SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

What we need to accomplish is making its prismatic effects powerful enough that players would think twice (or more) before attacking an AI caster using it, but at the same time not too powerful to avoid AI mass suicide when attacking it.

So in short we must make sure that the AI get the best treatment from both ends...

What we need to accomplish is making its prismatic effects powerful enough that players would think twice (or more) before attacking an AI caster using it, but at the same time not too powerful to avoid AI mass suicide when attacking it.

So in short we must make sure that the AI get the best treatment from both ends...

Well no. The likelihood that the enemy will use the spell is really low in the original place, so setting the power to not mass kill legions of powerful creatures(alone) should probably be the primary objective.

Prismatic Mantle

It doesn't get any advantage over players, I only want to make sure the AI doesn't get disadvantaged when using or facing it. Both Mantle spells had no real use, because PfMW was cheaper and better, and you guys are still getting a shiny new tool to use.

Well no. The likelihood that the enemy will use the spell is really low in the original place

No. It will be used approx 100 times in BG2+ToB.

Still, comparing that figure to the PfMW...

Or Stoneskin....

1) Shorten the duration; it should be an "oh shi-" button or means to get a free cast while melee decides what to do\other caster tries to remove it. Does it keep it's PnP "7 attacks, each effect can trigger only once" feature?

2) attacking creature should be able to trigger it's effects only once per round;

3) damage and duration of other effects (maze etc) probably should be reduced by half. It's still multiplied for player by x2 when maximum difficulty is selected (which is always not only for me, I presume).

1) Shorten the duration; it should be an "oh shi-" button or means to get a free cast while melee decides what to do\other caster tries to remove it. Does it keep it's PnP "7 attacks, each effect can trigger only once" feature?

I think 4 rounds is short enough for a 7th level protection. No, it doesn't keep 7 attacks feat. That would be a pain to code I guess.

2) attacking creature should be able to trigger it's effects only once per round;

Agreed. Or, "can trigger the same effect only once per enemy". I think this could be actually doable.

Hey everyone!

Just got the part of the game where you get the Cloak of Mirroring. Though I have the mod installed which is supposed to turn the glowing shield animation off, it's still there, and I imagine that's due to Spell Revisions. Anyone have any idea how I can edit this away? I've got both Near Infinity and EEKeeper.

Hey everyone!

Just got the part of the game where you get the Cloak of Mirroring. Though I have the mod installed which is supposed to turn the glowing shield animation off, it's still there, and I imagine that's due to Spell Revisions. Anyone have any idea how I can edit this away? I've got both Near Infinity and EEKeeper.

Is the mod you're reffering to BG2Tweaks copmonent that strips effects from all such spells? Iirc, it sppamglo.vvc animation, try to use NI to add opcode 291 with a duration "permanent-while equiped".

Small update for the forthcoming SRv4/SCS compatibility : AI Druids no longer get spells they shouldn't have; namely - Pro Fear, Chaotic Commands, Remove Paralysis, Def.Harmony etc. They do get Free Action instead, and will ignore MR when casting Insect-type spells.

image.jpg

Hey everyone!

Is the mod you're reffering to BG2Tweaks copmonent that strips effects from all such spells? Iirc, it sppamglo.vvc animation, try to use NI to add opcode 291 with a duration "permanent-while equiped".

I went into NI to edit the cloak. I managed to add 291 (disable visual effects) and set target to "self," but the duration "permanent-while equipped" was not present. I chose "instant-while equipped" but it had no effect. Any advice??

Type: Disable visual effects (291)
Target: Self (1)
Power: 0
Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h
Stat value: 0
Timing mode: Instant/While equipped (2)
Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 0
Probability 2: 0
Unused: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( No save )
Save bonus: 0
Unused: 0

I summoned Sendai and tried to Banish her Aerial servant, which saved vs spell and remained in place. Are Aerial servants not banishable or is the "does not allow a save" aspect not working?

I have also noticed that Banishment simply doesn't work against a host of higher level summoning spells. I tried to banish an Efreet a Lich summoned to no avail.

Edited by Baptor

Timing mode: Instant/While equipped (2)

Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 0
Probability 2: 0

Probability 1: 100 - to happen

Probability 2: 0 - not to happen

Stat value: 1

Efreet cannot be banished. I'm nor sure about servant, Demi said he made Banishment a no-save in the latest beta. Are you using it?

Edited by kreso