EET v13.4 released

Ah, so they don't turn hostile at all during BG2? Which isn't consistent with their behaviour in BG1 and SoD right. It's the opposite of what k4thos said if I understand correctly then.

no need to make this change either way because from what I see vanilla SoD already made bears not hostile when there is Ranger or Druid nearby (which also affects BG1 bears). So exactly the same script can be used in whole game. It will be changed in next release.

Any idea?

sounds like some Near Infinity problem if by unpcking you mean the feature from NI. Maybe WMP file in override became corrupted. Don't know what to do in such situation.

Edited by K4thos

Not NI unpicking, I used 7z to zip my saves together as they were starting to take a lot of place and extracted a few of them.

The worldmap has no background but the areas are still placed at the right positions.

Edit : Aaaand my worlmap is back, some things I don't understand...

Edited by GrimLefourbe
Vanilla BG2:EE sets the variable Global("InToB", "GLOBAL") to 1 when you start the ToB campaign. EET doesn't appear to set this variable which is causing issues in one of my mods.

NI can't find "InToB" match in any of the vanilla scripts or dialogues (other than triggers in GORCAMB.DLG) so it seems to be hardcoded part of MoveToExpansion() action which is not used in EET (we are using Campaign system instead). The InToB variable will be properly set via AR4000.BCS in the next release instead of ENDOFBG2 variable (which is currently used for filtering like this). Thanks for report.

Edited by K4thos

ok, tested out the remaining stuff:

BD4300 Aun Argent?

why not? I think it sort of makes sense that he decides to stay there if you manged to rescue him. Unless you think he would be arrested by Flaming Fist? Is there any mention of that in SoD dialogues?

BD5100 Floss and Gurgle talking about "Why you're still there?"

"I've been asking myself the same question". Don't see any plot related conflict in their dialogue other than silly question but they are Sahuagins after all :p. There are more characters kept in Underground River even when you come back there from BG2 (those not related to Flaming Fist and Crusaders).

Edited by K4thos

I feel like Charname spends quite some time being tortured and having npcs act like you just left and were there 3 hours earlier.

I just think Aun Argent would move on with his life and not stay here for seemingly no reason. The sahuagins being here makes sense but talking to you like you were just there when in fact you left for a few weeks seems weird.

The djinni in the coalition camp seems to have moved on with his life and it makes sense to me.

Edited by GrimLefourbe
If you're not using MoveToExpansion, aren't you missing out on a lot of other stuff? More variables, familiar upgrades, bhaal power upgrades, an item, npc cleanup, potentially xp ...

not really.

- BALDUR25,BCS is assigned via CAMPAIGN.2DA

- EET doesn't use WORLDM25.WMP at all

- which variables you have in mind? All I'm aware of is 'DREAM' and now 'InToB'. If there are more than we can set them although there were already full ToB playthroughs on EET without any issues reported

- familiars in EET are unhardcoded (BG1, SoA, ToB uses different CRE files, all is done via opcodes, so the system is pretty much exactly as moddable as vanilla one edit: in fact it's far more moddable than vanilla - see EET_Tweaks, what I meant is that the CRE files are not modified other than adding 1 opcode effect triggered on death, so many mods works with this system as it is. More info will be available in 'Modder's Notes' included in the next release)

- bhaal powers are cleaned out from EXE file to not mess up with the game. They are granted during the game using the same spells (unmodified)

- what item? The starting ones are handled by 25STWEAP.2DA (assigned to menu slot by CAMPAIGN.2DA)

- not sure what you mean by 'npc cleanup'. If assigning 25 versions of INTERDIA.2DA / PDIALOG.2DA entries than in EE patch 2.x it's controlled by additional 2DA files (again assigned by CAMPAIGN.2DA for different campaigns). setup-EET_end.exe automatically generates proper files so you can leave the code in your mod the same as in other platforms

- XP is already handled by vanilla EE XP corrections system

The only change needed is manually one time NPC Override script swapping at the beginning of ToB (if needed). For vanilla NPCs it's done by EET. For mod added BG2:EE NPCs it's up to modders but there is a pre-made function called EET_NPC_TRANSITION that can be used to do it automatically (and adopt other EET systems).

Edited by K4thos

The item is amul27, if you don't have it yet. It's the only thing you get when transitioning (vs starting anew), though some of the extra bags remain unclear (bag19/a/?? - it was supposedly based on xp).

It sets StartMP=1 if it was a multiplayer game. These are made sure to be set:

• HadEllesimeDream1 = 1
  • HadImoenDream1 = 1
  • HadSlayerDream = 1
  • HadJonDream1 = 1
  • HadJonDream2 = 1
  • HadEllesimeDream2 = 1
Gives you xp to reach the minimum starting level if you're lower. Sets XPGIVEN to the difference.
  • Apply SPIN661 on Edwin
  • Apply SPIN678 on Anomen if he is Lawful Neutral

The item is amul27, if you don't have it yet. It's the only thing you get when transitioning (vs starting anew), though some of the extra bags remain unclear (bag19/a/?? - it was supposedly based on xp).

It sets StartMP=1 if it was a multiplayer game. These are made sure to be set:

• HadEllesimeDream1 = 1
  • HadImoenDream1 = 1
  • HadSlayerDream = 1
  • HadJonDream1 = 1
  • HadJonDream2 = 1
  • HadEllesimeDream2 = 1
Gives you xp to reach the minimum starting level if you're lower. Sets XPGIVEN to the difference.
  • Apply SPIN661 on Edwin
  • Apply SPIN678 on Anomen if he is Lawful Neutral

Thanks, missing stuff will be implemented in the next release. All of this is hardcoded when MoveToExpansion() is used in vanilla game? That SPIN678 seems odd to be applied if Anomen didn't pass the paladinhood test. Are you sure the game automatically changes his title and alignment no matter what?

edit: you said when Anomen is Lawful Neutral, so the failed paladinhood test probably also changes his alignment to something lower than default Lawful Neutral.

Edited by K4thos
this is from RE, but there could be errors. What Anomen do you get if you didn't have him in the party and summon him via pp?

just tested it on vanilla BG2:EE. When the game is started in ToB the summoned Anomen is Lawful Neutral without 'Sir' title. So I think we can skip applying SPIN678 in EET. What is RE?

This is a list of strings mentioned in the BG2EE executable which are supposedly related to the ToB expansion initialization.

XPGiven
WorldM25
AR4000
INTOB
StartMP
HadEllesimeDream1
HadImoenDream1
HadSlayerDream
HadJonDream1
HadJonDream2
HadEllesimeDream2
YOSHIMO
IMOEN
EDWIN SPIN661
ANOMEN SPIN678
BAG19
BAG19A
famcat
famcat25
famdust
famdus25
famfair
famfai25
famfer
famfer25
famimp
famimp25
fampsd
fampsd25
famquas
famqua25
famrab
famrab25
SPIN101
SPIN102
SPIN103
SPIN104
SPIN105
SPIN106
SPIN200
SPIN201
SPIN202
SPIN203
STARTMP
25OVERRIDE_SCRIPT_FILE
AMUL27

Without further insight into the game's source code I can't tell you the meaning of each string (but most of them should be obvious anyway).