the list of mods concerned.

TeamBG mods (While waiting for news from @CoM_Solaufein or the creation of a github for TeamBG) :

- DarkHorizons

Spoiler
On 1/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, JohnBob said:

Here is a recap to clarify what was done...

There are three different branches on the Github repo :

- The main branch which simply adds the PVRZ and BWP fixes, the safest but EE only, this version must be installed on your BGEE game (before EET if you use it).

- The After-EET branch which include the same changes as above, and modify slightly the tp2 with %area_prefix% to allow the mod to be installed after EET and keep the BGEE compatibility (it can therefore be installed before (on BGEE) or after EET (on BG2EE), better to stick to the original one... (the main branch) but if you prefer to install the mod after EET it's possible.

- The EE/BGT branch who attempt to add BGT compatibility and keep the BGEE (and before EET) one... @CoM_Solaufein has already done most of the work and there was not much left to do. The main quest is working and areas seem to be in orders, should be good for EE but it is mainly untested for BGT...

- NikitaRedux

- VampireTales

- Com_encounters

Pocketplane mod (Could be integrated into Pocket Plane Group Github)

- Xan-BG2_French-Soundset (original forum)

SHS mods (Could be integrated into SHS Github)

- PlanarSphere  by @inferno

- Saradas_Magic_for_BGEE  by @Saradas

- WarslingSniperKit  by @Adul

- Askaria-Quest_ChaosKnight-kit  by "...."

- Domains-of-Dread  by "...."

- RTT-ItemPack  by @al17

- Nanstein  by @Mhoram

- klatu-tweaks-and-fixes by @Klatu

ArcaneCoast mods by @tipun (original forum)

- HoW_EET

- Icewind_EET

- IWD1_EET

- IWD2_EET

- Worldmap_IWD_EET (Not required for the github version of IWD-EET)

I remind you that the IWD_EET mods are still in BETA.

Beamdog mod

- AerieBG1  by @Coutelier (original forum)

- Ishlilka_The-Wizard-Slayer  by @WarChiefZeke (original forum)

The Black Wyrm's Lair mod

- The Improved Volcano! Pack  by @Baronius

Others mods

- DGItems by @Daniel Goodrich

- IRStore by @Theo de Moree

- ChattyImoen by @AstroBryGuy

NeeraBanters by @AstroBryGuy

- SoD-Dialog-Banters  by @AstroBryGuy

- JaheiraRecast  by @AstroBryGuy

- NWN2SoundSets  by @AstroBryGuy

La Couronne de Cuivre mods

- Kim_NPC by @Grenouillebleue

- Alcool by @Mathrim Cauthon

- Severian-de-Demerya by @Coyote

- Garrick_Tales-of-a-Troubadour by @Mirandir

The purpose of these updates is to make the mods playable on the Enhanced Edition or EET, no content changes are made.

Edited by JohnBob
20 hours ago, megrimlock said:

I've played most of these on EET already, hope this helps to increase visibility (and pushes them towards the official compatibility list).

Thanks !

Can you specify which mods you have tried and if you experienced any issues ?

Everything except warsling sniper and the Xan french soundset. All of them were on test installs to see if they worked with other mods, so I didn't play any of them necessarily fully eg as I said to you in another thread, I didn't complete Planar Sphere mod, just checked it started ok and didn't conflict with Test Your Mettle or Evandra/Tsujatha. About to test again now with a pared down version of Improved Anvil... 😳

Edited by megrimlock

Yes, I remember, do not hesitate to give feedback when you have completed a full game !

And good luck with Improved Anvil never tried it but it seems to make the game quite challenging...

I've butchered Anvil so that (I think/hope) it only added the new quests and encounters and not the new items/spells/kits or changes to existing enemies - the latter almost certainly won't play well with SCS. But I intend to run through Planar Sphere properly on this run regardless so will report back.

Hello, Aerie in BGEE is now fully compatible with EET !

Here is the link to the official thread on Beamdog...

Changelog :

Spoiler

- Add French translation by Spartan117
- Add french audio
- Traify tp2
- EET compatibility (add cpmvars)
- Traify missing string in B2#cAAM4.baf
- Correct missing audio thanks to GraionDilach
- Add InfinityAutoPackager thanks to AL|EN
- Add REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS bgee eet
- Add metadata and label for Project Infinity
- Correct B2#Aeri.d Imoen dialogue for EET thanks to Jastey and Camdawg

Thanks to those who participated !!!

Edited by JohnBob

Hello !

I have a strange case during my tests with Aerie in BGEE and Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer... EET_End cannot be installed.

Installation en cours [EET end (dernier mod dans l'ordre d'installation) -> Installation standard]
Clearing the arrays.
Copying and patching 1 file ...

Analyzing SOA campaign
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [PDIALOG.2da] -> [override/PDIALOG.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_30_5%"))
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [CAMPAIGN.2DA] -> [.../CAMPAIGN.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %pdialog_30_5%"))
Stopping installation because of error.

This only happens in a specific order :

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CORRECTFRBG2EE/CORRECTFRBG2EE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correction de la traduction de Baldur's Gate II : Enhanced Edition: 0.19
~CORRECTFRBG2EE/CORRECTFRBG2EE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Patch audio et video francais: 0.19
~EET/EET.TP2~ #3 #0 // EET core (importation de ressource): V13.4
~BG1AERIE/SETUP-BG1AERIE.TP2~ #2 #5000 // Aerie dans BG: EE: 2.0
~ISHLILKAMOD/SETUP-ISHLILKAMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ishlilka mod for BGSoD and EET

The other way around no problem...

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CORRECTFRBG2EE/CORRECTFRBG2EE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correction de la traduction de Baldur's Gate II : Enhanced Edition: 0.19
~CORRECTFRBG2EE/CORRECTFRBG2EE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Patch audio et video francais: 0.19
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #3 #0 // EET end (dernier mod dans l'ordre d'installation) -> Installation standard

If I add another mod in between, no problem either... (a mod that use pdialog.2da)

~VAMPIRETALES/SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.TP2~ #3 #0 // Vampire Tales (Necessite Throne of Bhaal)
~VAMPIRETALES/SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.TP2~ #3 #1 // Culte de l'Oeil Aveugle ameliore.
~VAMPIRETALES/SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.TP2~ #3 #2 // Combat du Menestrel ameliore.
~VAMPIRETALES/SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.TP2~ #3 #3 // Boutique CoM 1
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #3 #0 // EET end (dernier mod dans l'ordre d'installation) -> Installation standard

Here is the draft of Ishlilka_The-Wizard-Slayer for EET, if someone wants to take a look !

Edited by JohnBob

Thanks !

It looks fine, Thanks for the Pull Request !

Edited by JohnBob
2 hours ago, JohnBob said:

I have a strange case during my tests with Aerie in BGEE and Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer... EET_End cannot be installed.

I took a look as well, and it seems that BG1Aerie in combination with a bug in EET_end is the initial cause for this error.

BG1Aerie adds an entry with only two columns to PDIALOG.2DA. This will cause EET_end to ignore the entry completely (I'm not sure if this is intended by the mod).

However, EET_end also contains a script block that attempts to fix entries with missing columns. For entries with only two columns the regex matcher fails, which results in an incorrectly "fixed" line and a subsequent read error.

I'd suggest to add at least a third (dummy) column to BG1Aerie's PDIALOG entry to fix the immediate issue. Otherwise, the error can crop up with any other mod with incomplete PDIALOG entries.