A super mod?

Belanos

I have at least 90 mods now, both Tutu and BG2, and it's taking me forever to go through them all to install each one. What I'm wondering is whether it would be possible for me to create just a few mods that combine all the various components that I'd like to have in my game. I'm thinking that with WeiDu I might be able to create a "monster mod" so I wouldn't have to install each individual one that I've acquired so far, using only the components I want. Is this possible?

I have at least 90 mods now, both Tutu and BG2, and it's taking me forever to go through them all to install each one. What I'm wondering is whether it would be possible for me to create just a few mods that combine all the various components that I'd like to have in my game. I'm thinking that with WeiDu I might be able to create a "monster mod" so I wouldn't have to install each individual one that I've acquired so far, using only the components I want. Is this possible?

Certainly possible. It might involve a lot of work, though.

I don't think it should be much work. Leave the directory names the same, so you'd still have a mass of folders in your BG2 directory, but merge the TP2s.

[Edit] Oh, oh, TRAs might be a problem, actually.

Could use japh' untraify script on 'em all, then re-traify the .tp2 once its combined. Dialogues and stuff could remain in their existing .tra states, couldn't they?

Hmmm... just had an idea. You know to play MP it requires all players to have all the mods installed in the same order? A program that reads in a WeiDU.log and produces a .bat to install those components in that order would be kinda useful for this. Rather than having to copy an enormous override folder.

Archived