Gavin's progress

berelinde

Wow, berelinde, you are amazing. It is sooo nice to know that when a mod is started by you that it WILL be finished and not years down the road! I also like the PG-13 and the R aspect of the flirts. That is a great option. I still think that by now Gavin should have his own forum. But if not, that's okay. I'll know that I can track him down here.

Nice progress, berelinde. And nooo... I didn't do any BAMs... that's supposed to be a secret! :)

@Domi - yeah, someone should. I vaguely thought of making a female duelist NPC but a) she'd probably be a bitch (and there's too many of those types of NPCs in-game already) and b) given current projects, I really don't see an NPC in my modding future. :hm:

Found a possible alternate portrait in NWN Vault, after a lot of digging. Not entirely if it works for Gavin, because he looks to young, way too slightly built, and the armor is different, but the expression is about right, and it more or less works out OK. He also might be a bit too good-looking to be Gavin, but that might just be my opinion.

I should probably also state that the portrait itself is actually quite superior to anything I could ever do.

Thoughts?

Alternate Gavin Portrait

I like to have lots of choices, when it comes to mods. I don't like being railroaded into playing things one way (even if I will actually play it that way :) ), and I prefer to have some choices when it comes to the appearance of mod npcs.

So there are going to be alternate portraits. It's one more thing on the installation menu, which is already kind of long, but I think more choices is a good thing.

...looks too much like a photograph for my liking...
I'm pretty sure it *is* a photograph, run through a Photoshop/PaintShop artistic filter. And he looks slightly vampiric. Not what I expected for Gavin's character but hey, who knows... :)

Didn't you already have an alternate portrait? Not that you can't have others but I thought the other one was original at least...

I have an alternate already by Kael'oree, and it's very nice. But I want more! I want to be able to offer several choices. If I can find a fourth, I will use a fourth, because that seems like a good number to me.

Man, I had better get a grip, because I'm starting to really sound demented, even to myself.

But yes, Gavin's complexion can best be described as "pasty," but that's not his fault.

Congratulations on the working alpha Berelinde!

As for the alternate prortrait, it does look fairly photographic, but I think it's an acceptable alternative, looks-wise. The look on his face may not gel very well with Gavin's personality however, as it does look petulant, or at least slightly angry.

But hey, an alternate is an alternate.

Thanks! Now all I need is to do a bit of testing, and then it's on to the next project.

@ BigRob: I know what you mean about the expression. But it would be an alternate, and I have not yet obtained permission to use it in the finished mod, so it may well be for nothing, anyway. When time allows, I'll spend some time with Fireworks, and see what can be done.

@ KIrving: I appreciate the compliment, but Gavin insists that I ask you not to resort to violence on his behalf. He'll be here a while. :) And it's going to take me a while to write the BG2 version. I wouldn't look for anything on that front in 2007 (but you never know...).

Archived