SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

@Salk, you're probably right. On a side note I do not like the 4th wall breaking "go to the history page of an unidentified item and press the Identify button" too.

100% with you about the 4th wall breaking.

I think we can find inspiration in the AD&D 2nd Ed PnP description of the spell to make it better (I'd remove the game reference completely).

Edited by Salk

@Baptor, I've found an error (main spell uses spenblade.pro and should have no projectile at all) but afaik that should actually do nothing. I'll test it in my game asap and let you know.

@Salk, you're probably right. On a side note I do not like the 4th wall breaking "go to the history page of an unidentified item and press the Identify button" too.

Thank you for checking in on that!

Also, I agree about the 4th wall issue and I also agree with the poster who said we should just use AD&D's description.

Baptor are you sure? AFAIR AD&D identify is hard to implement into BG:

Identify requires you to spend 8 hours prior to casting the spell handling and preparing the items, and then gives you a 10% chance per caster level of finding out something about the item. If it’s a multi-purpose item, you only get to find out about one purpose. If you fail to discover anything about an item because you didn’t make the roll, you can’t try again on the same item until you have gone up a level. You need to expend a 100gp pearl each time you cast it (if you include a luckstone then you can get more detailed readings), and you temporarily lose 8 Constitution (and may lose consciousness) once the spell is done. You don’t get precise details of weapon and armour bonuses, or of number of charges left. Or was that from 1st edition? I don't remember anymore

I simply meant to say we could be inspired by the PnP description's style more than the actual content. I have myself changed the description as follow:

When this spell is cast, the wizard gains full knowledge of the name and the enchantments (including curses) of a subsequently touched item.

I am not sure I remember but in Baldur's Gate unidentified magical items can be used and/or are fully effective regardless their identification?

Edited by Salk

I simply meant to say we could be inspired by the PnP description's style more than the actual content. I have myself changed the description as follow:

When this spell is cast, the wizard gains full knowledge of the name and the enchantments (including curses) of a subsequently touched item.

I am not sure I remember but in Baldur's Gate unidentified magical items can be used and/or are fully effective regardless their identification?

Yes, Ulf this is what I meant. To use that part of the description.

1.) Not sure if this is IR or SR but Shield no longer protects from magic missiles from Wand of Magic Missiles though the spell Magic Missile is still blocked correctly. This is both on BGT and BG:EE.

2.) Burning Hands doesn't work very well on BG:EE, the aoe backfires on red circle opponents so you can't actually hit them, even if you target the ground. When you target green circles the fire effect goes in the right direction and damage is dealt.

Edited by zenblack

1.) Not sure if this is IR or SR but Shield no longer protects from magic missiles from Wand of Magic Missiles though the spell Magic Missile is still blocked correctly. This is both on BGT and BG:EE.

2.) Burning Hands doesn't work very well on BG:EE, the aoe backfires on red circle opponents so you can't actually hit them, even if you target the ground. When you target green circles the fire effect goes in the right direction and damage is dealt.

1) The issue is caused by IR which makes the wand cast an actual custom spl. It already works fine when IR is not installed, but with the next SR build the spell will take into account IR's new Magic Missile variant. Thanks for reporting it.

2) This is really odd, and the spell always worked fine on standard installs. What do you mean exactly with "the AoE backfires"? The flames turn against you? o.O Can anybody else reproduce the same issue?

SR works on IWDEE with minor modifications (at least core component does.)

As do IR global components (probably core would but IWD has little shared magical items with BG2) such as armor tweaks, weapon changes etc.

KR works as well, apart monks due to stringref pointing out too far.

:D

SR works on IWDEE with minor modifications (at least core component does.)

As do IR global components (probably core would but IWD has little shared magical items with BG2) such as armor tweaks, weapon changes etc.

KR works as well, apart monks due to stringref pointing out too far.

:D

What minor modifications might those be? I'm looking to pick it up.

What minor modifications might those be? I'm looking to pick it up.

In SR/IR/ respective .tp2 files, comment out the part "REQUIRE_ENGINE_IS tob bg2ee" or similar for the components you want to use (not all will work ofc).

This is unnececary for KR, but you either have to edit out monk's description stringref number for IWDEE (it's 34606) in KR .tp2 file. So you need to add this to KR's .tp2 Monk part.

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~iwdee~) BEGIN
OUTER_SET monk_strref = 34606
END
Oh, and use latest Weidu.