Developer Diary

CamDawg

April 1, 2004

Delainy has been cancelled...er...nope, she isn't, that isn't even a very good April Fool's Day Joke ;-) Heh, and I don't really have anything better to suggest.

However, this next is more serious. I know that things have slowed down some. Blame that on me. Between real life and schoolwork, and such...and the fact that my father had surgery last week, and I've been trying to do everything at home like the chores, it wears one ragged.

So, this was just an explanation why things have been quiet on this front, and this is a definite affirmation that Delainy is still up. Even if it takes me into summer vacation to finish her stuff.

Edited by Bri

Don't worry. Sometimes the choice isn't so much about whether you should neglect your duties as about knowing which duties to neglect. And as a semi-proffessional neglecter of duties, I can say that you've got your neglecting pretty well sorted out. :D

Umm... what I was going to say before I got carried away with all the neglecting was "take your time, we'll still be here when you're done".

April 8 - Cam

Came back all nice and refreshed from vacation and was immediately ambushed with bug reports. I have a few more items to check off before I return in earnest to Delainy... CR needs a new point release, Idobek and I are close to releasing a combined tweak pack, and the website needs an overhaul. Never should've tried to follow Andyr's example of working on 184 mods at once. :D That being said, I'm very pleased with the progress so far. As she stands now, Delainy has upwards of 50-60 banters, a few hundred interjections, and three unique encounters.

April 8, 2004

Finishing up another lovetalk, hope to complete it shortly, then start work on another one. Just a slight disagreement with Cam. At a minimum of 4 banters apiece with each NPC, and with 16 NPCs, that is a guaranteed 64 banters (though I think the total is more like 71).

Though it may seem lethargic, Delainy is coming along nicely :D

April 8, 2004

Finishing up another lovetalk, hope to complete it shortly, then start work on another one.  Just a slight disagreement with Cam.  At a minimum of 4 banters apiece with each NPC, and with 16 NPCs, that is a guaranteed 64 banters (though I think the total is more like 71).

Though it may seem lethargic, Delainy is coming along nicely :D

Heh, I knew I couldn't count. :D

April 8 - Cam

Came back all nice and refreshed from vacation and was immediately ambushed with bug reports. I have a few more items to check off before I return in earnest to Delainy... CR needs a new point release, Idobek and I are close to releasing a combined tweak pack, and the website needs an overhaul. Never should've tried to follow Andyr's example of working on 184 mods at once. :D That being said, I'm very pleased with the progress so far. As she stands now, Delainy has upwards of 50-60 banters, a few hundred interjections, and three unique encounters.

*grins sheepishly*

Please, please, please, work on Del! I can work around other issues! :D

April 14, 2004

Delainy suffered a serious, serious setback yesterday. One that could delay the mod a few weeks at the minimum.

I received my Rurouni Kenshin Lengend of Kyoto box set yesterday. :D

One DVD down, seven to go.

April 19, 2004

Well, the wet camisole contest didn't work as well as planned, though Edwina was by and large the clear winner of that affair...

Um, more seriously, I'm going to try and get back to work on this, just been picking up in school again. Finals come around May 14-18...

April 25, 2004

Another lovetalk done (bringing it up to 12 total), with another one almost done (definitely will be finished today).

Outline of up to Lovetalk 22 tentatively set out.

Things to do:

1) The restaurent

2) Finalize music choice

3) Add apology option

4) Flirts (for those who like them)

5) Alternate NPC romance (this won't take that long to write)

6) Finish writing Del's main story arc (this won't take long either)

7) Individual lovetalks for each class needs to be done (that's right, one for a paladin, one for a ranger, etc. There will be a special one for a shapeshifter druid too).

I know I said I hoped to have it done by April, but I was wrong. If I get it finished by the end of May, I will be happy but finals don't finish until May 18th. So writing may not be done until June. Still, less than a year from when it started in Sept. *growls at real life for the last 4 months or so*

April 30

I haven't been modding too much for the past week due to some RL issues. I'm hoping to be back on a somewhat normal schedule soon.

On the upside I finished Legend of Kyoto within a few days of receiving it, so we've cleared one obstacle. :rant: