Grey the Dog Bug Report Thread

jastey

On 6/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, InKal said:

NPC Sirene and Bristlelick can use his items. Maybe not a bug, but they really should not in my opinion.

Haha, yea, I have Sirene wearing one of his helmets - it isn't better stat wise than any random basic helm, but I figure it's due to her animalistic tiefling nature that she agrees to wear dog armor. 🤣

For actual issues, I don't know if it's due to @morpheus562skills-and-abilities mod, and perhaps Gray's basic/starting armor being classified as heavy armor (which S&A gives a non-proficient movement penalty to) but the dog (as a main party member) moves slower than the rest of the party - I am using Anthology Tweaks (cdtweaks) a7 auto haste component at 150% cast+movement speed.  Even with the pip in Heavy Armor (S&A) which should remove the movement penalty, he still moves slightly slower than the rest of the party, as if his base movement is a little slower than the rest.

Edited by ahungry
7 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Upon entering Ust Natha, Grey attacked a giant spider, and the whole city went hostile.

He's in a 7th member slot.

Which version of the mod do you have? The mod gives him the DEFAULT.bcs script as class script. He should only defend himself if attacked.

5 hours ago, ahungry said:

I have Sirene wearing one of his helmets

Welllll maybe the ear protection fits for her horns?..

Grey moving either too slow or too fast (varies for oBGII or EE, or with or without Movement Rate tweaks) is a known issue. Help appreciated.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:04 AM, jastey said:

Which version of the mod do you have? The mod gives him the DEFAULT.bcs script as class script. He should only defend himself if attacked.

V8, downloaded 7/6/22.

And, it was unfair of me to blame the poor doggo; he was just defending himself.  The Giant Spider (UDSPID01.cre) attacked first!

It's weird there is a spider that just attacks if it turns the whole city hostile.

But I am glad Grey's scripts worked as intended.

That's another thing that could use some better handling: giving him different scripts in a easy fashion, make him follow the PC or not, etc. I guess the available options would be hot keys or via dialogue choices.

Regarding the run speed - I didn't peek at the file or try testing any adjustment of base speed, but if it's a known issue that Grey can sometimes lag behind the party, would a better change be to overcompensate and just allow him to move faster than the rest?  He is a dog afterall (I found it weird dogs/wolves go slower or same speed as the humans, but maybe that'd be a good tweak pack change to do globally - make them much faster).

Play wise, I see him as a bit of a tank, so moving faster/ahead of the party (at least when present as a core member and not the 7th wheel) and leading the way would actually be a lot nicer than lagging behind and waiting for him to catch up.