Version 24(BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Those are both SR-added spells. It would be helpful if someone could ascertain whether it's a problem with SR per se or a compatibility issue.[
I'll test them tomorrow morning and report back, but I'm almost sure the spells per se are fine. Just so I know, isn't SCS using Create Undead since at least a couple of versions without issues?
iirc, then yes. This beta is a fairly major recode so there's always the possibility it's led to trouble, but it's not clear just how.

@ancalimohtar, Cause Mortal Wounds is a placeholder for the original Cause Serious Wounds, which was a 5th level spell in vanilla. It's a fully working spell only to avoid issues in case any AI script uses it but it should actually not exist. Speaking of which, @DavidW is SCS willingly using that spell?

I don't think so - it's not on either the standard or demivrgvs spell lists.

@ancalimohtar, Cause Mortal Wounds is a placeholder for the original Cause Serious Wounds, which was a 5th level spell in vanilla. It's a fully working spell only to avoid issues in case any AI script uses it but it should actually not exist. Speaking of which, @DavidW is SCS willingly using that spell?

I don't think so - it's not on either the standard or demivrgvs spell lists.

NI shows the Priestess definitely having it memorized, though I don't know if she casts it or not.

I took a peek into SCS spellcasters' scripts. In my current install (Ascension, Fixpack, BGT, IR, SR, Refinemets, SCS) Davaeorn has the following lines in his script:

IF

Global("potion","LOCALS",0)

!HasItem("potn55",Myself) // Potion of Superior Healing

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateItem("potn55",0,0,0) // Potion of Superior Healing

CreateItem("potn55",0,0,0) // Potion of Superior Healing

CreateItem("optn17",0,0,0)

SetGlobal("potion","LOCALS",1)

Also, the script block which is "responsible" for casting Charm checks for

-targetable

- sanctuary

- Inquisitor

etc.

What seems to be missing is Cavalier kit.

Another thing, it seems to check for DW_ITEM_CHARM. Does SCS patch all items which give such an immunity and respond correctly? (and, in other cases such as Hold, Confusion etc. as well?)

Installing file(s) nashkelwolf_ee.d

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

WARNING: internal label [2] not found in processed DLG [sHOPKN]

ERROR: processing .D actions [tb#compile_patches/stratagems/initial\dlg/nashkelw

olf_ee.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

Stopping installation because of error.

that's the log, if someone could help :)

I started playing DW's fine mod again. I've noticed the following:

*Dueregar mages in CI have a considerable level boost; they cast II, globes, Chaos etc.

*The animals accompanying CC beast-master fail to attack en masse (not all of them turn hostile either)

*Slime creatures, mustard jellies etc. attack with the default "fist" weapon at close range, they need a melee attack with the same effects as the blobs they shoot at you.

*Clay golems are supposed to cause cursed wounds but the file referenced by their weapon - DW#CURSE.spl - doesn't actually do anything.

Posted this bug on the UB forum, but I thought I'd post it here just in case. The gist is that the component of UB where Bodhi chases you through Spellhold--something's wrong with the spawn script and when you kill her buddies or take down her HP, instead of disappearing, two more Bodhis spawn with their vampire/Grimwarder buddies, and so on and so forth.

The catch is that this ONLY happens if CHARNAME is above 2M XP. If he's under that cap, she goes away normally. I suspect it has to do with some script that checks party's level to determine difficulty of spawns, so maybe it's related to SCS? Here's the original post.

I've noticed some redundant (imo) options when installing SCS on top of IR/SR.

Spell Tweaks

1) Protection from Normal missiles also protects from Fire/Ice/Acid

- with SR, these protections are both included and extended

2) More consistent Breach

- SR introduces another way (Pierce Shield) to breach Liches

3) Weaken Insect Plague

- SR does similar

4) Prevent Simulacrum and PI from using quickslots

- SR included this

Item Tweaks:

1) Replace magical weapons with "fine" ones

- IR has a similar component, and installing this on top of IR will owerwrite "weapon changes" for introduced "fine weapons" (i.e. a Bastard sword in IR does 1d10 damage, while a "fine" would still do 2d4)

2) Remove arrows of Dispelling from stores

IR nerfs them drastically, and price tag on them is huge.

Besides (imo), SCS should simply do the same (since Carsomyr is similary nerfed to allow a save, I see no reason for these to stay - in many ways, they're more powerful than Carsomyr without IR)

3) Remove animation from Cloak of Mirroring

IR changes this cloak and removes the animation, so this is redundant with IR

Spell(2) and item (2) aren't strictly redundant: SR does something different, albeit aimed at the same thing.

Others sound plausible, but I'll wait for Demi to confirm; I don't want to block things in SCS unless there are completely-identical - or completely-incompatible - bits in other mods, and I don't have time to dig around in SR to confirm for myself.

For the most part, I'm happy to leave this to end users: read the readmes of both mods, choose what to install. If you don't want all those Mwk weapons in your game, don't install them. (But equally if there really are straightforward cases where things are identical or incompatible, I don't mind making allowance.)

Also, I've found Masterwork, Excellent, and possibly also Fine weapons in my game. Where they all come from, I don't remember. I really don't think they all need to exist, do they? Just one level between normal and +1 is needed, right?

Masterwork weapons are from IR; fine weapons are from SCS. AFAIK, they both currently work by overwriting the associated +1 weapons. If you are seeing both types, it's probably because the mods affect a slightly different list of items. IR sticks to melee weapons while SCS also modifies bows.

Both components achieve similar results, but their implementation is different: fine weapons are like +1 weapons without the speed factor bonus and ability to hit things immune to non-magic weapons. Masterwork weapons are like +1 weapons without the +1 bonus to damage and ability to hit things immune to non-magic weapons. I can't think of a good reason to install both.

I've noticed some redundant (imo) options when installing SCS on top of IR/SR.
I'll wait for Demi to confirm
Sure. Let's see...

Spell Tweaks

1) Protection from Normal missiles also protects from Fire/Ice/Acid

- with SR, these protections are both included and extended

2) More consistent Breach

- SR introduces another way (Pierce Shield) to breach Liches

3) Weaken Insect Plague

- SR does similar

4) Prevent Simulacrum and PI from using quickslots

- SR included this

1) This is indeed redundant. SR's Protection from Missiles spell grants immunity to all missile weapons except the dispelling arrow.

2) Here our approach is different. SCS tweaked Breach to work on liches despite their immunity to 5th level spells, SR doesn't want to break the rule and thus opts to allow a higher level spell to perform such role.

3) SCS readme points it out itself that this tweak was inspired by SR. We do the same thing in terms of allowing a save to negate 100% spell failure, but SR also tweaks the damage output so that on a failed save the damage animation take place every 6 sec instead of every 3.

4) SR does that and more yes.

Item Tweaks:

1) Replace magical weapons with "fine" ones

- IR has a similar component, and installing this on top of IR will owerwrite "weapon changes" for introduced "fine weapons" (i.e. a Bastard sword in IR does 1d10 damage, while a "fine" would still do 2d4)

2) Remove arrows of Dispelling from stores

IR nerfs them drastically, and price tag on them is huge.

Besides (imo), SCS should simply do the same (since Carsomyr is similary nerfed to allow a save, I see no reason for these to stay - in many ways, they're more powerful than Carsomyr without IR)

3) Remove animation from Cloak of Mirroring

IR changes this cloak and removes the animation, so this is redundant with IR

1) We do almost the same thing. As Mike says there's really no reason to install both. Btw, as soon as Arda extends his Store Revisions component to BG1 I'd dare to say this tweak will be kinda redundant.

2) as kreso says, IR's Arrows of Dispelling allow a save similarly to Carsomyr. If you liked the change for the sword (I guess you did considering you added to SCS a component todo the same) I suppose you are fine with doing the same for the arrow.

3) I can confirm IR's cloak doesn't have that animation. Cosmetic changes area an important part of IR, I could not keep that ugly permanent animation. :D

Archived