SR v4 (detailed list of changes - ongoing update)

not to mention that with Ranger's caster level capped at 9 the spell was crippled for them.
Turns out it is not capped after all, just lags behind by 8-9 levels.

I'm in the "nerf it slightly" camp when it comes to new Barkskin. I can no longer cast Jaheira away as I used to, damn it...

This is because I see a buff as one of the following: a cast-after-rest buff, a cast-before-battle buff, or a cast-during-battle (emergency) buff. 1turn/level and 1hour still both fall into the cast-after-rest buff category, for me at least.
5 turns is more like cast before a battle and hope you can complete 1-2 more battles before it wears off.

5 turns is more like cast before a battle and hope you can complete 1-2 more battles before it wears off.

Oh, I thought he said it was one hour.

It the same thing. I usually manage to pass through two encounters in that time, then race after the next hoping my buffs will not dissipate in the middle of it :)

It isn't. EE also got the descriptions wrong in regard to duration.

-1 round is 6 seconds

-1 turn is 10 rounds

-5 turns is 5 real-time minutes

Oh, I thought he said it was one hour.

It the same thing. I usually manage to pass through two encounters in that time, then race after the next hoping my buffs will not dissipate in the middle of it :)

It isn't. EE also got the descriptions wrong in regard to duration.

-1 round is 6 seconds

-1 turn is 10 rounds

-5 turns is 5 real-time minutes

Yeah, but 5 turns are 1 hour in terms of in-game time. For example SR's Stoneskin now states that it lasts 8 hours because resting takes 8 hours in terms of in-game time, not real time.
Hey guys. Any news on a release date? Last I heard was on or before the release of BG2:EE but that was a month ago. I know its just a hobby, but I really want to play EE with spell revisions!
For Item Revisions Arda uploaded his final version more or less a week ago and we only needed to prepare the readme, package everything and upload it, but this time around it was Mike's turn to be uber busy with RL stuff. :(

For SR we're a bit behind. I'm counting on finishing my part during this week-end, and I actually think Arda has already prepared most, if not all, his stuff. Do expect more news during this week-end though.

Not sure if I should mention new spells here, but recently I've found some old documents that regarded early versions of Divine Remixes. Nightmare compiled a beautiful list of divine spells from variety of D&D handbooks, some of them seem to be possible to implement (and I'd say - worth it).

- Cause Fear (Level 1): opposite of Remove Fear.

- Darkness (Level 1): I always felt this spell should be available in BG2. While Mages have access to single-target Blindness, Priests should be able to manipulate with darkness to create a black cloud of complete Darkness. Cute spell which could have strong synergy with Barbarians (immunity to Blindness) and one of the Halberds.

- Call Upon Faith (Level 1): single target +2 Bless. Could be called Boon to counter Doom.

- Dispel Fatigue (Level 1): could negate both Fatigue and fatigue coming from abilities (Enrage and stuff)

- Beast Claw (Level 2): offensive spell for druids. I think you already implemented Stone Fists though. Beast Claws are still cooler :D

- Exaltation (Level 3): protection from Fear, Sleep, Confusion, Berserk.

- Wither (Level 7): opposite of Regeneration

- Hesitation (Level 2): penalties to Spellcasting Time and Attack Speed Factor.

- Solipsism (Level 4): yeah, some clerics get that.

- Mindshatter (Level 5): alternative name for Feeblemind, could have some additional effects to make it cool. (sorry, I don't know what PnP spell does this time)

- Othertime (Level 5): very, very limited Time Stop for Priests. Can't cast spells and autoattack, so it's for movement purposes only.

- Spacewarp (Level 7): cool spell, pulls or pushes away every opponent.

- Timelessness (Level 7): also Time Stop variant, but not sure what it did.

Hey guys. Any news on a release date? Last I heard was on or before the release of BG2:EE but that was a month ago. I know its just a hobby, but I really want to play EE with spell revisions!
For Item Revisions Arda uploaded his final version more or less a week ago and we only needed to prepare the readme, package everything and upload it, but this time around it was Mike's turn to be uber busy with RL stuff. :(

Keep in mind there are some other things I need to look at as well - providing a recommendation on 1PPv4 compatibility will probably require investigating the code in 1PP.

Keep in mind there are some other things I need to look at as well - providing a recommendation on 1PPv4 compatibility will probably require investigating the code in 1PP.

Take your time, guys! :)

Hopefully things will go smoothly enough to allow for a 2013 release. Otherwise, we wait. :)

Ok, you may know now that we are working on an intermediate version to speed up a release fully compatible with BGEE. I'm actually starting an endurance right now to hopefully give Arda a finished main component before this Monday.

I've already started updating the first post on this topic yesterday to reflect that, and between today and tomorrow that post will be heavily updated almost in real-time while I package all the stuff. I'll add a Done "flag" next to those spells which are completely packaged.

Most planned changes will be there, but some stuff has to be left for a future version (for the most part it's new spells and new summons). Furthermore, I do implemented quite a few things we may have not discussed much, and I still have the time to tweak a bunch of things, thus if you want to say something this is the time to do it. ;)

I don't know if I have the time to post all my doubts instead...but the first topic will reflect them too. Ok, let's go.

Ok, you may know now that we are working on an intermediate version to speed up a release fully compatible with BGEE. I'm actually starting an endurance right now to hopefully give Arda a finished main component before this Monday.

I've already started updating the first post on this topic yesterday to reflect that, and between today and tomorrow that post will be heavily updated almost in real-time while I package all the stuff. I'll add a Done "flag" next to those spells which are completely packaged.

Most planned changes will be there, but some stuff has to be left for a future version (for the most part it's new spells and new summons). Furthermore, I do implemented quite a few things we may have not discussed much, and I still have the time to tweak a bunch of things, thus if you want to say something this is the time to do it. ;)

I don't know if I have the time to post all my doubts instead...but the first topic will reflect them too. Ok, let's go.

Oh, my god... This is absolutely the one of my long-awaited news! Thank you for your hardwork indeed, Demi and Arda!

By the way, do you consider not to remove cleric-only spells which have been discussed for SRv4 from druids before releasing additional spells? Because as far as I know many spells, especially low-level spells, were adjusted to cleric-only spells in this time so that druids currently have very few spells without new spells.

Edited by leania
...do you consider not to remove cleric-only spells which have been discussed for SRv4 from druids before releasing additional spells? Because as far as I know many spells, especially low-level spells, were adjusted to cleric-only spells in this time so that druids currently have very few spells without new spells.
I do had the same concern, but I only had to let them keep Armor of Faith for now (I'll probably remove that too when all the new spells are added). Druids still have eight different spells for each spell level from 1st to 3rd, and ten different 4th level spells. Yes, clerics generally have a wider spell selection, but druids still have a pretty great spellbook. Btw, I do expect Regenerate Wound spells to be quite game-changing in terms of improving the class appeal, gameplay and uniqueness (@Kreso, they may be Berserker's best friends :D ).

Just that I'm here and speaking of Druid's spells...

Sol' Searing Orb

I was about to write down about it and put a satisfying Done next to its completely reshaped form. I actually imagined and implemented this solution today, "on the fly", while packaging much smaller changes to 6th lvl spells. I hope you guys like it.

Short story: I've customized the unused bulletex projectile to turn it into the "bullet equivalent" of the Arrow of Detonation, and assigned it to our Searing Orb. This way the spell still behaves as it did in vanilla (in case any AI script wants to use it) but it doesn't require a hit roll anymore as the orb is going to explode upon reaching the target anyway.

The complete spell description is the following: "When the spell is completed, it creates a glowing gem. This gem must be immediately thrown at an opponent, for it quickly becomes too hot to hold (*). When it hits, the gem bursts with a brilliant, searing flash that causes 12d6 points of fire damage to anyone within 30 feet. Creatures within the burst are allowed a saving throw vs. breath at -4 penalty. If successful, only half damage is sustained. On a failed save, the victim also suffers -2 penalty to thac0 and 1d6 points of fire damage each round for 6 rounds. It is not possible for the priest to give the stone to another character to throw. Magic resistance does not effect this spell, nor do any of the spell protections."

(*) Right now the conjured orb still lasts 3 rounds as it did, aka you can cast this spell and then throw the gem "later" during a cast and attack routine.

The effects of the orb can easily be tweaked or changed (e.g. do we like ongoing fire dmg or not?), though I do think keeping it as a Fireball-like variant is the way to go (no other mid-high lvl spell fills this role right now for druids). What I really care about instead is the technical implementation, and the sheer uniqueness this spell can now bring within Druid's spellbook imo. Am I mad? :D

Edited by Demivrgvs

It's great from mechanical standpoint - that is what Druids needed. But from the role-playing side, Druids slinging fireballs even concealed as Searing Orbs feels weird. I'd at least reduce the radius to not make it "Druid's Stronger Fireball".

But we still need brutal druid spells. Brutal enough to make it worth having him over Priest or even Mage. I'm all for nerfing Wizard's damaging spells while making all of them party-friendly while having Druids more powerfull spells that also hurt our allies. It kind of captivates the primal savagery of druidic ethos and energy control only mages can do.

Edited by yarpen

The radius does seem extreme, but it is twice the spell level of Fireball. I don't think that large of a blast radius is unreasonable. I do think that druids should have offensive power that is comparable to a mage's power of the same spell level. I don't think they should be able to out-damage level 9/HLA wizard spells. In exchange for reduced spell power, they gain some armor, better HP and THAC0, shapeshifting (LOL), and very powerful summons that don't spontaneously turn against you. I want to try them out with the new version of KR before super-buffing their damage output.