Crossmod?

Sister Vigilante

"I like people who's friends with people."  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you forgot a certain special someone.

By virtue of her silky, naturally blonde hair, she is clearly not from Kara-Tur.

Although Alassa has undoubtedly slept with and later punch-daggered many who are, if that helps build a basis for conflict.

In other news...

I looked at Saerileth, but I was frightened by the intense flame wars going on on her forums.

It's true enough that the collision of the Sillaraverse and the BG2verse wasn't always pretty, but if you're intrigued enough by the character that you think writing material is worthwhile, then begging off because of forum arguments is a bad move. Of course, I also don't encourage giving any weight to "don't mod my mod", either.

I saw that too though I came late to the game so I was really only reading old news. Oddly enough I played the mod through before I searched the forums and was a bit suprised. I would have liked to have told them how much I respected the work they did on it. I may not be able to code but I get the mechanic well enough to glimpse the effort that goes into something like that. I mean that for all of you of course but this was about Saerilith.

I voted for Amber...well because she's a Teifling.

And Fade...well because she has a tail, has a hot temper, was moody, violent at times, and had a tail. Oh I probably already mentioned that. LOL

Although I too think the 'all of the above' is really the best choice.

I'll play whatever is offered and enjoy it just for being there to play.

heh that kind of makes my two cents worthless as a gauge.

It's true enough that the collision of the Sillaraverse and the BG2verse wasn't always pretty, but if you're intrigued enough by the character that you think writing material is worthwhile, then begging off because of forum arguments is a bad move. Of course, I also don't encourage giving any weight to "don't mod my mod", either.

On the other hand, supporting crossmod with Saerileth(or John Doe NPC, etc) would add to the credibility of the character. The same fifteen-year-old-Chosen-of-Tyr-who-beds-PC and later literally drops dead of broken heart if PC ascends.

With "don't mod my mod", it's annoying technically: if it isn't supported by another mod author, it can't go into CBP, so it has to go to a separate component/mod, additional headache about installation order, etc, etc. So e-mailing the author and pushing it to CBP afterwards is my best bet.

Really? That's a shame. The author isn't around, or they just don't like to crossmod? (not that I had my heart set on it or anything)

Doro doesn't allow cross-mod on the basis of every non-BioWARE NPC being of too low a quality compared to BioWARE's.

Feuille and I would be very happy to work on crossmod stuff with either Nathaniel or the Luxleys - just as soon as we've got some more free time! I know Feuille has various university commitments, and I'm very busy with university at the moment, plus my modding priority right now is sorting out the Nathaniel bugs, which is going to take quite some doing, so it might be a little while. As for the material about how Angelo's takeover took place, it doesn't contradict anything we say in the Nathaniel mod so I think the mods should be able to work together quite nicely.

I'm like berelinde, I usually have more mod NPC's than Bioware ones. And, I have to say that Crossmod content is an important factor in deciding who those mod NPC's will be. I check to see who will have the most banters.

As for the problem of Angelo's reaction to RE, would a sarcastic remark do at least while his RomanceActive variable is 1? As for when it's 2, I need to think a bit on the particular encounters.

(Totally off topic, I think berelinde should make a Laran boy-toy joinable NPC. He's good for my PC's ego)

I'm like berelinde, I usually have more mod NPC's than Bioware ones. And, I have to say that Crossmod content is an important factor in deciding who those mod NPC's will be. I check to see who will have the most banters.

I agree. I always have mod NPC's instead of Bioware, except Edwin of course he is always in my party, so crossmod is indeed a good thing. But, if you let the number of banters decide who's mod you'll play, sometimes you end up missing out on a very good one. :)

[/As for the problem of Angelo's reaction to RE, would a sarcastic remark do at least while his RomanceActive variable is 1? As for when it's 2, I need to think a bit on the particular encounters./]

As a fan of RE, I thought about this too. It's a tough one for sure.

(Totally off topic, I think berelinde should make a Laran boy-toy joinable NPC. He's good for my PC's ego)

[/quote/]

:) That would be a mod worth playing, she's a very good writer.

On the other hand, supporting crossmod with Saerileth(or John Doe NPC, etc) would add to the credibility of the character. The same fifteen-year-old-Chosen-of-Tyr-who-beds-PC and later literally drops dead of broken heart if PC ascends.

Yeah, it might be a question of "colliding universes." One could take one's game in that direction or...take it in Angelo's, in which that kind of thing is less likely. I guess when it comes to credibility, it all depends on how it's pulled off. One wouldn't think a basically omnipotent character would be much fun, but...yeah, it depends.

Heh. These days, everybody in my party is a mod NPC, apart from Imoen.

:) I was afraid of this. Yes, crossmod is probably a good idea.

Doro doesn't allow cross-mod on the basis of every non-BioWARE NPC being of too low a quality compared to BioWARE's.

I...see.

Well, probably it wouldn't be a great idea anyway. The number of resurrections in the game-abstract doesn't strain credibility per se...only the number of resurrections in one's party :)

[The "Aren't You Supposed to Be Dead" party:

-PC

-Sarevok

-Irenicus

-Angelo

-Tiax

-Tamoko (in development)

Maybe it would be like "Final Destination" in which the spirit of Death kept stalking you, trying to take back what had been denied it...]

Well, there is also Deheriana; Bio's own Viconia, Edwin and Minsc, who could very well end up dead due to their BG1 subplots; Dynaheir, Yoshimo and Khalid that might show up one day as mods. The small talk about afterlife will be all the rage when the Crossmod for all of them will hit the shelves.

Feuille and I would be very happy to work on crossmod stuff with either Nathaniel or the Luxleys - just as soon as we've got some more free time! I know Feuille has various university commitments, and I'm very busy with university at the moment, plus my modding priority right now is sorting out the Nathaniel bugs, which is going to take quite some doing, so it might be a little while. As for the material about how Angelo's takeover took place, it doesn't contradict anything we say in the Nathaniel mod so I think the mods should be able to work together quite nicely.

Mi-iss Sakaki!

chiyo-chan.gif

Sounds great :) Since it might be extensive, I should probably play Nathaniel first, so waiting until after the release sounds like a safe bet.

(By the way I should repeat here--there's a minor "Sakaki" character in Angelo who is no relation of yours. I probably would have called her something different had I known...)

Speaking of which

I vote for Amber, Fade and Sir Neh'taniel

Ah--Neh'taniel :) Noted.

Yes, after the release (which as may be apparent is coming soon), I'll look into all of this. Thanks for the big response, all!

[The "Aren't You Supposed to Be Dead" party:

-PC

-Sarevok

-Irenicus

-Angelo

-Tiax

-Tamoko (in development)

Maybe it would be like "Final Destination" in which the spirit of Death kept stalking you, trying to take back what had been denied it...]

I can't help but add that I really wish Xzar would be somehow joinable (for the long haul) in BG2. I really really hate that he isn't. Cntrl-Qing him to my party is never worthwhile for long due to his silence. I have to outfit him and replace him so I at least can send him off still "alive."

Archived