Feedback

just 1 change: drow to 20%, and only top of the top villains like the dragons stay ~40% TOPS not more, fiends can stay ~30%

This is far more difficult than you realize. If you just set rules like

If current MR is over 50%
   Then set MR to 25%
If current MR is between 40% and 50%
   Then set MR to 20%
Etc.
...then you will drag in all sorts of creatures that you don't want to. If you want to specify each creature then you need to delve into Near Infinity or DLTCEP and find every single .CRE file and sort them into categories of what their MR should be. And you would need to account for every single .CRE file added by every single mod. It's almost impossible, and even if possible, certainly more work than it's worth.

You can try sitting by some kind of IDS types, that way you could, for instance, exclude undead so everyone's precious cheesy supertank skeleton warriors would be untouched... but there's no way to distinguish between drow elves and surface elves. So how do you make sure you don't give MR to every surface elf?

You can look into this stuff or you can trust me because I've already looked into it: there's just no reasonable way to do this well. There's a reason my mod uses such a blunt approach.

Again about holy word/unholy word, deafness and silence. No doubt this thing needs a save. But also when your char is deafened it needs a proper countering cure spell like the cure disease or break enchantment.

-maybe deafness should be cured by break enchantment/cure disease so that a party member can help the deafened character promptly to remove this terrible effect.

-can vocalize be cast while silenced? maybe it should be also 100% cast while deafened and cure it too?

If it has a save vs deafness and also deafness has a proper cure spell it will become balanced and fine.

unholy word is rly stopping me from playing atm.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Again about holy word/unholy word, deafness and silence. No doubt this thing needs a save. But also when your char is deafened it needs a proper countering cure spell like the cure disease or break enchantment.

-maybe deafness should be cured by break enchantment/cure disease so that a party member can help the deafened character promptly to remove this terrible effect.

-can vocalize be cast while silenced? maybe it should be also 100% cast while deafened and cure it too?

If it has a save vs deafness and also deafness has a proper cure spell it will become balanced and fine.

unholy word is rly stopping me from playing atm.

I'm tweaking (Un)Holy Word for the next build, but in the meanwhile:

- Cure Disease already counters deafness (and blindness)

- Vocalize cancels Silence and can be cast when affected by the latter

- within V4 Break Enchantment can cure silence but you have to cast it with someone not already affected by Silence itself

I admit a "mass deafness with no save" can be a pain, but it's not a death sentence either.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Can you tell me how is the "imp invis + non-detection + dispelling screen" countered?

If i have a dude with imp invis, cloak of non-detection and disp screen, the opponent casters wont be ever able to target me with spells? Provided that they dont see invisible like the fiends.

What if i have imp inv + non detection? will the SCS AI be able to AOE dispel me and handle it?

Improved Invisibility + Non-detection

Can you tell me how is the "imp invis + non-detection + dispelling screen" countered?

If i have a dude with imp invis, cloak of non-detection and disp screen, the opponent casters wont be ever able to target me with spells? Provided that they dont see invisible like the fiends.

What if i have imp inv + non detection? will the SCS AI be able to AOE dispel me and handle it?

Let's go step by step.

Improved Invisibility:

- Detect Illusion (1), Invisibility Purge and Oracle currently dispel II (same as vanilla)

- with SR Detect Invisibility (2) and True Seeing makes the caster "see invisible" but do not fully dispel II

- Faerie Fire does not dispel II, but can make an II target partially visible, and prevents invisibility for a short period

- Glitterdust removes II

I'd like to rename (1) and (2) as per later editions: Dispel Illusions and See Invisibility. It makes their function much more clear imo.

Non-detection:

- makes you immune to "divination attacks" such as Detect Illusion, Invisibility Purge and Oracle (also Know Opponent, Know Alignment, etc.)

- does not protect from True Seeing because this spell doesn't truly affect targets anymore but rather the caster himself

- both Faerie Fire and Glitterdust bypass it

Dispelling Screen (aka SI:Abj):

- simply adds one more layer of protection over Non-detection

- can be countered by any spell removal if the caster can "see invisibility"

- absorbs only 1 cast of Dispel Magic with Kreso's tweak (much like a Spell Shield but against DM)

Conclusions:

- fully removing II when protected by Non-detection can only be done via Glitterdust or Dispel Magic but the latter can be blocked by DS/SI:Abj

- countering II+Non-detection can still be done via TS, the caster of TS is able to target the II creature normally

Note that TS isn't the end of all illusions like it used to be in vanilla (it doesn't even dispel illusionary clones such as Mislead) thus caster's allies still have to deal with II and eventual other illusions.

Edited by Demivrgvs

"partially visible" via detect invisibility and true seeing and faerie fire removes -4 miss penalty of II?

Dpes it work for the whole party or only for the character who cast detect invis/TS?

Just to be sure: "partially visible" and "see invisibility" aren't the same thing.

You are partially visible after taking an offensive action while under Improved Invisibility. The partially visible character appears semi-transparent, cannot be directly targeted by spells or abilities, but can be targeted by physical attacks with a -4 penalty to attack rolls. Within Revisions many spells which once used "remove invisibility" now only use "force visible", making the target partially visible instead of fully dispelling II.

See invisibility allows the affected creature - only him - to target a partially visible creature as if fully visible. Spells and abilities can be directly targeted, physical attacks do not suffer -4 penalty. SR's True Seeing grants the caster this ability but, as I said on my previous post, TS only affects the caster now, the rest of the party still has to deal with partially visible creatures on their own (e.g. an allied warrior still suffer -4 thac0 penalty).

Faerie Fire doesn't remove the -4 penalty from II because it doesn't dispel II. FF turns fully invisible targets into "partially visible". That being said, an II creature struck by FF is easier to hit because of FF's -2 AC penalty (thus the -4 penalty from II can be considered halved).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Oracle

Oracle will destroy Mislead clones and Projected Images, correct?

Yes, right now it does. I was actually thinking to remove such feature and leave it to Detect/Dispel Illusions (as a niche feature of that underused 3rd lvl spell).

With the next build Oracle will also work as a Mass Know Opponent.

True Seeing vs. Detect/See Invisibility

What does TS get you that See Invisible doesn't?

TS lasts twice as much and also work as a SI:Illusion giving immunity to Spook, Shadow Door's maze-like effect, plus the upcomings Phantasmal Killer, Solipsism and Weird.

TS can counter blindness (as per SCS) and the new Obscuring Mist.

In the current build TS highlights illusionary clones/creatures, but I was thinking to make it "weaken" them (e.g. halving hit points). It will also come useful against Phantasmal Force and Shades illusionary summons.

Last but not least, priests don't have See Invisibility, but TS is a bit cheaper for them.

Edited by Demivrgvs

In the current build TS highlights illusionary clones/creatures, but I was thinking to make it "weaken" them (e.g. halving hit points). It will also come useful against Phantasmal Force and Shades illusionary summons.

Something like this would be very cool. I'm not sure what can be done as a technical matter, but maybe TS could act like a Scroll of Prot. from Undead, against illusionary creatures like Projected Images or Simulacrums. So they can't target the TS caster?

Well, that wouldn't be easy to do in ways that work equally for the player and AI.

Hmmm... maybe a blunt approach - just have TS Slow any illusionary creatures, or something. That could be cool because it would hamper their utility without destroying them outright. And it would work (by .eff) on other spells/creatures tagged as illusions, like Shadow Monsters, Demishadow Monsters and Shades from IWDEE/IWDification.

Edited by subtledoctor

Is it possible to selectively allow multiple creatures to stand in the same place, so a TS affected creature could "walk through" an illusory creature?

Well, if TS would make the illusionary creatures "unselectable" with opcode #287, then well yeah. But this better make the creatures also well totally not able to attack.

Ideally the druid's insect spells should be also getting a cure. Sometimes they are just too overpowered just like the no save word of faith. they do damage, debuff and completely wreck spellcasting. this is way way too much for a single spell.

insect spells could be fixed:

-save checked every round, not once in the very beginning

-cure disease should remove it probably

All the miscast magic spells like the word of faith and insects could be further nerfed by giving only ~20% miscast no more.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Ideally the druid's insect spells should be also getting a cure. Sometimes they are just too overpowered just like the no save word of faith. they do damage, debuff and completely wreck spellcasting. this is way way too much for a single spell.

insect spells could be fixed:

-save checked every round, not once in the very beginning

-cure disease should remove it probably

All the miscast magic spells like the word of faith and insects could be further nerfed by giving only ~20% miscast no more.

- Within SR all insect swarms already let the targets save each round to avoid spell failure and halving the dmg.

- Gust of Wind would be much more appropriate. Also, Fire Shield grants immunity to insect spells within SCS/SR.

You really hate spell failure eh? I think you brought up Holy/Unholy Word at least 10 times. :D Anyway, I'm open to discuss them but its Deafness effect doesn't sound so OP considering a Cure Disease spell cancel it. For a moment I thought the problem was demons/devils spamming it, but even a Pit Fiend can use it only once.

For a moment I thought the problem was demons/devils spamming it, but even a Pit Fiend can use it only once.

That would be a nice argument, until you realize there could be thousands of those.

And what about a caster that can't just Cure Disease ?

It's not like all the mage in the game are liches. Aka, undead presumably immune to the effects of... the Holy/Unholy Word is not a disease, it's an negative enchantment, aka a curse. Arguments ? Shut the fuck up. So you gonna die now ? :p:devlook: