Developer Diary

CamDawg

September 27, 2004

Some real progress on my end. Got material written for the main plot with Delainy (roughly 40% done), though it won't require her in your party if you wish to pursue it. Also got some considerations for those who wish to do an 'evil' path bit with it. I hope it makes sense as evil, and not the general AD&D 2nd Edition mindset of "Ah evil...that means we slay everyone and let the gods sort them out."

Christ, I can't believe I haven't posted an entry since the beginning of August.

I'm still alive and coding. I've been splitting time between Delainy and other projects (tweaks, CR, G3A, etc) so coding progress has been a bit slow. My folks were also in town which necessitated me playing tour guide for a weekm and then another week to recover from them. :blush:

One of the problems of this being the first mod I started coding is that I'm constantly discovering bad code in the older stuff I've done, which has necessitated a lot of re-coding. WeiDU has also added a lot of nifty stuff which also makes me want to go back and tighten up the code--the new I_C_T2 would have been a bit more useful, say, six months ago. Nonetheless, progress is being made and the playtesters continue to find bugs for me to fix.

Nov 4, 2004

Well, I know this is starting to sound a little similar, but I didn't get anything really accomplished. Between misplacing my CD with the old material, and dad having to back into the hospital (he was just released today), I haven't focused my attention as I should.

Heh, guess it was overly ambitious of to want to finish the writing in less than a year...what is galling is there really isn't much SoA material to finish.

Edited by Bri

Dec 11, 2004

Long time no post, though I hope to change that. As it stands, there is not much material left (as mentioned elsewhere).

I still have to finish Flirts, the restaurant aside, and Romance conflicts with the BioWare 3.

Additionally, theme music needs to be decided on for Del. Spoken dialogue will be near the end since we want to make sure the written material is in the shape we wish it to be.

The good news is that I now have 5 weeks off before school starts to in the Spring, and after recuperating from finals this weekend, I will attempt to finish the writing this break.

January 26, 2005

I know this is becoming to sound a lot like a broken record, but I won't be getting anything new done...and may not for a while. There...has been a death in my family...and well...I am taking some time off from the module.

February 27, 2005

Been a while since my last update. Anyways, I think we have what I picture Delainy and Durlyle most in my mind. However, we also will include the other good pictures offered as well so that the player can have their choice.

I got a little busy this weekend, but I also hope to wrap up touches for the Delainy/Barbarian lovetalk. I hope to do class-specific ones...although those may wait until Throne of Bhaal.

That still leaves other things to do:

1. Flirts

2. Romance conflicts with the BioWare 3

3. Restaurant aside

Finally, that also leaves last round editing and finding theme music for Delainy.

Delainy_lj.bmp

durlyle21yd.bmp

Edited by Bri

March 9, 2005

Yeah, I really didn't keep to my word much, I know. I apologize for that. Earlier this week, my father's headstone was put in (there was some problems due to the funeral home not having the stone in stock, and having to order it...and getting it a few weeks later).

Either way, upon seeing it...well, let's just that I didn't react to well to it. Hence, the reason for the latest delay.

If nothing else, I have next week off for Spring Break, and will show progerss on one of the last three big things for SoA. (Del and class lovetalks will probably be ToB, but they may get written for SoA).

Yes, that still means to find music and a voice as well...not to mention editing on other things.

April 9, 2005

I have finished a few flirts, nothing major, but I'm now going to focus on Delainy. I would do more, but they are expecting heavy snowfall where I live, so I've been making sure things where I live are secure, and whatnot. As a result, I will start in ernest Monday, and hope to show something new Tuesday.

Not that you haven't seen it before, but this is what I intend to do:

1: Flirts

2: Conflicts with the BioWare 3 (just romance conflicts)

3: Restaurant Aside

Tentatively, I will also write up Class Lovetalks, but that will be after I get the above done. And they may be included in Throne of Bhaal.

I will also make a decision on music. After plans are done, we hope to get her voiced.

Sorry for all delays, and such. And yes, I'm getting tired of me saying I will do something, and not getting it done.

Edited by Bri

April 15, 2005

Yes, a real update with substance. Okay, there is going to be a slight change in place for the romance conflicts. There will be some that emulate the BioWare ones, but there will also be a dialogue or two before that which will also segue into it better (I always thought Jaheira's and Aerie's responses really were a bit out of character).

So, the Del conflicts on the Aerie, Viconia, and Jaheira track.

On another note, I've been having some computer troubles with a graphics card upgrade I had over the past couple days. So far, things seem to be working...if it goes wonky, though, then I will go back to the old card I have.

Edited by Bri

April 23, 2005

Finished writing second Banter Conflicts. Depending on what we decide, this would flare after the first conflict, and allow another chance to end a romance semi-peacefully.

For conflicts, that just leaves commentary by the BioWare 3 on Del's tracks.