[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Guest Anonymous

If I skip installing your Enhanced UI and instead use EEUITweaks Mod Collection and choose to skip one or both: lefreut's 1.3ish dialog box and lefreut's fonts... will text still occasionally get cropped? I would like to know how to avoid this from happening.

I have one question for this mod, is there anyway to customize the font type and font size of certain part only (for example I just want to modify dialogue or combat log), like how we adjust it in bgee.lua file generated with nearinfinity?

Asking this for bgee and iwdee

Edited by marcnivar
1 hour ago, marcnivar said:

Asking this for bg and iwd.

You sure ? Cause I hear you prefer the IWDEE and I suspect the BG1EE+SoD, rather than the originals... :D

And those have a font size selection in the options menu's graphics section.

5 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You sure ? Cause I hear you prefer the IWDEE and I suspect the BG1EE+SoD, rather than the originals... :D

And those have a font size selection in the options menu's graphics section.

Corrected😅 

in game option will change all fonts together. But I prefer to change each type of font separately. For example, bigger for dialogue, smaller for item description etc

Edited by marcnivar
11 hours ago, marcnivar said:

Corrected😅 

in game option will change all fonts together. But I prefer to change each type of font separately. For example, bigger for dialogue, smaller for item description etc

It's doable but it's not straightforward. The styles section in BGEE.lua defines categories with font and size that you can change. But in my mod, the dialog and combat log use the "normal" style which is also used by a lot of other element so if you change it it will change the size of other texts. You will also need to edit the UI.menu to do what you want.

10 hours ago, Guest Ragnar said:

Does anyone know how can i install lefreut ui and restore the vanilla dialogue box so i dont get the skipped text?

You can use EEUITweaks to install individual component (and skip the dialog one).

Guest Ragnar

I never understood what was that mod for.

1) Is it a merge of various mods making you able to pick every single component from every single mod and mix them?
2) If I wanted only your ui mod, do I take that I have to select only the stuff marked lefreut ui?

13 hours ago, lefreut said:

It's doable but it's not straightforward. The styles section in BGEE.lua defines categories with font and size that you can change. But in my mod, the dialog and combat log use the "normal" style which is also used by a lot of other element so if you change it it will change the size of other texts. You will also need to edit the UI.menu to do what you want.

Tried that in IWDEE and I can change the dialogue font without messing up the record screen.

However, a different font will make the record screen looks weird in BGEE, it seems like only the default one can fit in the small bar there...I guess that is why you said need to edit the UI menu.

Guest Ragnar

~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // lefreut's Character Creation Screens -> Default Button Position: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Portrait Selectors -> lefreut's Portrait Picker: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2042 // lefreut's Better Level Up Indicators -> lefreut's Level Up Glow with Click: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // lefreut's Keep Dialog Box active after death: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // lefreut's Improved Record Screen: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3023 // Journal Fixes and Tweaks -> lefreut's Journal (quests expanded by default): 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3028 // lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // lefreut's Improved Inventory Screen -> With Item Comparison: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4005 // lefreut's Store Screen Tweaks -> Default Button Position: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Spell Books -> lefreut's Inscribed Arcana: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // lefreut's Tooltip Scroll: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // lefreut's Box 5 (Dialog Box) Override: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5040 // lefreut's Improved Fonts -> Non-Italicized fonts for descriptions: 3.7

Is this alright?

Guest Anonymous

I've come to the conclusion that compartmentalized isn't really worth it (you can probably avoid the dialog box from rarely cutting the occasional dialog by expanding the box in a crowded room). 

I think lefreut's Enhanced UI has a few minor things that EEUITweaks did not; like improved main menu screen, quitting dialog box and chapter start screens.

I ended up with this at the start of mod order:

~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.8.6
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.3.1
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Mods Options: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Hidden Game Options: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Display max proficiency limits: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Dee's Permanent Thieving Button: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks: 3.7
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Leveling Progress Bars Options: 3.7
~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/SETUP-BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: 3.5

Hello,

@Morgoth @temnix or anyone else that have issues with the dialog box from my UI mod,  if you could try this change to see if it's better (or worse).

Open the UI.menu file in the overwrite folder and search for this:

text
			{
				enabled "rowNumber == 1"
				opacity lua "step == 1 and 0 or 255"
				area 0 0 -1 -1
				text lua "getDialogText(1)"
				text style "normal"
			}
			text
			{
				enabled "rowNumber == 2"
				area 0 0 -1 -1
				pad 0 0 0 12
				text lua "getDialogText(2)"
				text style "normal"
			}

And replace it with this (area 0 0 752 -1 instead of area 0 0 -1 -1 in the these two texts section):

text
			{
				enabled "rowNumber == 1"
				opacity lua "step == 1 and 0 or 255"
				area 0 0 752 -1
				text lua "getDialogText(1)"
				text style "normal"
			}
			text
			{
				enabled "rowNumber == 2"
				area 0 0 752 -1