Kit Revisions (Fighters)

Demivrgvs

Within IR, I've found several items which seem perfect for berserker. My setup will be based around the idea of "hit me and you'll be sorry" - Nature's Vengeance cloak (1D10 electrical damage on attacker), Death Knight's Armor (cold damage to attacker, immunity to Necromancy and healing), belt of Trollish Fortitude (for Regen).

So far I've found belt and cloak (Randomizer) and it works really good.

Heh, watch out for Yamato+3 (but you need to dw for this one) and Darkfire Bow in ToB for even more fun. :)

Within IR, I've found several items which seem perfect for berserker. My setup will be based around the idea of "hit me and you'll be sorry" - Nature's Vengeance cloak (1D10 electrical damage on attacker), Death Knight's Armor (cold damage to attacker, immunity to Necromancy and healing), belt of Trollish Fortitude (for Regen).

Heh, watch out for Yamato+3 (but you need to dw for this one) and Darkfire Bow in ToB for even more fun. :)

I indeed had Yamato in mind, but I don't see my Berserker wielding this weapon instead of Vorpal Sword. Darkfire Fireshields would be great indeed, however I dislike the idea of using it's ability and switching to another weapon. Call me nostalgic, but I avoid even using Invisibility spells/items on characters dressed in Chain mail/Plate (they make sound and all) ;). If I need invisibility, Plate goes in backpack.

Wall of text ahead...

Berserker

Feedback for Berserker BG1

First of all, he's much, much more balanced. You won't see that (almost no-penalty) Frenzy triggering nearly as much in travels around wilderness, due to the fact he usually hits far more often that he's being hit (Full-plate and all).

It does trigger much more often when it really makes a significant difference, which is great. bonuses are neat, and the extra apr really helps in such harder battles. Furthermore, I never reloaded because of slaying innocents.

Overall, imo, for BG1, (can't believe I'm saying this after all this time :D ) - done.

:)

I settled for using 2-handed swords, so Frenzy +1 apr will still be useful in ToB.
A dual wielder reaches "only" 4 apr, thus even with SRv4 Improved Haste the cap shouldn't be a problem a problem. What am I forgetting?

Excelled in Durlag's tower, for some reason, demolishing that end Demon solo under Rage/Frenzy in 2 rounds.
Every time you say things like this I fear we've made him too powerful for certain situations...

Also, he's very useful vs heavily armored clerics, which tend to cause much problems due to low AC/prebuff. (I have ToBEx option not to disrupt spellcasting so easilly).
I'm really really interested in this. Both I and Arda had high hopes for this ToBEx feature to finally allow clerics to shine even without Stoneskins and PfMW-like spells. How do you feel about it? Does it perform well?

Berserker, SoA, Irenicus Dungeon until mid Underdark (levels 8-14)

Traveling with Mincs (Barbarian), Mazzy, Aerie, Cernd and Imoen (all vanilla)

I'll start with not so good news. Berserk opcode seems completely unpredictable. Sometimes, he will turn to your own party and attack them regardless of enemy standing next to him. Happens rarely, but it does happen.

I don't understand why the opcode seems to work so well in BG1 and much worse in BG2. :(

He does work as a single front-liner, or with constant micro of your other front-liners (only Minsc in my case). Another option is to use him as vanilla Kensai - send someone in first, then attack with Berserker. This option works, but it makes little sense to use Berserker in such a way (a fighter can do the same).
Well, ideally the first option is how the class should work. A Berserker should be the first to rush into battle, and should not be a cooperative warrior. Just don't put another warrior next to him in melee, no?

"Hit me and you'll be sorry" :D Speaking of Randomizer, do keep in mind that with IR (and even more in future release) that mod doesn't work well imo, especially since Arda added his cool component, because almost all items within IR now are in a particular place, or used by a particular creature for a reason.

Within BG2 levels, his "unreliability" increases by a large margin. He keeps his title as "the most damaging" fighter (he does more damage than a Kensai, actually, provided use of Offensive Stance which I use on him liberally (read:always)). He still needs to keep battles very short - this was very easy in BG1, for BG2 it's not so anymore.

I'll see how it goes from Underdark to ToB and give more feedback.

Overall, he does seem a bit weak at mid levels, but this may be

a) just my experience (given the randomness factor)

b) SCS 2 enemies factor

c) I have missed something about Berserk opcode and how to avoid getting targeted by him.

Mmm...sounds like we need some feedback from other players to better judge factors a) and c). Let's hope Kalindor or Lawlight will try this class a little bit. :)

Maybe adding a "cure Frenzy" button wouldn't be so bad, even if it would work for a split second, just until he stops focusing on his own. Not sure.
It's not that easy but I'll think about possible solutions.

Barbarian

I had Barbarian, Minsc (Flail and Shield);

I am very surprised by how effective this kit is in BG2. Even with sub-par DEX score Minsc obtains an AC score of -16 , dressed in leather/medium shield/FoA. He attacks very fast, all he needs in combat is a single kill to trigger Cleave effect. At these levels (14), he pretty much equals my Berserker in damage output, sometimes even surpasses him. The real "big kahuna" is his Rage upgrade at 10th level - this means he can use Rage immediately at the start of battle, which helps him grab the first kill for Cleave to come online. After that it's like a domino effect.

He isn't that good vs big enemies, he needs Cleave badly (aTweaks Elementals are very difficult for him, for example) but otherwise, very, very powerful kit.

I do expected this kit to be good at pretty much any level. I still wish to replace level 9 Supreme Cleave with something better (I'll try again Leap Attack myself - I want it too much!), but overall this kit is really solid (both defensively and offensively) and very easy to use (it's even more "easy mode" than a True Fighter imo).

True Fighter

Mazzy (my halfing shortbow fighter):

Again, plesantly surprised. Called shots never seem to stop to amaze me. Trip vs Sahaugin mages is golden (I make sure that even if they get up they're filled with Acid). With only leather armor, she stays behind frontlines, picking of mages in an instant. In other instances, she uses Offensive Stance for extra 3 damage per arrow, making her a DPS machine as well.

With SCS, mages run around constantly, doing their best to avoid melee hits. Trip makes it impossible for them to run, bypasing any defences apart from AC (but Mazzy doesn't miss :cool: ). She became my fav BG2 NPC.

I'm really glad to hear the poor old Fighter base class now looks and performs so well. :) Like the Barbarian I do feel he needs very little refinements (mostly related to the Tactician features).

I'm only a little bit worried about Called Shot's maximum potential. Please let me know if this ability starts to look too much powerful. Always keep in mind that Revisions mods are not intended to directly affect difficulty, but between making things easier or harder, I obviously pick "harder". ;)

Berserker

Overall, imo, for BG1, (can't believe I'm saying this after all this time :D ) - done.

:D Basically, if I can finish any SCS battle on maximum prebuff etc. on Core difficulty I'd consider a kit playable. I'm no expert at this game (those people playing no-reloads are) and impose a lot of self - limitations on my gameplay. Given I had little trouble even in final battle (no more than without Kit Revisions runthroughs) I'd say Berserker is indeed fine. Has his strong points, has his weak points, as he should.

A dual wielder reaches "only" 4 apr, thus even with SRv4 Improved Haste the cap shouldn't be a problem a problem. What am I forgetting?

3 APR level 13 Grandmastery, +2 imp.haste +1 Frenzy=6. Two-handed weapons, no? If he was dual-wielding (4apr) Frenzy wouldn't add +1 APR with imp.haste.

Excelled in Durlag's tower, for some reason, demolishing that end Demon solo under Rage/Frenzy in 2 rounds.
Every time you say things like this I fear we've made him too powerful for certain situations...

Well, it took 1 reload :p . First time he used PW:Blind on me, I tried to destroy the mirror and images it created cast Chaos. LOL, let's reload (everybody was confused). 2nd time demon tried for Remove magic, got disrupted + Frenzy triggered. 4 hits for over 100 damage total.

Otoh, another hard battle was against 3 dwarven Doom Guards. These are very difficult, sometimes I skip this battle completely.

He killed all 3 of them under Rage/Frenzy. Barely survived, had Minsc to help but was hitting for twice the damage Minsc had.

Point is, certain fights in BG1 feature oponnents with very low AC and magic resistance (can be labeled as "immunity" within BG1). Berserker's bonuses really come to play here.

Also, he's very useful vs heavily armored clerics, which tend to cause much problems due to low AC/prebuff. (I have ToBEx option not to disrupt spellcasting so easilly).
I'm really really interested in this. Both I and Arda had high hopes for this ToBEx feature to finally allow clerics to shine even without Stoneskins and PfMW-like spells. How do you feel about it? Does it perform well?

It does. I like it, otherwise I feel as clerics really got the s*** end of the stick in this game. I would tweak the formula a bit however;

Now it's

(1D20 + luck) > (spell level + damage taken)

I'd change to

(1D20 + caster level) > ((10 - spell level) + damage taken)

Makes more sense somehow. Ain't 1D20 "luck" already?

I don't understand why the opcode seems to work so well in BG1 and much worse in BG2. :(

Beats me. I searched over internet for mentions of Berserk opcode, various forums, chatrooms etc. Failed to find anyhing of use. Looked at Minsc's Berserk ability. Tried exchanging Berserk opcode for "Attack nearest" (tought at least some logic would be good, doesn't work.)

He does work as a single front-liner, or with constant micro of your other front-liners (only Minsc in my case). Another option is to use him as vanilla Kensai - send someone in first, then attack with Berserker. This option works, but it makes little sense to use Berserker in such a way (a fighter can do the same).
Well, ideally the first option is how the class should work. A Berserker should be the first to rush into battle, and should not be a cooperative warrior. Just don't put another warrior next to him in melee, no?

If this is what you had in mind, he's perfect. Gonna try him out like that.

"Hit me and you'll be sorry" :D Speaking of Randomizer, do keep in mind that with IR (and even more in future release) that mod doesn't work well imo, especially since Arda added his cool component, because almost all items within IR now are in a particular place, or used by a particular creature for a reason.

I know....just decided to give it a try. I ended up not finding DEX Tome. :(

Mmm...sounds like we need some feedback from other players to better judge factors a) and c). Let's hope Kalindor or Lawlight will try this class a little bit. :)

Agreed.

Maybe adding a "cure Frenzy" button wouldn't be so bad, even if it would work for a split second, just until he stops focusing on his own. Not sure.
It's not that easy but I'll think about possible solutions.

Well, if your intention is to make him a single self supporting melee death machine, keep him as he is and don't bother with above suggestion. Give him some extra "bloodied abilities" instead so he rivals other kits (Kensai's damage/mobility/parry, WS's prowess vs mages, Monk's fast stunning attacks/elusiveness, Barbarian's survability); like:

more damage when below 50/25 health (he died twice on me when he needed just one more hit :p to survive), higher chance for critical when wounded, etc.. Anything to end the battle faster prior to Deathless Frenzy. I see no problem with Berserker gaining superior damage over anybody else - tradeoff is huge for an AI enhancing mod.

I'm certain however (and gonna try it) he can work as a single frontliner even in BG2, given sufficient care, SCS or not. If that was your idea about him, I'll let you know how he does. You'll even get feedback on Undead Hunter this way. ;)

Also, many of these issues are irrelevant for vanilla game. He can probably solo it as he is with little trouble.

Barbarian

I do expected this kit to be good at pretty much any level. I still wish to replace level 9 Supreme Cleave with something better (I'll try again Leap Attack myself - I want it too much!), but overall this kit is really solid (both defensively and offensively) and very easy to use (it's even more "easy mode" than a True Fighter imo).

Speaking of Supreme Cleave.....you might actually want to remove this. It's a very, very powerful ability. The boost in power Barbarian gets with this is amazing. It's not very useful in "boss" battles, but how many are there such battles anyway? Even in those select few, his tanking ability is superb (there are very few oponnents with ability to hit AC near -20, has inborn DR and HP pool to boot)

I also liked the idea behind Leap. Maybe tying up trigger for this effect to something else other than "10 feet range" could work?

I'd also recomend removing Offensive Stance from him. In BG1, it's almost unusable for him, he doesn't have THAC0 so good that he can use it and +2 damage isn't worth the loss of THAC0. Later, the boost in power is quite noticable with his apr count (which, in turn, gives yet more apr). I'm fine with him being hard to kill, attacking fast as well, but not with such power when he makes a single kill (with some decent micro, you can always trigger Cleave).

True Fighter

I'm only a little bit worried about Called Shot's maximum potential. Please let me know if this ability starts to look too much powerful. Always keep in mind that Revisions mods are not intended to directly affect difficulty, but between making things easier or harder, I obviously pick "harder". ;)

Will let you know once I know more then.

I think the fact that Frenzy seems to be much "worse" in BG2 is due to the simple fact that battles last much longer, therefore Berserker will rarely go into chill down period (in BG1, most of the battles are solved much faster, and if he can't see an enemy, Frenzy ends in the following round, regardless of its duration, making it possible for him to have a front-line companion beside him.).

Anyway, I managed to get my Berserker to Ascension battle. Long and painful way, but he's there.

Tried finishing it a few times, failed. :( Maybe I got rusty, I haven't played Ascension in ages.

As for such high-levels, Deathless Frenzy is an ok ability. It's not overly powerful or useful, I'd rate it below Slow time and Kensai's new treats (still need to try those, but Apsolute Immunity can't be bad :p ). The biggest problem seems to be in fact that Frenzy sometimes (very often in ToB) triggers at full health, and ends when you're a hit or two away from dying, which is very annoying.

Rarely, Berserker will Frenzy again during that short time, but if he doesn't, that big healing potion he manages to drink can hardly save him, given that he's usually far from any party members.

It's a boon, sure, but relying on it is impossible.

For gameplay, I usually resorted to ADHW galore while he was "tanking" under Regeneration/Hardiness.

Overall, he's very unique, playable (given you keep everybody further back from him), has severe issues with tanking, (especially Beholders, I ended up skipping those in Underdark and resorted to summons tactics for those in Sewers. Similar thing happens with Basilisk in BG1, but they're pathetic compared to Elder Orbs), and in the late game, his disadvantages seem to clearly outweight his advantages. It's very hard to keep him alive during certain encounters.

His auto-removal of bad effects while Frenzied is great and works flawlessly.

For suggestions - every skill so far from KR has some sort of "progression". Frenzy, otoh, stays the same. Maybe something could be done with it at levels 10/19 like the rest?

Also, if he's supposed to be a one-man-wall (with thorns ;) ), I'd suggest raising his chance to enter Frenzy when hit. It won't matter much, if any, in BG1 (he very rarely even gets hit there, let alone Frenzied if he's not Enraged. If he'd prove overly powerful there, I suggest -50% resistance to missiles when Frenzied. Even in PnP, while Frenzied, he cannot take cover from missile fire. But even -2 AC is a big penalty as it is), and in BG2 I'd simply make Frenzy state somehow much better than it is.

Not sure how, however.

In BG2, he tends to get disabled very much even before he makes a single hit on the enemy (dispeled protections on your tank are very often in SCS) and a higher chance to Frenzy when hit would help vs these.

Furthermore, it would make Deathless Frenzy more likely to trigger on those near-death scenarios.

I'm gonna try him in a different setup (without SCS) and see if it will change my opinion of Berserker in BG2.

Also, regardless of all issues, I really like him.

Berserker

As for such high-levels, Deathless Frenzy is an ok ability. It's not overly powerful or useful, I'd rate it below Slow time and Kensai's new treats (still need to try those, but Apsolute Immunity can't be bad :p ). The biggest problem seems to be in fact that Frenzy sometimes (very often in ToB) triggers at full health, and ends when you're a hit or two away from dying, which is very annoying.
I do imagined to make Frenzy auto-trigger when low on health, but then we would have to find a way to avoid the "perma-Frenzy = immortal" issue. Mmm...

What about allowing the Berserker to willingly enter a Frenzy when he wishes?

It's a quite drastic change imo, and it could be done in two ways: either Rage grants a temporary Frenzy innate to select, or Frenzy and Rage becomes the same thing. I'm not really convinced right now though, I'm just putting all ideas on the table.

Overall, he's very unique, playable (given you keep everybody further back from him), has severe issues with tanking, (especially Beholders, I ended up skipping those in Underdark and resorted to summons tactics for those in Sewers. Similar thing happens with Basilisk in BG1, but they're pathetic compared to Elder Orbs), and in the late game, his disadvantages seem to clearly outweight his advantages. It's very hard to keep him alive during certain encounters.
Is it difficult to keep him alive because of the lack of control, or just because you can't rely on potions?

His auto-removal of bad effects while Frenzied is great and works flawlessly.

For suggestions - every skill so far from KR has some sort of "progression". Frenzy, otoh, stays the same. Maybe something could be done with it at levels 10/19 like the rest?
Well, it actually gets a big upgrade with Deathless Frenzy, doesn't it? That being said, I'm considering this yes.

Also, if he's supposed to be a one-man-wall (with thorns ;) ), I'd suggest raising his chance to enter Frenzy when hit.
I don't understand...on one hand you seem to imply that he is hard to keep alive because he goes crazy, otoh you suggest to make him enter a frenzy more often to make him more durable. I'm confused. :D

In BG2, he tends to get disabled very much even before he makes a single hit on the enemy (dispeled protections on your tank are very often in SCS) and a higher chance to Frenzy when hit would help vs these.
I'm not sure how to consider this. He surely is no more vulnerable than other warriors, and the latest "auto-removal of bad effects while frenzied" actually makes him much less vulnerable to many disabling effects.

Also, regardless of all issues, I really like him.
The only reason I still haven't dropped Frenzy and the whole "lack of control" is because you and other testers are saying me the class is very fun because of it. Everything would indeed be much easier to handle without this feature, but berserking is what define a Berserker the most imo (the opcode itself is named 'berserking'!).

Berserker.I do imagined to make Frenzy auto-trigger when low on health, but then we would have to find a way to avoid the "perma-Frenzy = immortal" issue. Mmm...

I know, bothers me as well. Cooldown + exhaustion maybe?

What about allowing the Berserker to willingly enter a Frenzy when he wishes?

It's a quite drastic change imo, and it could be done in two ways: either Rage grants a temporary Frenzy innate to select, or Frenzy and Rage becomes the same thing. I'm not really convinced right now though, I'm just putting all ideas on the table.

A bit too drastic, imo.

Is it difficult to keep him alive because of the lack of control, or just because you can't rely on potions?

Potions/cannot switch targets (I want to disrupt mages/clerics sometimes, and kill them as soon as Breach lands, not bother with fighter types), cannot retreat (altough I like this), cannot maneuver, sometimes wastes time on running after a panicked target while other enemies whack him mercillesly, summons can be problematic if no Death spell available. Mostly potions, however. Insta-heal for 30 HP is godsent, potions of Stone Form and the like even more.

Well, it actually gets a big upgrade with Deathless Frenzy, doesn't it? That being said, I'm considering this yes.

It is, but it's very random how useful this can be. In game (ToB), several times he went in Frenzy when I wanted to (20 HP or so), and the moment Frenzy ended he went into another one (on the next hit), making himself unkillable for 36 seconds.... Other times, he'd just turn green (controlable) and die. Sometimes Frenzy just didn't trigger, for all effort. It's very unreliable.

Also, if he's supposed to be a one-man-wall (with thorns ;) ), I'd suggest raising his chance to enter Frenzy when hit.
I don't understand...on one hand you seem to imply that he is hard to keep alive because he goes crazy, otoh you suggest to make him enter a frenzy more often to make him more durable. I'm confused. :D

It simple, actually - make Frenzy better! :D Not for BG1- it's pretty balanced there, it's both a curse and a blessing as well (he still dies more often than any other fighter kit (those AC penalties can really hurt), but he does make a real impact!). If he needs to stand alone, (it's not like he needs, I played through BG1 with Barbarian right next to him, but it gets much harder in BG2) take all the blows/disables/fireballs etc. on himself he better bring some kind of heavy firepower to the table.

Take this as an example; I assume you played SCS. Say you have a fighter, any kit. Battle starts. How many different actions will you command him within 3 rounds? I usually, 3, one for each round. Attack this, switch weapon, drink potion, move there, attack Cleric so he doesn't cast x, etc. Berserker usually can't do anything of those. He simply attacks. I'm fine with that, but he should be really good at it (he is in BG1, that's why he's so good there) since the drawback is enormous. PFMW also completely nullifies him, as he cannot switch to normal weapons.

I'm not sure how to consider this. He surely is no more vulnerable than other warriors, and the latest "auto-removal of bad effects while frenzied" actually makes him much less vulnerable to many disabling effects.

It does, when and if it triggers. I usually want Frenzy, so he rushes in front (enraged) to trigger it, no? Of course, all fighters are prone to disables.

The only reason I still haven't dropped Frenzy and the whole "lack of control" is because you and other testers are saying me the class is very fun because of it. Everything would indeed be much easier to handle without this feature, but berserking is what define a Berserker the most imo (the opcode itself is named 'berserking'!).

I know. Do note, however, in BG1 this kit is (imo) quite on par with other kits, even stands much better in certain battles. If Lawlight or Kalindor would try him in BG2 I'd be very happy. Therefore, I stand by what I said - in BG1, he may be very well set for how he is.

I think a nerf might be needed - Kensai's Ki Dodge seems OP as it is, turning some fights into slaughters (just like Kensai/mage)

Suggestion - since this is supposed to be a Parry move, he shouldn't be able to attack, at least not with full apr number. -2 or -3 apr should balance it.

Also, Ki Strike doesn't look very appealing anymore...maybe socre criticals?

Kensai

I think a nerf might be needed - Kensai's Ki Dodge seems OP as it is, turning some fights into slaughters (just like Kensai/mage)

Suggestion - since this is supposed to be a Parry move, he shouldn't be able to attack, at least not with full apr number. -2 or -3 apr should balance it.

I like the way you think man. ;) I do imagined ages ago a parry ability which worked as a -x apr for +x "stoneskin", but it cannot be implemented. I don't know if ToBEx fixes apr opcode to allow for "-x apr" (back then only -1/2 apr seemed to work) or "set apr to x", but if it remains a full parry we might as well go for 0 apr which surely works. I'm still not sure the ability really need such a big nerf, but if other testers agree I like your suggestion.

That being said...if this ability is OP, how do you consider a F/M or the (in)famous Kensage with a 6th level spell granting the same thing for 4 rounds instead of 1? :D

Also, Ki Strike doesn't look very appealing anymore...maybe socre criticals?
You mean compared to Ki Dodge or in general? Because by itself is pretty much vanilla's "kai" with 3 seconds shorter duration but +4 bonus to thac0 (ensuring all attacks hit the target).

Kensai

I like the way you think man. ;) I do imagined ages ago a parry ability which worked as a -x apr for +x "stoneskin", but it cannot be implemented. I don't know if ToBEx fixes apr opcode to allow for "-x apr" (back then only -1/2 apr seemed to work) or "set apr to x", but if it remains a full parry we might as well go for 0 apr which surely works. I'm still not sure the ability really need such a big nerf, but if other testers agree I like your suggestion.

Well, I know that such option exists in ToBEx, I'll try something to see if it works. I'm certain ToBEx fixed WW + Belm wrapping attacks to 2, am not sure about other stuff.

As for other options, I also considered being unable to move, or making attacks with a large damage penalty. Not sure. I'd like to avoid 0 apr however.

That being said...if this ability is OP, how do you consider a F/M or the (in)famous Kensage with a 6th level spell granting the same thing for 4 rounds instead of 1? :D

That being said...I never bothered casting PFMW with Kensages.....off-screen Mislead lasts for so much longer :D, and keeps you safe from everything.

Ki Strike

You mean compared to Ki Dodge or in general? Because by itself is pretty much vanilla's "kai" with 3 seconds shorter duration but +4 bonus to thac0 (ensuring all attacks hit the target).

Both, I guess. +4 THAC0 is great in BG1, however. Maybe a final upgrade at 19th, since THAC0 pretty much (and unfortunately) doesn't matter anymore? Critical Strike + max damage, for 1 round? Compared to other Ki abilities this would look appealing.

EDIT

It does work with 0 apr. I can't get it to work with -2, only -1/2 apr. Maybe I'm missing something (meaning: you should try :p )

Might I point out that you do not gain PFMW before Underdark, and that F/M has lower damage output than a kensai? ;)

Kensai

It does work with 0 apr. I can't get it to work with -2, only -1/2 apr. Maybe I'm missing something (meaning: you should try :p )
I told you it worked like that. :p

Might I point out that you do not gain PFMW before Underdark, and that F/M has lower damage output than a kensai? ;)
I know, but the ability we are talking about is gained at level 19. With vanilla's tables a F/M gets his first PfMW at 1,500,000 xp (F/M 11/12) while a Kensai needs 2,750,000 xp to reach level 19.

Kensai's damage output is indeed superior to a F/M but the latter has quite a few other ways to buff himself like a god (Improve Haste alone pretty much close the gap imo unless the Kensai has an allied mage to get his hands on such a powerful boost), and the difference with a Kensage is even smaller.

Regardless, I always considered PfMW quite overpowered for its level, and I surely don't want KR's Kensai to get overpowered abilities. As I said I'm really open to nerf Ki Dodge by reducing or even erasing apr while using it, I just said I'd like other testers to at least try it out before coming to conclusions.

I've tried out Kensai in ToB. He can win many battles by himself alone. He can't harm mages (can't use Deathbow if he used Ki Dodge) but he obliterates grunts extremly fast. I know it's nothing "worse" than a kensai/mage but at least he has an "inactive" period while his primary class is inactive.

Archived