Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

Still arguing with me? I thought I finally made you see the light. :(

"I'm curious. What are/were you trying to achieve by your efforts in the present topic?"

The opposite of what you were trying to achieve in your efforts in the present topic.

Well, my theory that a major chunck of the BG2 modding community, while technically inclined, has the diplomacy skills of pissed off 4th graders, isn't losing any ground in this thread.

There are way more productive ways to express differing opinions. I won't waste my time talking about them, I just want to point out to you folks that there is a better way, and you are consistently missing those opportunities.

Marceror (<-- not a real person)

The Baron already told that the only reason he is here is to provide information to those who are interested, because The Baron has experienced in the past that there aren't only deaf ears to his clarifications in topics such as this. The current case isn't ordinary, so it is worth the effort -- some readers might be interested in getting answers to questions raised in this topic (such as why not a TC) etc.

Wow. I go out for a nice long dinner, and look what I miss!

Everybody sit back, relax, take some deep breaths. Chant "it's supposed to be fun" while you do so. Turn off the comp, go outside, spend some time in meatspace for a bit.

Nobody cares. Really, they don't.

I see you want to take the hard way again. *sigh* Very well, I'll gladly oblige.

"I said OK just to stop that pointless sequence of posts so the jerk could feel he "won" it or something like that"

won? :(:love: What exactly is there to win? ;) Even this mentality of yours shows what an insecure little pansy you are. I posted my opinion. You silently provoked me, and I responded. Period.

As for the rest of your crap, I'll just say this. Take a look at the recent thread started by DavidW, "Differences between tactical mods." Clearly those are some of the questions that should've been asked before Sikret decided to make IA. And it's obvious they weren't. The design decisions were not made properly without taking into account several scenarios. That's why it's too late to fix IA now.

OT (or maybe not)

My only wish would be that we might respect enough people that share something they created with the community.

There are many mods for many different games and I do respect every author out there that bothered to give me the chance to enjoy for free something that I have absolutely no right to.

Mod authors have instead the right to do what they want with their own mods. It's very nice when our feedback/suggestions are welcome and taken in proper consideration but it's just an extra we get over the extra of playing something for free and for which we usually did nothing.

Personally I have been around the BG communities for quite some time and since then I never bothered to learn to mod because 1) I am too lazy 2) there are already so many good people that can do it so well, satisfying all my needs (ooops, if it sounds too sexy here, just tell me :( ).

The little I could do (and it was the least) was to contribute with small ideas/feedback and be thankful and respectful for every modder out there.

Sometimes there might be idea clashing but I am proud of you all because I think this is a great community and it saddens me to see that sometimes people need to prove me that I should not be that proud after all...

Sorry again for the Off Topic...

Respect is earned.

We should be lamenting that there are so many people who are happier burning bridges and alienating people than cultivating relationships. They choose to see persecution in every post, envy in every differing opinion, and animosity where none existed. We're a long, long way from the old days when everyone was fighting with everyone else over matters far more trivial--thankfully!--but it seems pretty clear that there are some among us who would like to see those days return. I am not one of them, and I really do hope and believe we can behave better than we currently are.

My optimism wanes.

Archived