When are you going to play Dragon Age?

Domi

Getting far with the romance with Leliana. We kissed. I think Sten has a thing for girl/girl action. I got an approval of +2 from him when I kissed Leliana.

Game play I am pretty far into the game. I need to go to the dwarves and ask for help in fighting the darkspawn. I already asked for help with the other factions in the game.

Oh god,

the broodmother

was high octane nightmare fuel. My poor bloody elf didn't get any sleep for over a week after...

Anyway, beat the game with said elf and now playing a human noble (eck. Nobles... :thumbsup: ) but to cut a long story short, my poor elf most definately got a bad/sad end.

Talked Alistar into being king, and he dumped me; I saw that coming though, no way in hell they'd accept an elf as queen; had enough trouble getting them to accept Alistar as king. Fastforward to the end and he won't let me do the Heroic Sacrifice even though I'm the expendable one (sure, I united the peoples, but note the past tense. Now I'm just some elf girl who's good at not dying. I'm not needed anymore) because he still loves me. So yeah. My girl didn't live happily ever after. Woo.

... I got an approval of +2 from him when I kissed Leliana.

Yeah, sometimes it's funny. I'm thinking that it's a scripting error. They way it's scripted, you enter an integer for the party member whose approval gets influenced, but sometimes, I think they got i wrong. When I areed to let Wynne give Daisy a bath, Alistair's approval went up. If he's stuffing dirty socks in Wynne's bedroll, he can't be too fastidious about a dog that smells like a wet sheep, so what gives?

Have to say that for now BG I & II is still the best game all around for me but that is due to the mods out there that still keep it alive in terms of replayability.

I'm playing on a console since my computer would revolt if I tried to use it for Dragon Age, which for the vanilla version is okay. Yeah I have to admit the game is a bit on the addictive side. Voice acting is top notch and the banters are still giving me laughs 3 characters into the game. It was also good to see Bioware stop shying away from some of the romance possibilities. All in all I'd have to say an incredible start to what I guess is supposed to be a series of sorts?

Also I'd have to say that this game offers the best dragon fight I've ever had. I think I did the one fight 3 times before I moved on with the game, the killing blow was absolutely awesome. First time as the character, second and third I watched from a distance as Morrigan. Really well done.

Well most of what I want to say has been said better already by others but a couple of things I want to add are this. Finding out you can "harden" both Allister and Lelianna through dialog choices really added to the realism of what you would go through as your band continues on its way. Granted the changes are not huge, that I've noticed, but it does affect certain outcomes and choices those characters will make at times. And I can never on any of my playthroughs seem to get Allister, Morrigan, and Lelianna out of my party. The banters during the early/mid romance stages are still too funny for me to miss. Though adding Zevran/Wynne later is pretty funny as well. And can we talk about the Landmarks for Dog??? lol

I'll switch to PC once the modders have had some time with it, maybe by then I can afford a rig that won't croak at the thought of Dragon Age being played on it.

Until then an excellent game that does seem to be the "spiritual successor" to BG and has more than a few nods in that direction.

I want the CGI folks to have hired AlienSlof or some of the other Morrowind or Oblivion body artists, but again, short of the Taleworlds character creator, this is the most inventive.

AlienSlof's back, fortunately. There's a body mod at DragonAgeNexus which screenshots one of her creations.

Modder's itch? I got that before I even started playing!! :thumbsup:

-Y-

Archived