Feedback

Unholy Word

For a moment I thought the problem was demons/devils spamming it, but even a Pit Fiend can use it only once.

That would be a nice argument, until you realize there could be thousands of those.
And what about a caster that can't just Cure Disease ?

Thousands Pit Fiends? Then you should die instantly. :D Jokes aside, afaik among devils only the pit fiend has it, and not a single demon has it, not even the balor.

It's not like all the mage in the game are liches. Aka, undead presumably immune to the effects of... the Holy/Unholy Word is not a disease, it's an negative enchantment, aka a curse. Arguments ? Shut the fuck up. So you gonna die now ? :p:devlook:

I have no idea what you're trying to say with the first part...that the spell is OP against AI mages? Spell Deflection can block it with the intended SR setup (aka SD working vs AoE) but I'd be much more sympathetic to this than the above because players have more tools at their disposal to counter it.

Speaking of counters, deafness is still deafness, Cure Disease should work on it much like Remove Paralysis works against Hold spells as well as a ghoul's touch. That being said, Break Enchantment should probably cure the effects of Unholy Word yes. Easily done.

Ideally the druid's insect spells should be also getting a cure. Sometimes they are just too overpowered just like the no save word of faith. they do damage, debuff and completely wreck spellcasting. this is way way too much for a single spell.

insect spells could be fixed:

-save checked every round, not once in the very beginning

-cure disease should remove it probably

All the miscast magic spells like the word of faith and insects could be further nerfed by giving only ~20% miscast no more.

- Within SR all insect swarms already let the targets save each round to avoid spell failure and halving the dmg.

- Gust of Wind would be much more appropriate. Also, Fire Shield grants immunity to insect spells within SCS/SR.

You really hate spell failure eh? I think you brought up Holy/Unholy Word at least 10 times. :D Anyway, I'm open to discuss them but its Deafness effect doesn't sound so OP considering a Cure Disease spell cancel it. For a moment I thought the problem was demons/devils spamming it, but even a Pit Fiend can use it only once.

And its only needed to be cast ONCE and its a complete gg no re pls fix this i hate it :D.

During my playthrough the desolar inn party and the halflings in the sphere cast it and everytime they did it i hated it because everyone was deaf and unable to use any magic.

a few things to make swarms and word balanced because they rly arent ATM i just hate them:

-everything requires a save check

-save check every round for the swarm so that if you save you can cast some spell curing this effect.

-fire shield, acid shield and lightning shield save from it but also some other spells could be made useful in case you want to CURE it from your party character. Players must be rewarded for party teamplay I E one of your guys gets in trouble, then the other one cures him.

-only 20% spell failure please, 50% is ridic.

-do the spell deflections protect from the swarm? if no, then maybe it should?

also did you notice how the high level insects cover ALL your party lol

it doesnt matter how few AI have holy word/insect swarm, because everytime they cast it its gamebraking

cure disease and break enchantment are a counter to the holy word, there s one little problem.... 1 holy word makes 6 characters deaf and noone can cast anything even cure disease this is why deafness is stupidly overpowered. you cant counter it casting spells because it prevents it

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Thousands Pit Fiends? Then you should die instantly.

Only a mortal would, a one such as I, would never. To f®iends.

I have no idea what you're trying to say with the first part...that the spell is OP against AI mages? Spell Deflection can block it ...

And if the mage doesn't have one already up, what then ? They should just; choose to die ?

I am not even sure there should be miscast magic as part of the holy word... it might be made to be more powerful version of the Holy Smite spell.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Insect swarms

I'd like to hear more opinions on this matter but I don't feel like insect spells are OP. I think we can make Gust of Wind counter it, but compared to vanilla they already allow a save each round (there was NO SAVE in vanilla against dmg and spell failure), they don't cause fear anymore, and can be blocked by a Fire Shield.

Holy/Unholy Word

I am not even sure there should be miscast magic as part of the holy word...

It has been there in every single PnP edition ever printed (not sure about 4E but that's not even D&D imo).

A deafness effect on a sound based spell seem kinda logic, but I admit large AoE combined with 'no save' can make it annoying to handle (not impossible though, because 50% spell failure isn't 100%). I guess adding a save could easily "fix" it, but these spells never had a save in PnP.

Can any beta tester share his opinion?

I m just fairly convinced in what im saying i ve been asking to nerf these spells maybe a year ago :D. Everything harmful should have a way to be prevented. and cured too! otherwise players will engage in metagaming like sending 1 toon forward to be deaf/insected/whatever

-i have a few remove enchantment (i even took it for my sorc) available to get rid of confusion/domination/silence.

-i have a few remove paralysis to get rid of hold, stun.

-as soon as im getting enough spell slots im getting freedom and maybe chaotic commands to be able to counted webs and charms(the SR charm just leaves your toon standing and its not countered by break enchantment)

but when NPC start casting holy word and insect swarms im at a complete loss: only 3 of my party are mages and none of them have fire shields even, neither do they have slots for it. the clerics are getting storm shields.. whatever it is.. at spell level 7... so in underdark in any case lol.

even then, 1 NPC casts holy word = my whole group is deaf and unable to cast cure disease AT ALL (and i only have two clerics to cast it anyways so even if i could it wouldnt help much).

insect swarm cant be cured by another character

id like to say 50% cast success isnt acceptable level of failure. it would be only balanced if another character can help the deaf/insected(but another character cant cast fire shield !) AND if it allowed a save AND if it was only 20%

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Insect S... I think the spell failure is not as bad as the fact that it's a double whammer, the damage and the failure, as you now, interrupting a spell is easy, you just do 1 point of damage. Unless you have the ToBEx installed and that still only makes it partially resistible, but not a sure thing.

It has been there in every single PnP edition ever printed ... a save in PnP.

And what kind of game is the BG2 ?

How many metamagic feat... ouh yeah, those are not part of the game. Well, they are, if you call HLA's such, but it's not the same thing. And there's no +100% spell non failure rate ability on mages.

(not impossible though, because 50% spell failure isn't 100%)

I am quite sure that ebola doesn't have a 100% death ratio either, but come on man.

Insect spells, Holy/Unholy Word

@Janro and geg Igot your points, I asked for somebody else opinion because yours can be given for granted by now. ;)

Charm vs Break Enchantment

Btw: make note, charm (un;like domination) cant be removed with break enchantment and i think only chaotic commands remove it(need to test it). Is that intended?

I just checked Charm, Dire charm and Charm Person/Animal and many innate variants (used by random monsters I guess), all of them have disabling sec type and are countered by Break Enchantment which removes that sec type. Are you talking about a specific innate variant that I may have missed?

Chaotic Commands doesn't cancel charm or domination, it only prevents them.

Out of curiosity, why does Break Enchantment use a custom SecType for that? Why not just cancel the Charm/Domination opcode(s)? I suspect Geg has a mod compatibility issue, where SR Break Enchantment is not working against some other custom Charm

effect.

This could be remedied, I suppose, by using CLONE_EFFECT early in the SR .tp2, to find all spells that have Charm/Domination effects, and add the SR SecType to them. Then when Break Enchantment is copied in a few seconds later, it will be compatible with any such mods.

As for insect spells... They were always kind of stupidly OP in vanilla, to the point where I found them cheesy and would not use them.

- Save to avoid spell disruption and half damage seems kind of meaningless, when any damage causes its own spell disruption (for the majority of players, who don't/can't use TobEx concentration checks).

- I don't think these spells should do that much damage anyway. Even a bunch of tarantula wasps (look them up, they are terrifying) will stun you more than kill you. Maybe x hp damage every two rounds, so the victim can get some spells off... but some high chance of spell disruption (~60%) and maybe a -4 AC penalty; and s save to reduce those to a 30% failure chance and -2 AC penalty. And maybe the higher level spell, which presumably summons more painful/venomous insects, could stun the target on a failed save (stun for 3 seconds, save every round - so you can slowly try to escape while writhing in pain).

tl;dr: insects should cause distraction and pain, more than actual life-threatening bodily harm.

- As for eliminating insects: I think Gust of Wind should do it (if it can blow size-M creatures away, surely it also works on little insects). GoW should probably should have a quick casting time for this purpose. Also basically any AoE fire spell. For instance, I'd even suggest that Burning Hands should disperse them - I think a broad fan of jetting flames would be an excellent tool to disperse angry bees.

- I think Holy Word is fine... after all it's kind of the original priestly Quest Spell, before quest spells became a thing. If anything, it should be buffed. Killing less than 5 HD is pathetic and useless - weaker than Death Spell! I would combine the Slow and Deafen effects, so that warriors and spellcasters are both hampered by Holy Word, without the arbitrary HD check that basically lets warriors off the hook if they are 12th level.

- A bigger issue is perhaps, is there any other way to cure deafness than the Cure Disease spell? (Which you can't cast of you're deaf.) Shouldn't potions that cure disease also cure deafness? Do they already? Perhaps this is an issue for IR, not SR.

I totally agree about Insect Plague. The problem with Holy Word is that summoned planetars / devas seem to use the old version that deafens you regardless of level, which is extremely annoying.

Edited by toxin

Break Enchantment vs Charm

Out of curiosity, why does Break Enchantment use a custom SecType for that? Why not just cancel the Charm/Domination opcode(s)?

What do you mean? With the new EE-only method? That would be your answer: it's EE only.

Also, sec type is a much easier way to cover all enchantments that BE should dispel.

Insect spells

- Save to avoid spell disruption and half damage seems kind of meaningless, when any damage causes its own spell disruption (for the majority of players, who don't/can't use TobEx concentration checks).

Well, I also tweaked it so that dmg is applied only once each round on a successfull save. Unless you are really terrible at timing your casting that means you can easily cast most spells, and barely cast even those with casting time 8!

- I don't think these spells should do that much damage anyway. Even a bunch of tarantula wasps (look them up, they are terrifying) will stun you more than kill you. Maybe x hp damage every two rounds, so the victim can get some spells off... but some high chance of spell disruption (~60%) and maybe a -4 AC penalty; and s save to reduce those to a 30% failure chance and -2 AC penalty. And maybe the higher level spell, which presumably summons more painful/venomous insects, could stun the target on a failed save (stun for 3 seconds, save every round - so you can slowly try to escape while writhing in pain).

It's 2d3 per round, 1d3 if saved. I would call those "life-threatening" wounds, but I can lower it to d2 if we really want to. Damage isn't a selling point anyway for these spells, except maybe for Creeping Doom (but that's covered by the new poison effect imo).

I really dislike the idea of using 'stun' on these spells.

- As for eliminating insects: I think Gust of Wind should do it (if it can blow size-M creatures away, surely it also works on little insects). GoW should probably should have a quick casting time for this purpose.

GoW already has casting time 1. ;)

Also basically any AoE fire spell. For instance, I'd even suggest that Burning Hands should disperse them - I think a broad fan of jetting flames would be an excellent tool to disperse angry bees.

The same could be said about Web - a Fireball should destroy it - but t's best to draw a line before we start to ask for 100 small details hard or impossible to implement.

(Un)Holy Word

- I think Holy Word is fine... after all it's kind of the original priestly Quest Spell, before quest spells became a thing. If anything, it should be buffed. Killing less than 5 HD is pathetic and useless - weaker than Death Spell! I would combine the Slow and Deafen effects, so that warriors and spellcasters are both hampered by Holy Word, without the arbitrary HD check that basically lets warriors off the hook if they are 12th level.

I'll think about this spell a bit more tonight and let you know. I'm starting to notice a few things I'm not convinced of. Speaking of which, it's slay effect isn't limited at 5HD anymore, it caps at 10HD with caster lvl 20.

- A bigger issue is perhaps, is there any other way to cure deafness than the Cure Disease spell? (Which you can't cast of you're deaf.) Shouldn't potions that cure disease also cure deafness? Do they already? Perhaps this is an issue for IR, not SR.

Cure Disease has casting time 1 within SR, it's worth taking that 1 chance out of 2 of curing deafness imo.

IR's Elixir of Health cures poisons, diseases, blindness and deafness. No spell failure involved. :)

What do you mean? With the new EE-only method? That would be your answer: it's EE only.

The new EE opcode 321 can cancel spells by *spell name.* But I thought the old engine has the ability to cancel spell effects by *opcode.*

Or is it only, *protect* from opcode? If you're affected by Charm and you get hit by a 1-second "protection from Charm" effect (with opcode... 206? 101? I forget) does it not cancel the Charm? (I don't mean Charm like the spell, I mean the Charm opcode.)

It may not work - I'm asking, not telling.

Out of curiosity, why does Break Enchantment use a custom SecType for that? Why not just cancel the Charm/Domination opcode(s)? I suspect Geg has a mod compatibility issue, where SR Break Enchantment is not working against some other custom Charm

effect.

This could be remedied, I suppose, by using CLONE_EFFECT early in the SR .tp2, to find all spells that have Charm/Domination effects, and add the SR SecType to them. Then when Break Enchantment is copied in a few seconds later, it will be compatible with any such mods.

As for insect spells... They were always kind of stupidly OP in vanilla, to the point where I found them cheesy and would not use them.

tl;dr: insects should cause distraction and pain, more than actual life-threatening bodily harm.

- As for eliminating insects: I think Gust of Wind should do it (if it can blow size-M creatures away, surely it also works on little insects). GoW should probably should have a quick casting time for this purpose. Also basically any AoE fire spell. For instance, I'd even suggest that Burning Hands should disperse them - I think a broad fan of jetting flames would be an excellent tool to disperse angry bees.

my mods:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v10
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108 // Allow Equipping Armor in Combat: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0025
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.07
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1091 // Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Divine Spellcasters -> Clerics and Druids: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 8
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 8
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 11
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 11
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 11
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4200 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4215 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4218 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6561 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids can see through invisibility (matches Tactics mod): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8043 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Maximum difficulty: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2092 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Level 30 Experience Point Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Are Never Angry About Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // No Traps or Locks (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v16
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

Also, Demi pls give us an option to have all spells with 1 or 0 casting speed. micromanagement in this game isnt fun and losing spells isnt fun as well. The AI wont be losing spells either so its fair. What do you think. Just an option for those who want that. I know it screws with casting time IR balance but for me its a much less deal then what spell failing due to sudden fireball is. Concentration loss is a bad part of BG2 its too easy to happen and it messes up interparty teamplay when you want to buff/heal/cure your characters. We could minimise this if all spells work instantly this will be more balanced and fun

Bg2 is an old game. old games tend to have some problems with micromanagement and UI. losing spells to stray fireballs is one of them. Pillars of Eternity turned out to be pretty bad game but even it has no conccentration loss neither does the new one... forgot its name. I always come back to BG2 and it would be a perfect game just if not things like damage spell failure, Word of faith and insects etc. It has enough pathing issues and micromanagement issues to further worry about losing spells in battles with 5 enemy AOE spellcasters on a screen

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

You're asking way too much here. That's not something SR should be doing. Demi takes great care to consider stuff like spellcasting speed for each spell (more more than the original devs did) and he should make that decision based on his own judgment.

"Reduce casting time of every spell to 1" is a whole other mod someone can make; It has nothing to do with SR.

Aldo, btw, that would be a really easy mod to make. I bet It can be done in less than 10 lines of Weidu, total. No joke. I'm on my phone and can't do it now, but I bet Jarno can give you the code right off the top of his head.