Kit Revisions Beta 20

Barbarian

Apperantly the biggest attack speed bonus active is used, if bonus is set to 10 (I think this is max weapon speed) the attack triggers instantly.

Cool. Good to know we can make Cleave even better both functionally and cosmetically.

I used a sort of a "cooldown" for "Charge" (1 turn) but was thinking that it could be upgraded at 10th/19th level to have a shorter trigger period.

Worked out nice, seeing a barby spring to battle is cool.

LOL sounds like we had pretty much the same idea. Do you think some sort of penalty would not be enough to prevent its spam?

What I don't like about "usable" feats is

a) AI won't use them

b) they prevent any other action during that round beside fighting, making them fairly difficult and inconvinient to use

a) for now, but yeah

b) well, stances are not supposed to be activated often, and this ability should only be activated once per encounter before going in melee. No big deal in both cases imo.

Regarding Tireless Rage, I'm still undecided about it, and I'd limit it to HLA levels. I also thought about using a reduced fatigue for high levels (much less severe effects, lowered duration or maybe even both) but your solution is kinda fine as well albeit strange looking imo (a tireless effect which displays the tired icon).

Berserker

He's nice, but some "auto-frenzy" feature would be imo more fitting than at will usable OS.

You know I do like the auto-frenzy thing, but it's incredibly difficult to implement well. I will surely work again on the Berserker in future versions, but it's already quite cool as it is imo, and I'd prefer to focus a bit more on the other classes unless other beta testers find this kit a bit lacking.

From my various tweaks, I'd avoid

a) penalizing his AC too much

b) damage bonuses above the ones he's getting now (max +8 stance - or frenzy; and +4 Rage is enough)

c) <50% trigger for regen, since it's too slow to cast (if you want to make this a battle regeneration, imo it's much better to change the trigger into "each round when attacked", this way it only works when it actually shoud (combat, not walking around in circles).

d) "when helpless" trigger could also be re-implemented, but with a big cooldown (example - "once per day, if a berserker gets disabled, he can use his inner strenght to break free of ill effects blah blah....")

a) current -2/-4 is fine imo, if you stack both Rage and Reckless OS you deserve a big hit to compensate the insane dmg output

b) indeed

c) still undecided how to handle this, though the current implementation is mostly fine imo because it's only lacking when you get TONS of dmg in the very same round.

d) I agree, and I do think it will be back in some way.

Kensai

Ki dodge at level 19 makes enemies completely disregard him, and simply focus on other targets, while a large AC bonus actually makes him "do his job".

I don't like SCS AI behaviour in this case. :( The huge AC bonus would accomplish almost the same, but leaving the kensai extremely vulnerable to criticals, and this ability was actually intended as a late game counter to Critical Strike HLA.

I'd rather have him powerful as a single kit who kept away from dualclassing for 90% of the game than as a dualed level 13 kensai.

I obviously wish the same.

Regarding Tireless Rage, I'm still undecided about it, and I'd limit it to HLA levels. I also thought about using a reduced fatigue for high levels (much less severe effects, lowered duration or maybe even both) but your solution is kinda fine as well albeit strange looking imo (a tireless effect which displays the tired icon).

Well, I did consider "intoxicated" as well...the description of the ability would be something like "from level 20, Barbarian no longer suffers post-rage fatigue. Instead, he drinks an ale."

Jokes aside, it's a fairly important information for the player so something must be displayed, and I couldn't find a more fitting icon.

I also tought about things such as keeping his Rage fairly low in duration (i.e. 36 seconds all levels, or a slight upgrade 26/39/42) but instead making his fatigue last quite a bit shorter (10th and 19th level) to make more distinction from the berserker and to simulate his endurance/sport spirit/ healthy diet etc. :)

I don't know how this would turn out...toughts?

Berserker

You know I do like the auto-frenzy thing, but it's incredibly difficult to implement well. I will surely work again on the Berserker in future versions, but it's already quite cool as it is imo, and I'd prefer to focus a bit more on the other classes unless other beta testers find this kit a bit lacking.

What I did was relatively simple, I made his OS "permanent" condition via two different spells in his CLAB file simulating OS bonuses/penalties just so AI berserkers are using it as well. This worked out fine - I must point out BG1 Ogre Berserkers with single-weapon style/flails could kill a level 3 warrior/paladin in a single blow without critical hit aversion.

c) still undecided how to handle this, though the current implementation is mostly fine imo because it's only lacking when you get TONS of dmg in the very same round.

Yup, and that's exactly where you'll lack it. Consider the damage in a round by a cleric, two fighters and a mage focusing on him. It happens fairly often in BG2 you get hit for silly damage amounts with SCS installed. It just gets worse as mages get more levels.

Kensai

I don't like SCS AI behaviour in this case. :( The huge AC bonus would accomplish almost the same, but leaving the kensai extremely vulnerable to criticals, and this ability was actually intended as a late game counter to Critical Strike HLA.

I know. But AI detects weapon immunity, it has to. It would be nice if this ability had an animation, since this way kensai looks "bored", not dodging the incoming attacks. Is it possible to grant critical hit immunity via spell?

Any news on how the thief+kits is going?

I'm stuck on IR's beta right now because Arda pretty much abandoned me (temporarily - I hope). Thanks to beta testers help I'm fixing few things (e.g. vampiric and bleeding effects could potentially cause small issues) while doing a massive amount of small refinements to the main component.

I also have SR on hold, and without Arda I'm not sure I can handle all KR stuff (probably not) but I should be able to package thief kits by myself. I'll be at home tomorrow and look into it. Short story: expect more news within 24 hours.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Echoing the above. I would like to help test this mod as well. Is this the version to use? Thanks!

This is the "official one" yes. I gave Kreso a slightly updated one with few fixes and a first attempt of the Beastmaster companion, lemme check if there were must have fixes. ;)

I'll send you a PM for IR and SR betas asap. I plan to have a new build up for SR relatively soon in case you are not in a hurry, but feel free to start playing, I'm not implementing huge changes.

This is the "official one" yes. I gave Kreso a slightly updated one with few fixes and a first attempt of the Beastmaster companion, lemme check if there were must have fixes. ;)

I'll send you a PM for IR and SR betas asap. I plan to have a new build up for SR relatively soon in case you are not in a hurry, but feel free to start playing, I'm not implementing huge changes.

Great, thanks. I will just wait for your pm to test the latest build of all 3 together, since that seems to be the intended use. I am anyway unable to start for another 10 hours or so (work, evening commitments, etc.)

Edited by spanyam

Well now. It seems that if "melee hit effect" opcode has 0 probability of ever happening, it can still happen. I guess the chance is actully 1%, but I've witnessed it a few times already. This time I took a screenshot - 248 opcode, in previous betas it sent berserker into Frenzy, now disabled still triggered. I don't know if 0 means 1% on other opcodes, but for this I'm sure.

zero.jpg[/url]

Well now. It seems that if "melee hit effect" opcode has 0 probability of ever happening, it can still happen. I guess the chance is actully 1%, but I've witnessed it a few times already. This time I took a screenshot - 248 opcode, in previous betas it sent berserker into Frenzy, now disabled still triggered. I don't know if 0 means 1% on other opcodes, but for this I'm sure.

It's the same for every opcode, that's just how probabilities work in the Infinity engine. If you have "disable portrait icons added by equipped items" from the Tweakpack installed you'll see that it actually sets the equipped effect probability of portrait icons appearing to zero, but sometimes they still do.

There IS a way to ensure that different effects in a spell or item feature block won't overlap if that's undesirable (i.e. 80% chance of effect A, 20% chance of effect B) but it involves shell spells and is off topic anyway.

I have played a bit with the mod, and I think it would be a good idea to include options in the installer for installing each class group separately (fighters, paladins, rangers and so on). Eventually it might even be a good idea to let the player choose for each kit separately, but for now on a class basis would be an improvement in my mind.

Other than some things being buggy (I had some problems with the free pips a true fighter gets on level 5 when it came to dual classing), and some things not feeling all that polished, this mod shows great potential and have many great ideas. I think my overall recommendation would be not to try too much at a time. I'd rather have more simple classes with a better feel and more tight concept. The main point is to make them viable and distinct.

So keep up the good work. I am very excited to see new bards and druids :D

[bG1:EE]

I have a pretty awkward bug with Beta 20. Playing as a True Fighter, and when I reached level 5 all my previous proficiencies were removed. The 5th level "becomes proficient (+) in the use of all types of weapons" seemingly overwrote my 3+2 pips in Bastard Sword + Axe into 1 pip in everything.

EDIT: Ok that's not the extent of the problem. It seems all F/X multi-classes also gets the benefit of a True Fighters level 5 multi-proficiency bonus. Both Jaheira (F/D) and Khalid (F/M) loses all pips on level 5 and gets one pip in all profs that their class allow.

EDIT2: Yeah they also get the True Fighter innates, like stances and so forth.

EDIT3: So, how is Called Shot supposed to work? I thought I'd get a sub-menu for Disarm or Trip, but I don't.

Weidu-log - it's a bit sub optimal at the end as I decided to try out KR pretty late, and Thrown Hammers is just there to see if it even works with BG1EE (it does, even though there's some weirdness I believe is related to having IR installed before):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 5
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.71
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.71
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #2 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With a Chance of Arcane Casting Failure: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor and Shields: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Divine Spellcasters -> Clerics Only: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 5
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 5
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1035 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> First Area Only: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v16
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Allow Yeslick to use axes: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6031 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6041 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v28
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thrown Hammers: v4.1
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Normal throwing hammers: v4.1
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #110 // Revised THAC0 tables: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20

Edited by Dakk

I have a pretty awkward bug with Beta 20. Playing as a True Fighter, and when I reached level 5 all my previous proficiencies were removed. The 5th level "becomes proficient (+) in the use of all types of weapons" seemingly overwrote my 3+2 pips in Bastard Sword + Axe into 1 pip in everything.

EDIT: Ok that's not the extent of the problem. It seems all F/X multi-classes also gets the benefit of a True Fighters level 5 multi-proficiency bonus. Both Jaheira (F/D) and Khalid (F/M) loses all pips on level 5 and gets one pip in all profs that their class allow.

EE issue. I used EEKeeper to revert back when I was playing EE, but nowdays I delete this effect from fighters before I install KR, since it makes SCS install on top of KR faster, then cheat it back in when I start the game.

Multis are prone to mishibaving (i.e. IR has an option to remove limitations from either Druid or Cleric or both - KR doesn't account for that).

They should.

EDIT3: So, how is Called Shot supposed to work? I thought I'd get a sub-menu for Disarm or Trip, but I don't.

Weidu-log - it's a bit sub optimal at the end as I decided to try out KR pretty late, and Thrown Hammers is just there to see if it even works with BG1EE (it does, even though there's some weirdness I believe is related to having IR installed before):

A la Spell Immunity spell (pool vanishes if you do anything apart use click on one of two icons). Odd that it doesn't work for you, it works on my install, just tested on EE1. Try using "Autopause - spell cast".

EE issue. I used EEKeeper to revert back when I was playing EE, but nowdays I delete this effect from fighters before I install KR, since it makes SCS install on top of KR faster, then cheat it back in when I start the game.

Multis are prone to mishibaving (i.e. IR has an option to remove limitations from either Druid or Cleric or both - KR doesn't account for that).

They should.

A la Spell Immunity spell (pool vanishes if you do anything apart use click on one of two icons). Odd that it doesn't work for you, it works on my install, just tested on EE1. Try using "Autopause - spell cast".

Good answers all, thank you. And indeed Called Shot is WAD, I was just too weirded out by the first issue to analyse it correctly.

Well, I've done a run with BG1:EE and I'm not super-awed; time to go back to BGT I think.