[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for the work you have done on this mod. After having installed SOD my BG1 experience was never the same because I hate the black UI that gets imposed on the player with the dlc.

I have a couple of questions, probably due to me being a noob, but in your first post you mention several components, but when I'm installing the BG1EE skin, I only get asked 3 questions during the setup. Is there any way to access the remaining options?

Also, is there a way for me, while using the BG1EE skin, to have the inventory screen unchanged by the mod?

(I'm installing the mods on BG1EE btw)

Thanks!

On 3/19/2021 at 5:55 PM, coredumped said:

Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for the work you have done on this mod. After having installed SOD my BG1 experience was never the same because I hate the black UI that gets imposed on the player with the dlc.

I have a couple of questions, probably due to me being a noob, but in your first post you mention several components, but when I'm installing the BG1EE skin, I only get asked 3 questions during the setup. Is there any way to access the remaining options?

Also, is there a way for me, while using the BG1EE skin, to have the inventory screen unchanged by the mod?

(I'm installing the mods on BG1EE btw)

Thanks!

The options have been moved from install to in game. You can change them in the Graphics options screen. I forgot to edit the first post.

With this mod, you can't choose to skip some screens. If you want only a subset of the UI changes, you can try EEUITweaks and only select the components you want. It will not be exactly the same as this mod as some minor tweaks are not available in EEUITweaks.

Edited by lefreut

It will probably mostly work but from what I have seen so far, there are some minor issues : some new options will not be available in game and double sounds will be played when opening/closing item description for example. I need to check if there are more issues and if I can fix them.

As a person that is deeply fond of original BG2 GUI design, I would like to thank you for your tireless work to restore classic interface for BG enhanced edition games and retain its usability throughout all the version of the games. I look forward to see the new update of your great mod.

Guest HahaCharadeUR

Hey Lefreut - Long time no see!  Glad to see you're still in business.   Something weird for ya mate. I can only get the newest version of the BG:EE mod to install the first 3 components.  Then it ends and says successful.  I can't get to Journal Entries collapsed, etc.  When I install the old install from the old BG forums, I get all 12 prompts. Any clues? 

Guest HahaCharadeUR
1 hour ago, lefreut said:

Like I said a few posts above, the options have been moved from install to in game. You can change them in the Graphics options screen :)

You're the man, thanks

I released a new version (v4.4) for all three mods for better compatibility with 2.6. If you encounter any bug, do not hesitate to report it.

This new version is no longer compatible with 2.5, you must use the previous version v4.3.2 for that.

Guest Khalid the Second

Sometimes in item descriptions and spell descriptions, the text is cut off on the right hand side. I have to make the font very big so that it adjusts and is readable. An example is the Golden Pantaloons' description (when identified) in BG1. The writing is cut off in some places. This doesn't happen in the vanilla item description box.

Guest Khalid the Second

Here is a link to some screenshots I took: https://imgur.com/a/JuOAYRM

Also, it happened at the Chapter 3 narration screen that plays when you kill the guy in the Nashkel mines and take the letter. I don't have a screenshot of that, unfortunately, but it's the same as the descriptions.