SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Banishment

From description: "The gated genie is immune to Death Spell". I have to update the description though. :D

No idea why it's not working on the Aerial Servant though, and while destself has no target it never did afaik and always worked. o.O Will check.

Timing mode: Instant/While equipped (2)

Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 0
Probability 2: 0

Probability 1: 100 - to happen

Probability 2: 0 - not to happen

Stat value: 1

Efreet cannot be banished. I'm nor sure about servant, Demi said he made Banishment a no-save in the latest beta. Are you using it?

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you! :)

Also, why can't Efreet be banished? Is there a list somewhere that tells us what can and can't be banished because I am under the impression anything summoned can be banished.

anything summoned can be banished.

It can.

Efreeti is not summoned, he's gated, thus he cannot be banished. :D

You can envision summoning vs gating something like:

summon is created from "nothing", i.e. a spellcaster conjurs a creature just like he can conjure an Acid Arrow

gated aren't "created", they live somewhere else (i.e. Hell, Elemental Plane of whatever) and caster "calls" for their aid.

Looking at spell description per Efreeti:

"The gated genie is immune to Death Spell" .

anything summoned can be banished.

It can.

Efreeti is not summoned, he's gated, thus he cannot be banished. :D

You can envision summoning vs gating something like:

summon is created from "nothing", i.e. a spellcaster conjurs a creature just like he can conjure an Acid Arrow

gated aren't "created", they live somewhere else (i.e. Hell, Elemental Plane of whatever) and caster "calls" for their aid.

Looking at spell description per Efreeti:

"The gated genie is immune to Death Spell" .

According to the realms lore that I have... NO !

Summons are called from the same plane, while the Gated are called from another plane... so summons should not be able to be banished, while the gated should be. Of course any other unsummon spell works well on the summon spells as well they are usually just slain with Death Spells etc.

Ouh, by the by, when ever a demon or devil is killed, it's banished from the realm(that is the Prime Material Plane) for 100 years or so. That is unless you go and call for them specifically, with a name and so on, which in turn gives you special power over them as you can banish them with near a though .. that is if they are still in the realm of your influence, usually a sanctified shrine or the like. Yep, if you are attacked and the shrine gets disturbed, well then you are in a lot of trouble. :D

This is why the game has the original Death Spell, the Abi-..d Wilting has the same effect. And why the 1st level Protection From Evil spell protects from the Demons and Devils etc. with blindness. Well technically Invisibility.

So you are just saying that you reinvented the Death Spell ? WTF ?!?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I think I found a bug with Project Image.

When I cast it on my charmain who is a sorcerer it works just fine. When Edwin casts it, the projected image has a severely truncated spell list. His Stoneskin spells are all gone and and some his spells he has multiple prepared (like Invisible Stalker) show just one prepared. Doesn't matter if he's fully rested and charged up or not. When the Image is dispelled, the real Edwin has all his spells as normal.

When I cast it on my charmain who is a sorcerer it works just fine. When Edwin casts it, the projected image has a severely truncated spell list. His Stoneskin spells are all gone and and some his spells he has multiple prepared (like Invisible Stalker) show just one prepared. Doesn't matter if he's fully rested and charged up or not. When the Image is dispelled, the real Edwin has all his spells as normal.

Could be that the image doesn't get the item bonuses... AND IT SHOULDN'T EITHER !

Edwin has too many already anyways.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Could be that the image doesn't get the item bonuses... AND IT SHOULDN'T EITHER !

Edwin has too many already anyways.

Hmm, I'll have to check on that one. I think my charmain is getting her bonuses but I will make certain.

Ok. I'm almost* done with SCS compatibility add-on. If anybody wants to help with playtesting, let me know.

One thing I haven't done yet is Beholders. Frankly, if I remain true to checks I added to all other scripts, I fear that Imp.Beholders may become an overkill :rolleyes: . Then again, they're worth 9k EXP at least.... any ideas? Even if I don't add IR specific checks, they already are sensibly hard. I'm undecided.

Ok. I'm almost* done with SCS compatibility add-on. If anybody wants to help with playtesting, let me know.

One thing I haven't done yet is Beholders. Frankly, if I remain true to checks I added to all other scripts, I fear that Imp.Beholders may become an overkill :rolleyes: . Then again, they're worth 9k EXP at least.... any ideas? Even if I don't add IR specific checks, they already are sensibly hard. I'm undecided.

I'll be honest, I've always dreaded the parts of BG2 where there are beholders or mind flayers. They are stupid powerful and require constant reloads. Just about every other fight in the game is a joke without something like SCS but beholders and mind flayers need no assistance.

I'll be honest, I've always dreaded the parts of BG2 where there are beholders or mind flayers. They are stupid powerful and require constant reloads. Just about every other fight in the game is a joke without something like SCS but beholders and mind flayers need no assistance.

@Kreso, care to explain? Except for Elder Orbs how are Beholders affected by SR?

@Baptor, while IR nerfed the Shield of Cheese it's still hugely effective against them, and I'm quite sure you have a lot of "convenient but hugely expensive" stuff to counter beholders or mind flayers, such as the Greenstone Amulet or Psion's Blade. To a certain extent IR's not dispellable potions are also a huge boost when facing beholders imo.