Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

Here we go again. :( (and I apologize Cam, but this has to be said)

I can't believe there are people out there that have their feelings hurt because something negative is said about their favourite mod, so they choose to RELIGIOUSLY DEFEND their mod to death. Talk about insecurity. I doubt even Sikret himself gets so worked up about this thread.

Baronius,

Nothing you say will change anyone's opinion of IA. Keep that in mind. You need to be more accepting of other's opinions ESPECIALLY IF ITS SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR. Simply choose to ignore it. The more you try and defend IA, the more only encourages me (and possibly others) to hate the mod and rip into it just to shut you up. In other words, you're slowly becoming a cancer to IA by destroying it from the inside (even though you don't seem to realize it).

Let it go.

temujin: :( (Seriously, I don't *defend* IA -- that's only what you would *like* to *believe*, again. I've given an explanation and some advice. People involved can either take it, or not.

relax. Fond delusion won't help you.

I've always accept any types of opinion, and will continue to do so. You can say whatever you want in your desperacy, it won't change on anything -- including IA's content, features, popularity, fan base etc. Feel free to disprove these words too -- I've finished with you. End of story.)

SimDing0: Well, the part about Ken is true. ;)

"Seriously, I don't *defend* IA"

uh huh... :(

Sorry, but your so-called "explanation and advice" (and I'm not even reading your other 10000-word essay, just send me the Cliff notes sometime) explains nothing except your fragile state of mind. And last I checked, people didn't come here for advice. This isn't counseling, they came here to discuss a mod (atleast they did at one point). So take your precious advice and go preach it on another thread or another forum.

If IA's design continues to remain as it is, it will forever be ridiculed for its one-dimensional approach. That's the bottom line.

Gabrielle: No thanks? I promised not to mind it, but still, I'm sad :(

And last I checked, people didn't come here for advice.

How do you know? What did you check? Are you sure it applies to everyone? Do you know everyone who visited it?

This isn't counseling, they came here to discuss a mod (atleast they did at one point). So take your precious advice and go preach it on another thread or another forum.

As I've said, my posts can either be taken as an advice or not. No one said *you* had to consider them as an advice. It's your call. The fact you want to tell what this thread is for, is your problem. It's a topic on IA, and there is "freedom of speech".

If IA's design continues to remain as it is, it will forever be ridiculed for its one-dimensional approach. That's the bottom line.

Again, that's only what you would like to believe. You can repeat this forever, but it seems it exceeds your intelligence: no one really cares if it's ridiculed or not. No one really cares what you or myself has written in this topic when considering playing IA. No one really cares how you "hate" or not IA. There is no such thing as "cancer", to destroy IA "from inside". Intelligent players (and those are what IA is written for) make decisions based on what they experience, and give less significance to what they hear from anyone. Because that's how it works: you don't judge something until don't know it well enough. The aforementioned players act the same way: no decision without actual experience, and it really does not matter too much what you, myself or anyone has written in this thread. Though, feel free to believe your efforts are so important, fond delusion isn't forbidden. In other words, comments are encouraged and important IMHO, but sometimes certain users (such as you) IMHO overestimate the comments' significance and influence on others.

And yes, these were apparently directed at you, but actually were meant to cease a quite common misbelief (otherwise, I wouldn't have told it): I gladly hear any type of opinion about any mod, but don't forget: it's nice you give info to readers, but a mod always speaks for itself. Hence, I don't need to defend IA:

To cut a long story short: Every interested player simply reads its readme and/or tries IA, and decides whether it's his/her cup of tea, or not. Easy as pie.

"Seriously, I don't *defend* IA"

uh huh... :(

Sorry, but your so-called "explanation and advice" (and I'm not even reading your other 10000-word essay, just send me the Cliff notes sometime) explains nothing except your fragile state of mind. And last I checked, people didn't come here for advice. This isn't counseling, they came here to discuss a mod (atleast they did at one point). So take your precious advice and go preach it on another thread or another forum.

I'm not here to defend baronius or IA, but insulting people in packs surely causes them angry. One doesn't need to have a fragile mind to get a foaming mouth if insulted repeatedly.

Avenger,

My initial post was strictly about IA. It had nothing to do with Baronius at all. It was this clown that chose to play the insult game with that "By the way, and certain people believe themselves too clever again..." post. Go back and check. He should never have taken it upon himself to defend the mod so passionately.

Now excuse me while I deal with this joker.

Baronius,

I thought you were finished with me? :love:

I must've stuck a nerve there. I knew your ego wouldn't let it be. Especially considering in one of your earlier posts you felt the need to come back and let everyone know that, "For those who may be confused due to the fact I said OK to the above statement yesterday -- obviously, it's not OK, not true" ;) , as if everyone was really under the impression that I really did make you agree.

Pathetic.

And no, no matter how many times you insist IA is fine, it's not. I'm NOT the only one that feels this way. Several others dislike IA completely. At least, be glad that I said I like some parts of IA.

You keep insisting "no one really cares if it's ridiculed or not", so why the fuck are you still replying? :(

I think somebody cares alright.

Guys and gals, please heed the wisdom of Baronius's words,. Take a moment to feel pity for those misguided souls who have fostered an irrational dislike of a mod (and/or modder) and dog it from site to site in order to assuage their own egos. Be gentle and supportive and don't name them by name, for as Baronius sagely notes, many of them don't realize what they're doing.
Come on, people! Cam made a perfect backhanded book-end to this little debacle, cleverly pointing out the enormous irony and hypocrisy in the aforementioned admonishment, and you had to go and ruin his point by spelling it out and adding invective to it? Sometimes, subtlety is best. Cam, you should have locked the thread after posting this.

Archived