SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

- is it possible to use the beta somehow in BWP installer or would I have to install all the mods manually?

I would suggest doing two distinct installs. If you're itching to play, simply starting with SR, IR, KR, and a few basic tweaks/fixes makes for a really fun playthrough. This lets you experience the game with only the flavors from the Revisions mods, letting you feel the changes then and there. This helps you with beta testing as well. Then once the officials are out, you can do a larger megamod install with your other favorite components.

Read this post if you want a good install order for a beta test install:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26482&p=226926

You need to install Shield Bash after SCS, by the way. So here's what I did. Right after SCS, apply the fixes given here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1. Scroll down the page till you find a post by darkly180 with a zip file attachment that contains the fixes you need. There is one more bug related to "more consistent breach" component of SCS, but you don't need to install that component with the latest SR v4 beta, I believe (I skipped it).

I know Kreso said that Abazigal fix goes before SCS, but I noticed that before SCS, he had his death script just fine. It only disappeared after SCS, and the "finabaz.bcs" script went from some 50kb to 1.6mb in size thanks to SCS. The post-SCS script was missing the death script. The zip file by darkly contains the fixed finabaz.bcs. Just make sure to back up any files that you are replacing.

After doing the SCS fixes, install shield bash, then widescreen, and finally gen-biff if you want.

Thanks mate!

@beta testers, tomorrow I'll upload a new build for SR which includes A LOT more things than I initially thought. If possible I'd like you to be ready to upgrade your install asap and play as much as you can during the week. The build will also include quite a few very daring changes (*) that need to be properly tested to determine if they can be part of the official release.

Thanks for your help.

(*) speaking of daring changes, has anyone tried out what I did with cleric's Repulsion? I need some feedback on it (e.g. effect frequency, distance value, etc.).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Will we need to start a new game on upgrading? Given that SCS installs after SR, and reinstalling SCS is never a good plan...

Usually it's expected that you install everything from a clean install.

Now finishing the game and playing a beta mods is sometimes viewed as the very opposite things... but as a real beta tester, you ...ould know. :p:D

Will we need to start a new game on upgrading? Given that SCS installs after SR, and reinstalling SCS is never a good plan...

Usually it's expected that you install everything from a clean install.

Now finishing the game and playing a beta mods is sometimes viewed as the very opposite things... but as a real beta tester, you ...ould know. :p:D

God bless EE! At least it's good for testing purposes! :D

@beta testers, tomorrow I'll upload a new build for SR which includes A LOT more things than I initially thought. If possible I'd like you to be ready to upgrade your install asap and play as much as you can during the week. The build will also include quite a few very daring changes (*) that need to be properly tested to determine if they can be part of the official release.

Thanks for your help.

(*) speaking of daring changes, has anyone tried out what I did with cleric's Repulsion? I need some feedback on it (e.g. effect frequency, distance value, etc.).

Hurray! Just don't forget to give me access too :)

I'd rework it, since it may not always be a boon to cast (it's kind of anti-synergic with touch-attack spells, Blade Barrier and Flail of Ages :p ). Casting time 1, blown away, save or be blown away + 1 round sleep?

Repulsion

I'd rework it, since it may not always be a boon to cast (it's kind of anti-synergic with touch-attack spells, Blade Barrier and Flail of Ages :p ). Casting time 1, blown away, save or be blown away + 1 round sleep?

Well, in theory it's not meant to be used by melee clerics but rather by spellcasting ones (e.g. Viconia, Aerie, etc.). Btw, you are suggesting Gust of Wind II The Revenge. :D

If only I had a decent animation what I would have tried was making it affect an AoE instead of the caster, creating a stationary safe area which the caster may leave if he wish to attack in melee.

I'd like it to be a bit more "adaptable" to everchanging conditions, since it is rather situational if you actually want to use this. It's a 5th level spell, and the competition is rather harsh here (Mass healing, True Seeing, Chaotic Commands, Flamestrike etc. are all in "must have" category - Repulsion isn't there imo).

Maybe, have this spell create an "innate" which, when activated, blows people away? That way one could use it when he wants to.

Oh, and the string should be changed from "Repulsing undead" to something else.

Thanks for your help.

Great, Demi! Will you be PMing us once it is up?

Sorry for the delay guys, bad stuff happened yesterday. :( Anyway, I should be able to finish packaging everything today, thus stay tuned.

@spanyam I will not send a PM to everyone, you are too many! But I will post here the change log and inform everyone when it's uploaded.

@Hoverdawg I will send you a PM or more probably put you into a "5 players PM chat" with other beta testers ;)

I've uploaded a new build.

V4 - Beta 7 (8 October 2014)
- added dvsrv4here.mrk file for detecting the new version (SCS is already checking for it)
- minor fixes and/or changes to many spell descriptions
- charname innate Draw Upon Divine Might now matches the 2nd lvl spell
- druids no longer get Mass Cure and Heal
- AI will now use Greater Spell Deflection when casting the disabled spwi618 instead of Spell Deflection
- Armor of Faith resistance limited to physical and magic dmg (no elements), duration increased to 5 turns
- Sunscorch effects slighty altered, save changed from spell to breath
- Resist Fire/Cold "replaced" by Resist Elements (25% res vs. all elements)
- Cause Serious Wounds not properly working fixed
- Mass Regenerate Wounds does not require a target anymore
- Finger of Death no longer uses a visible projectile, doesn't affect non-living targets, save penalty from -4 to -2
- Fog Cloud "replaced" by Obscuring Mist (party-friendly for AI sake, slightly smaller AoE, shorter duration)
- Haste duration fixed, cannot be hasted while fatigued
- Melf's Minute Meteors school changed to Conjuration
- Non-Detection flagged as spell protection (as a replacement for SI:Div it needs to be countered by spell removals)
- Dispelling Screen casting time from 1 to 5, duration from 1 turn to 5, protects from Breach (temporary solution for SCS)
- Banishment no longer allows a save (as per vanilla Death Spell)
- Pierce Magic now properly works as per description

- Mantle "replaced by" Prismatic Mantle (vanilla Mantle mixed with PnP Prismatic Aura)
- Bigby's Icy Grasp still does damage on a successfull save
- Improved Mantle "replaced" by Moment of Prescience (+20 to AC and saves for 4 rounds)
- Bigby's Crushing Hand still does damage on a successfull save

Amazing work!

I've uploaded a new build.

V4 - Beta 7 (8 October 2014)

- Resist Fire/Cold "replaced" by Resist Elements (25% res vs. all elements)

I know there was a discussion what "elements" should be protected against. What did you go with? Fire, ice..poison?