Version 7

DavidW

Usabilities: -FtWS ring37, -FtWS ring38
What are these again?

They are the Storm Ring and Dawn Ring - they don't have any magical powers and they come flagged as nonmagical, which is why my wizard slayer alarm popped up. I thought they were both used for some quest, but it appears the Storm Ring (ring37) is unused completely, so it can be skipped.

Adding Kits to Descriptions: +DrAv 17489 plat06 39543 plat18 66421 plat20, +FtBb 39536 plat11 39542 plat17 39543 plat18, +FtKe +PaCa 10043 dart02 10044 dart03 10045 dart04 (and iffier +RaBM @106 cdnebdag 8904 nebdag +DrSh 39555 leat21, +RaBM 39471 sw2h08)
Unfortunately, these will probably have to wait (the GTU is evil, and the default game doesn't list kits at all in usability lists).

No biggie. I'm aware how evil the GTU is. I figured I'd evil it up just a bit more, then come out with a cleansing patch to save the day and get rid of any kits listed in the item usabilities section.

Hmm, I know it's a huge hassle, but could you consider making the code actually repeat itself/or-whatever, with one important difference, that each kind of fix could be installed separately... it might/would fix many problems, and add compatibility to BWL mods. :(

So essentially, if the player pushes the first option, he gets all the fixes, but if he doesn't, he gets to choose. As the components are quite well distinguishable, because of the good .tp2 headers.

They are the Storm Ring and Dawn Ring - they don't have any magical powers and they come flagged as nonmagical, which is why my wizard slayer alarm popped up. I thought they were both used for some quest, but it appears the Storm Ring (ring37) is unused completely, so it can be skipped.
Ah, yeah. The storm ring got the axe; I don't see an issue with removing all usability locks for the dawn ring.

Hmm, I know it's a huge hassle, but could you consider making the code actually repeat itself/or-whatever, with one important difference, that each kind of fix could be installed separately... it might/would fix many problems, and add compatibility to BWL mods. :groucho:
Unfortunately, this is outside the scope of v7 and will likely never happen unless somebody so inclined fully takes over maintenance of the fixpack (i.e., it will never happen).

I should say that my list (above) only includes new fixes, it doesn't include bugfixes to the existing pack. So (for instance) the grandmaster armor and Harper's Call corrections are included. I think I've worked through basically everything in the Nythrun thread.

@Mike1072: apologies, but I decided that incorporating that number of item alterations was outside the scope of this pretty limited project. It's not that I have particular issues with any given item fix, but my impression is that these fixes cause quite a bit of debate and I wanted to just get on and get a functional v7 out there.

Kulyok's Xan uses the Storm Ring in a quest. But it's completely non-magical jewellery.

David, thanks for working on a v7. :(

So we don't need the BWP fixes anymore.

We have a revised German translation of the BG2 Fixpack and a new updated German readme. It would be nice if you can include these in the v7. :(

I would also like to include Immortality's update to the Spanish translation, but I can't seem to download it. Could someone post a copy of the tra files?

I've put the revised Spanish translation in the package, too.

Here you get the new translation files.

Greetings Leomar

David, thanks for working on a v7. :(

So we don't need the BWP fixes anymore.

We have a revised German translation of the BG2 Fixpack and a new updated German readme. It would be nice if you can include these in the v7. :(

I would also like to include Immortality's update to the Spanish translation, but I can't seem to download it. Could someone post a copy of the tra files?

I've put the revised Spanish translation in the package, too.

Here you get the new translation files.

Greetings Leomar

I've squeezed them in.

Archived