[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Hello there.
Installed this today on BGEE because it's awesome and I noticed that when I speak to NPCs that have more than one window of dialog there's a flicker - a graphics glitch when you press "continue." It's a small glitch but it's jarring and vanilla doesn't have this. Anyone else see this glitch or know what causes it?

I have the following mods installed: Convenient EE NPCs and Disable Stoneskin Color.

I've also noticed the issue of missing dialogue. It usually happens with the first dialogue of every batch of dialogues. No EET, just pure vanilla. Not that annoying either, if the dialogues are many, so the bug does not linger.

Yup, it's the version I'm using right now. That's my weidu:

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies: v2.3.0
~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens: v2.3.0
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.8.6
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Make it possible to reach over 127% or under -128% resistance, and make it so a creature's spell is not interrupted by damage if the creature takes no damage: 0.8.6
~LEUI-BG1EE/LEUI-BG1EE.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) - Core component: 4.3.1
~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/SETUP-BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: 3.5

Guest Anonymous

Is there supposed to be only 3 component options win the WeiDU?

~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.3.1
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 4.3.1
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.3.1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, Guest Rik said:

I've also noticed the issue of missing dialogue. It usually happens with the first dialogue of every batch of dialogues. No EET, just pure vanilla. Not that annoying either, if the dialogues are many, so the bug does not linger.

Judging from your weidu.log, you don't seem to have installed the DLCmerger mod, and you are modifying the BG1EE game, or more likely a game with the Spear of the Dragonsiege DLC so ... based on this, you need to revert back to original, and install the DLC merger, before you install other mods. Or your dialog will always be bad.

31 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Is there supposed to be only 3 component options win the WeiDU?

~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.3.1
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 4.3.1
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.3.1

Yes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest Anonymous

I'm guessing that I skip: Install Component [lefreut's Box 5 (Dialog Box) Override]? in the EEUITweaks installer

~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Mods Options: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Hidden Game Options: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Display max proficiency limits: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Dee's Permanent Thieving Button: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Leveling Progress Bars Options: 3.7

I ended up with this... I don't think it will interfere with your enhanced UI.  If you want to edit your previous reply and tell me if these will interfere, that would be cool but I don't want to force any dumb questions on you. Thanks for the cool lookin UI.

Sometimes (depending on the font size settings), the engine decides to draw the first portion of the text at a smaller size than what it should. This produces the space between the line. And it seems that in some other situations, the engine decide to not draw all the text (or a least the text overflows the box content and the text is cropped).

I think both of these issues are engine bugs and I don't have any bypass.